Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 17

Old 04-13-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Love the picture, Snoozy.

SW, what wonderful news.
So glad that your family is doing well.

Leshar, good luck with the diet. It should be a piece of cake......whoops.

I'm a little bummed out tonight.
Maybe it's cause I'm tired as I worked 11 hrs. today.
I'm also having issues with my hands. Mostly my finger joints.
Think I might have some Osteoarthritis going on. Years of working with my hands(machinist) might be catching up with me. This new job also requires a lot of work with my hands.

Anyways, hope everybody is having a nice night/day. Hope to work a normal day tomorrow so I can take my pup for a sunset walk.
Take care.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
I had a great day today my brother is signing up for college to help others with addiction

1 of my sisters is close to completing a 6 month rehab

The other sister is coming up on 3 years but we fell out again today i tried but she is acting like a 2 year old child and i cant be bothered

One of my neices is climbing mountains and my other neice visted yesterday which made my day

all in all it was a good day today
Wolfy , that's great wow , it really does prove that alcoholism runs in families doesn't it ? We're your mum & dad or grandparents drinkers too?

Ps you ALWAYS get that ONE sister lol

Did you hear from Leigh ?

G'day Bob , Leshar , Crois ( it's great to have you back , I've missed you.) Leigh , Dee, ladybug , how's Abby & hope things are wonderful .xx
Hiya Lulu , humbug ( keep checking in matey ) Pete ( where are youuuuuu,
Huntington , and others Ive probably missed xxxx

Hollys almost finished her learners permit , only has a few hours left befor she goes for her probationary license. She's doing really well , I'm proud of her.
I don't white knuckle it with her driving like I did with her 2 sisters

Hope you all have a lovely day / evening wherever you are in the world , my dear friends xxx

Old 04-13-2015, 06:39 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Ps Bob, get some glucosamine into you. I'm sure you will notice the difference.most of the arthritic patients at work are on this supplement.

11 hours is a long day love , try to get some balance , those long hours catch up to you after a while . Take care buddyxxxxxx
Old 04-13-2015, 10:26 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good morning Julyers

Hi Snoozy thats great about Holly Congratulations and to answer your question Yes my family tree on both sides has a lot of addiction going back generations (Scottish & Irish, im not being sterotypical my bloodline has a lot of addiction in so many diffrent areas) the good news is me my brother & my 2 sisters are all in recovery and things are becoming better & better bar my immature older sister thank you for being a awesome friend Snoozy

Bob - (Thank you) I take a high strenght Glucosamine supplement (1500mg) and i take cod liver oil for the arthritis in my ankle i also strenghten the area with specific exercises for my ankle but the glucosesamine really really helps and i recommend it heavily

Thank you D, hello Leshar, Hello Croiss
Have a beautiful day Julyers
Old 04-14-2015, 04:34 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Snooz, you look so well....and losing that weight has you glowing! (I bet the dose of Ryleigh helped also!)

Good luck with your Scarsdale diet, Leshar...it sooooo sucks that the weight goes on so much more easily as we age too. Doesn't help!

SW...I've got addiction on both sides, with good doses of codependant and ACOA behaviour also....my father does not drink, but sometimes I find his co-dependant and ACOA (adult child of an alcoholic) behaviours more damaging to us than my mothers alcoholism was on her children.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:33 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Nice to hear from everyone. Waiting to see my psychiatrist. I will get the results of my MRI.
Bob, I hear you about joint pain. I've been told my hips are 50% worn out and I will need hip replacements in the next 5-7 years. I take glucosamine too. Also a NSAID from my doctor. Maybe you need to see your doctor? At least I know drinking didn't bring on OA.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:34 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Terrible headache and fatigue. I think it's sugar withdrawal.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you (((Crois)))

(((Leshar))) have you heard of kool & sooth strips for headaches & migraines thier 100% water and cheap as chips and they are really effective i use them

I turned 21 months today and its a beautiful day i topped up my tan in the garden i cant believe im already tanning and its april its unnaturally hot but im not complaining lol

Have a great day Julyers ! Hello to Snoozy Bob & D
Old 04-14-2015, 10:42 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Well done on 21 months, SW!

My MRI shows some abnormality in an area called the cerebral peduncles which are to do with nerve transmission, movement. My psych doesn't seem too worried about this as I have no symptoms, like Parkinson's symptoms eg, (Larry had Parkinson's, awful) but he's going to have a neurologist look at the films. No point in worrying for now. I see my psych again May 5th. Mood holding steady, thank goodness. Just super tired, I think it's the change in my diet.
Old 04-14-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Do your best

Really good to hear your doing well i hope your apt on may 5th goes well Leshar

Thank you
Old 04-14-2015, 03:57 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Leshar I'm glad you have your results lovely as you said , your psych doesn't seem too worried , which is a good thing.

