Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 10

Old 02-03-2015, 03:31 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Goodnight, sweet girl!
Old 02-03-2015, 03:49 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good morning,

Caught up on the posts and have laughed already. Sun's not even up either.
That link was great Conquest....and congrats on the good lab report. I'm ready to add a few more goals also.
V, I'm so glad you had a nice day! Great to turn in sometimes thinking back on happy stuff while you drift to sleep.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:09 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Got sent home early yesterday day to the weather-nice to be working for folks who actually care! Venus and Conquest, happy for you!
Old 02-03-2015, 08:44 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi guys. I had a sober Superbowl Sunday! It was fine and fun. Not really a problem at all. I drove and dh had a bit too much, but whatever. He knew I was drinking water, and it was more his night with the boys. Not often he has a DD.

I know I have had so many slips, lack of commitment to sobriety. My new mini goal is to get through all of February sober. I have waffled too much, and need to make a solid commitment to something more than a day at a time. That does not work well for me, because then I think, well, there is always tomorrow. Or, I think, If I get through today, I can drink tomorrow. Not good. Not for me. Of course, forever is the idea, but for now, it is simply not an option for February, and then, forever may seem more realistic.

we had another storm, another snow day and a late start today. Just behind on house upkeep, errands, and everything with the erratic school schedules and busy sports schedule with the kids. But I am here and thinking of you all.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:54 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
OMG Conquest.. All I can say is that if you ever doubt that the friendships we make here are real, don't. My SR friends are gold.
I love this group. SR is an amazing place for making connections with others who understand our struggles, but also so much more. My theory is that we come here so vulnerable, and begin with one another from such a bare place, that it takes a lot of trust and honesty, right up front. The anonymity makes it a safer place to reveal one's self. We don't do that as readily face to face with others.

I have definitely made real friendships here on SR.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:48 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Phoebe, I hear ya on making longer-term goals. Your post felt like I wrote it from my perspective...one day here or there was me for years. Committing to a month at a time by joining this group has worked much better for me this go around. I hope it does for you too.

So what's good everybody? It's cold and rainy here, stuck inside, so I cleaned like crazy. That always feels good once it's done. Winding down for the night now.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:56 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Phoebe, build those days, one at a time while truly embracing the goodness of each sober day. Sobriety will become second nature!!!
Old 02-03-2015, 06:25 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
I love this group. SR is an amazing place for making connections with others who understand our struggles, but also so much more.
My feelings as well phoebe. I learn from y'all all the time. And finally having someone to talk to about what may be my most personal struggle has been a catharsis.

Well, I'll admit it. It's not even 8:30 and I am ready for bed. Super busy week going on....but all good.

V, I hope your Wednesday is going as well as your Tuesday did. Good night all.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:33 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Goodnight, Octsobers. See you tomorrow.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:10 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Hi guys, all the best.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:51 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

That sounds like you are leaving us Briar?
I hope I'm reading that wrong...
Old 02-03-2015, 11:35 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I did have another really good day...but the trade off for working hard on my life is that I am not here as much. That is a tough one for me. But as much as I don't like change, I need to embrace it.

I may have found a bit more work today...we shall see if the guy calls me.
And I showed my sister the "It's Not About The Nail" video.
Don't think she liked it as much as we did....oh well.
Taking dad to a medical appt tomorrow, and then I have a job network appt for me.
I am getting a bit of help to get new glasses, and some clothes for work. Nice.

I love you all.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:37 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're having good days Venus - SR is a great place but it's always here...I find it's good to get the other parts of my life happening too

D
Old 02-03-2015, 11:41 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Yes...absolutely Dee.
Old 02-04-2015, 02:42 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Good morning gang,

Up and at 'em early today. Plan to see my sister at lunch today and may show her that video too. V, I do miss seeing you around....I'm used accustomed to your light being green....but it sounds like your time away is for good cause.

The gym is calling my name. Have a nice day all.
Old 02-04-2015, 02:44 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Have a wonderful day from!
Old 02-04-2015, 02:48 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

And wow....our beautiful Leigh has 3 years & 2 months sober....how awesome is that???

darling Leigh!! ♥♥
Old 02-04-2015, 03:59 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

3 years and 2 months!!! What an inspiration, Leigh!!! Big hugs your way!

Up and at 'em FAD! I love the early morning hours. Enjoy that workout!

Venus, It's all about balance, right? That's what I'm hoping to gain in sobriety. We know you're with us even when you have to be away for a bit, no worries. I'm so glad things are looking up for you lately!

It's great to hear that y'all enjoyed the clip and are sharing it with others. Everyone's got a nail of their own to handle... That's why the message may not always be received well. Just know that it's intended to be thought-provoking, but funny and light-hearted. Thank goodness that it's ok to laugh at ourselves sometimes!

Pass the coffee, please. We've got another sober day to tackle!
Old 02-04-2015, 05:48 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
Hi guys, all the best.
How you doing this week Briar?

I'm tired, frustrated, and a bit angry. We were hit with another big snow storm Monday into Tuesday. Been dealing with that cleanup all week. Plus my kid is sick once again and I'm not getting any quality sleep.

Drinking won't change any of that BS for the better. Carry on I must.

Good day everyone!
Old 02-04-2015, 07:02 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi all. Thanks for the support. I welcome and cherish it.

Very tired here too. Not real reason. I think the winter weather just gets me down. No energy.

Kids both have colds here too, Arbor. Both well enough to get to school today, but not feeling well. One is coughing, the other congested with a sore throat. I am washing my hands raw and cleaning surfaces, doorknobs, etc... I hope you Little one feels better.

I am so grateful for my husband cleaning up the snow for us here. I have a weak back and could never do it myself!

Sober. A challenge for me is that I often have to go out at night these days. My daughter needs rides for her sports, as does my son, and I had a meeting with someone last night about a school project. It is easiest for me to stay put for the evening, with no wine in the house. If I am craving and have to go out, that voice is nagging me to run by the store to grab a bottle. But, last night I resisted. And i was fine. I slept like a log too, even though I am tired. I just went to bed too late.

Sober sleep is a gift I need to enjoy daily!