Old 02-10-2015, 08:01 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Do your best

Happy birthday Venus & treerat
Old 02-10-2015, 09:19 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Magsie

Evening Overs.

Happy Birthday V xxxxxx and to Andys missus, too.

Gilmer , thinking of your dad and you and your family.

Toots, hen, is dreicth cold, if I've spelt it right. New page.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:20 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hey mags no, dreich is dull, grey dreary, it's kind of an onomatopoeic word

Courage if they bottled me it would have a skull and cross bones on the label!! Great to see you coming here regularly.

Dottie I'm glad you decided not to drink, I had a similar temptation recently, but knew I couldnt give in.

Gilmer, my heart goes out to you I know it is emotionally and physically draining for you at the moment and you are holding up really well. Regardless of whether you are tempted to drink or not, you are still needing support and friendship through a tough time.

FBL, glad your mum is finding her feet. It is funny how we see ourselves so differently to how others see us. I remember fearing a particular station because I felt insecure, but when I told hubby he laughed and said " but you are so strong! Look at what you did there... And there... And there..." And It was like gosh yes, perhaps I am a bit stronger than I give myself credit for!

Hugs Overs x
Old 02-10-2015, 01:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Evening Overs

My friend's son's funeral was very well attended - I arrived early and there was standing room only! It was a humanist ceremony which was a first for me and the eulogy was really good. My heart breaks for his close friends and family.

Thanks Dee for this new thread

DP - I hope that you do take the wine for your work colleagues and basically get rid of it. It would be awful if you had a relapse.

Everyone - good to be here
Old 02-10-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Wink

Happy Birthday!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
A-happy-birthday-n.jpg (35.9 KB, 63 views)
Old 02-10-2015, 03:16 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I was extremely spoiled and loved by SR friends yesterday, which I really really needed.
So thank you all so very much. And tonight is dinner with two girlfriends, which will be lovely, and Friday night is a family barbecue just for me!!!

I have been talking about this in another couple of threads, but I guess I want to tell you all as well. My dad is almost at the end now. Every day he wakes up is surprise to me.

I was an aged-care worker for a long time, and I recognise what the end looks like.
He is so skinny he is almost see-through. And he is barely able to stay awake at all.
Falling asleep in his breakfast, literally. There is more, but you don't need to know.

So the love I received yesterday was a huge boost for me ~ friends here and outside of here showered me in good wishes (and a few presents as well ). I feel stronger. I feel capable of doing what I need to do now, and making sure that I look after myself.

Huge hugs for all the Overs,

V xx
Old 02-10-2015, 03:18 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Do your best

(((fg)))
Old 02-10-2015, 07:03 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Venuscat. I know what it's like to see a loved one at the end. My father in 2000 died from cancer, and just this last July my sister in law from M.S. she was only 47. My heart goes out to you. It's good to have a place to share stuff like this here.
peace-Jonathan
Old 02-10-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Our lovely FBL has just been through this as well....many of us have, I guess.
As have I with my mum.

And yes, it's incredible to be able to share this with each other.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:35 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I forgot to say how very sorry I am that you went through that with your dad and sister-in-law Jonathan.
I was so tired this morning, I wasn't thinking clearly.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:46 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Big (((((hugs))))) to all who need one.

Have a good sober day everyone.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:01 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

HI everyone

It has been a HECTIC and tiring start to the new teaching year. I knew it would be. I am enjoying the challenge. I am learning heaps and making changes I don't even have time to have a look at the forums (at work) any more.

School hours have also changed. We now start earlier. So this adds to the my tiredness. It has even cut down on my CHAT time !!!!!!!

I have had a lot of hectic weekends travelling with my kids. This weekend is my daughters birthday party .... hopefully NEXT weekend I will have some down time.

I guess things are OK at home ... not much has changed .. we are more pleasant to each other I guess. SO that is a positive.

I am considering taking up women's hockey this winter season ... I have until the 20th to decide .... weighing up a lot of pros and cons.

I have been slack posting here and haven't kept up with your journey's so I will try and keep up to date with the thread.

Take care all

Old 02-11-2015, 03:35 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Venus, so sorry to hear about your Dad. I know all too well what it's like. Sending prayers your way today.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:14 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

((((vee)))

cour, are you going to hit the Lemon Ice King of Corona?
Old 02-11-2015, 05:04 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Do your best

(((Overs)))
Old 02-11-2015, 06:01 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi, LSC! What would be the pros and cons of joining a hockey team?
Old 02-11-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Hi, LSC! What would be the pros and cons of joining a hockey team?
I was thinking the same thing......sure, there are time constraints. And you are already really busy LSC. But this might be something special for YOU. Which you deserve. Don't you think?
Old 02-11-2015, 08:01 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hey all.
Been back in Vancouver for a few days now, it's been great hanging out with my friend and her new little baby, being around people who know and love me has been a tonic. I head to the job on Saturday I think. I'm buying a car and driving it there, my friends are selling me theirs for cheap.
I got a freelance writing gig at a well established magazine based here that I have always admired---very exciting! It's a long-time goal come true to write for them, something that always seemed unattainable. DISTANT DREAMS BECOMING REALITY. So amazing and if I was drinking I'd still be miserably making ends meet somewhere, angry at life.
Coming back home felt like a step back but it's not, things are still moving forward and taking shape. Work for this magazine plus a year spent reporting in the north are going to be perfect for my portfolio, for what I want to do. I'm making new plans.....

I hope all you Overs are doing well, I haven't had time to catch up properly...I know I missed some birthdays so HAPPY BIRTHDAYS, you know who you are.
Welcome to Jonathan aka Shark guy.

LSC--OMG women's hockey DO IT. (I'm slightly biased because we have the best women's team in the world *cough, cough*)
Old 02-11-2015, 08:38 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

That is so exciting, InPar! Congratulations!
Old 02-11-2015, 09:07 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Cool

So now I'm Shark guy eh? OK that's fine. sure beats what they used to call me. Actually I posted all those shark pictures to make my 25 posts and be able to private message and stuff. But I do have a fascination for them. I grew up when "Jaws" was big. So was star wars but I didn't post Darth Vader, Glad too. I'd rather be shark guy than Darth. "Darth" what a stupid name.
peace-Jonathan
Attached Images