In a way it must be a relief to actually see something so as you don't feel like you've been going mad.

I notice you tend to cycle , almost bipolairish in a way ( think I just made that word up ) I'm a scrabble queen , I make my own rules ! Ha

I wondered if this would happen after your trip , the same as it did last time.
But that's ok , you've got this , we are all here for you , darling one

Make yourself get out of bed , have your shower before you do anything & the rest will fall into place xxxx

Old 04-14-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

WOLFYYYYY!!!! xox ..............21 months is so awesome lovely

WE LOVE YOU , OUR WONDERFUL JULY BUDDY XOXOXOX

:

Old 04-14-2015, 05:04 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

I'm going to try those supplements that you guys recommend.

Congrats SB!!! 21 months is awesome
Old 04-15-2015, 04:56 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

You're so right, Snoozy, I am cycling, and I am in fact Bipolar, type 2. I do think I'm a bit down after such a good holiday, and then our scenes presentation, I've no project on the go, so I'm a bit out of sorts. But I'm carrying on doing things, like showering! This diet is getting me down too, but I'll stick with it, even for a week.
My pdoc says that I should go ahead and plan to attend my med school 30 year reunion this August. He says that if I don't plan things ahead, I'm not engaging in my life. I worry that I'll be ill and will waste a lot of money, but I plan to book my flights today and hope for the best. Being with people is a good thing. And seeing Dublin after so many years will be lovely!
Old 04-15-2015, 05:11 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Administrator

You sound good to me Leshar - probably better than I am this week

D
Old 04-15-2015, 05:53 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Hope you are OK, Dee?

Leshar...Snooz is right, you hav us here to support you. I think we understand how it gets for you a bit better now too.

Well...I had a run in with my daughter tonight....one minute it's a normal conversation, next minute she gets hysterical about how I'm not listening to what she's saying....which I was. You know when people are upset about 1 primary thing, then they flare up because of it, but blame the secondary thing. Hard to explain, but I suspect she was already upset about something else when she called me. It's just easier to explode at your mother, right?

Amway, I'm kind of sick of it. This being forgiving all the time with my children. I just don't need dramatic outbursts right now. More than ever. Not that it would make me drink....at all. It's not that. It's just how people, including your kids, just think you have no dramas other than theirs to deal with.

Just spewing it all out here, lol.

SW...congrats on 21 months.

No cravings or anything here....but not being complacent. Know I still need to address why I drank. It's very complex to explain here, the specifics....but im treading carefully with myself at the moment. Had some changes come up with work and I'd been extremely happy and in a good routine and just starting to feel the next level of awesome....the thought of having to swap contracts, work on the other side of the city, miles away, leave the project I was happy working on, adjust my fitness routine that had worked perfectly to the facilities close to where I was working.....my whole routine changed. All of it. And not in a very positve way. It's been a huge upheaval and I'm not happy, but I'm happy to not be drinking. Anyway, I think it was the anticipation of all that, that the happy phase I was in was about to end, and instead of taking control of the situation, owning an opportunity to move forward in a different way and accepting it might be bumpy for a bit, I drank to mourn the loss of it.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:15 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Dear Dee, are you unwell? Please look after your good self.

Croissant, thanks for sharing. I'm sorry you're having discord with your daughter. And work upheaval to boot. Stay close to us. I know I need this group and it feels good to me that you get my mood swings. I don't feel so alone. Nothing is worth drinking over, not good things nor bad. I think we need to come to accept this. I had cravings out of nowhere last night, horrible, but I guess this will happen from time to time. It's what you do about it. I went to bed at 8pm! Felt done in but better today.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:05 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Do your best

Snoozy i just want you to know how awesome your profile pic is i was laughing its brilliant thank you for being such a good friend kind beautiful caring & welcoming

Hi Bob the Glucosesamine can be bought cheaply if you shop around dont buy the overpriced ones its the same stuff cant wait for you to feel the benefit of the supplement

(((D))) You are a bright guiding light and have helped me so much to grow in sobriety if i can ever help or be there just say the word you are amazing

Hi Leshar Dublin sounds lovely & you done really well getting through a craving ((()))

Hi Croiss a lesson learned is a lesson learned im so glad your here

Sending love & hugs to SoberLerigh i really miss her presence and hopefully she will start to feel better soon (Get well soon my awesome friend) Leigh sent me a msg the other day which made my day thinking of you ((()))

Seriously hot no tshirt weather can't believe im actually tanning its april lol

right bk to sunbathing while it lasts

Live from the garden have a wonderful afternoon friends
Old 04-15-2015, 12:31 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Do your best

Update 8.30pm its just getting a bit past twilight still very warm 21°

It wont last but im happy its warm enough to have the windows open

#No Tshirts lol
Old 04-15-2015, 02:02 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Administrator