Notices

Class of December 2014 Part 7

Old 01-26-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee

Drinking helps me get an escape from 32 years of hell. Clearly, if I feel this way, there was a problem all along. Drinking will never be the answer, but a lil of an escape for a min? I live day to day, min to min most days here. Its not the answer, but who can really give me the answer? I've tried.

Till you walk in my shoes, deal wirh my life, as I live it everyday, please try to understand. I'm offering everyone here a pass into a hell they don't want to go to.

I think I need to take a break from SR, AA for a bit. It isn't helping me much these days.

Thanks all for your input, and support. I will keep trying friends.

luv 2 all
Old 01-26-2015, 04:58 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

You should take a break from drinking not us and AA!!
I was in a really abusive relationship about 10 years ago, so if that's your situation I get it,
Pm anytime, I'll get back to you as soon as I can!
Take care, you don't have to leave here just because you're drinking, please know that.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:12 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee for the reply, and insight. I'm not able, or ready, or willing just yet, it seems.
Hope and pray I will get there, before I die from this. And this is a death wish, for sure.

Someome in AA told me, you gotta want this. If you don't truly, it will Never work. Facts. Thanks much for your share. I hope I can find my way out of this .

Peace .
Old 01-26-2015, 05:13 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Max, I hope you wake up tomorrow, or one day soon, with a different perspective. I cannot imagine what your daily life is like but I'm sure it feels like alcohol helps you cope or escape. But you know as well as I do, that the escape is short lived and comes with a huge price.

Nothing changes if nothing changes.

Hope you stay with us. We are in this together.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:22 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Max I hope you change your mind too. I also think that no matter what problems you face, drinking will not help and only make them worse.

Learned this first hand today - got some aggravating news (don't want to go into now but has to do with my ex) and my first impulse was to ask a coworker to go get a drink. I thought through it tho, and thought I did not want to let something my ex did be the cause of a slip. And I also thought there is no way that 1 or 2 drinks would solve the problem, it would only make me mad that I broke my sobriety. So I breathed through it! And got some chocolate.

Tonight I am planning on checking out in front of the TV for a bit....will be close to SR too. Hugs to all that are struggling tonight.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:28 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Ok, off to AA, don't really feel like it, but I'm meeting someone there ( accountability)
Good news is they probably have cookies or doughnuts there. I don't really keep sweets in my house.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:33 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Kitty that was a great triumph handling crappy news without giving into drinking. Hugs and kudos to you.

Max, please keep reading and hanging with us. You are worth it. Sobriety is worth it. If your spouse is making your life a living hell then do not give them the satisfaction of taking you down. You have a choice to save yourself. No money or no way out of the situation does not warrant losing you. Do not talk yourself out of your strength to survive.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:36 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Max, I'm sorry I'm just now getting to read this. I just want you to know that I hear you...I hear the absolute pain and misery in your voice and I am so sorry you are gong through this.
Max...I also want you to know that I know pain and I know what it's like to be in an absolutely sick relationship. I don't know everything about your life, but I know what it feels like to think you're trapped in hell. I know what it feels like to think you have no options and I know what it feels like to have a death wish cuz hey...it's the only way you can see to get out of the situation.
You already know that booze isn't really helping you or your situation, so I won't go into all that. Max, I believe you have what it takes to stop drinking. Please Just think about taking drinking off the table as an option. Once it's not an option anymore then you will be able to find other ways to handle your life. Please consider it, alright?
Please be gentle with yourself. We love you, max.
❤️
Old 01-26-2015, 05:39 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Kitty, that is such amazing progress! I have handled upsetting/devastating/aggravating news by drinking and you are right, it solves nothing. You wake up the next day and the facts are the same. Many, many times I have drank "at" my ex, like every sip I took was full of anger. and hurt. He didn't know, didn't care, of course. Only hurt myself.
So proud of you!
Old 01-26-2015, 05:42 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Hey Maxi. I think everyone here has given some great advice.

All of us here know you are strong enough to do this. You just have to choose to believe it as well, and it will be so.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:45 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Live easy but think first

Max --- hoping when the fog clears some you may consider giving this another try. We are here and keeping your seat warm.

Kitty --- you are awesome! Excellent work today. We are here should you want to share more.

Dee --- my apologies as well. I posted a commercial link yesterday. Wasn't thinking. Thanks for the reminder.

FABL --- my heart is with you. Love your plan for tonight. Tell us more about your dad. What are you missing? Any stories you want to share?
Old 01-26-2015, 05:47 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Shannon...sorry you didn't hear anything today! Blah! maybe tomorrow?

And yep, I've been a vegetarian for about 10 years now...no eggs and hate milk but gotta have ice cream occasionally!
Old 01-26-2015, 05:54 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Has anyone heard from Mid today? Wasn't sure if I missed a post.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:56 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Live easy but think first

Della --- haven't seen a check in yet.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:59 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Shannon, waiting sucks. Visualize getting the job. I have a good feeling.

Brynn and Shannon, my royal triplet sisters, I was a vegetarian for many years and I still consume very little meat, etc. So much healthier.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:07 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I was just wondering the same thing about mld! Hope she's ok.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:12 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Same here. Mld where are you? How did court go today?
Old 01-26-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Max - I really hope that you check in here tomorrow & recommit. I don't know all of what your life struggles are, but I am certain that alcohol will not make one thing better. ((hugs to you)). Thinking of you

FABL - I'm sorry you are hurting & so glad your sharing your feelings. Have you considered telling your Dad the happy memories you have of him.....maybe really good for him to hear right now too?? Don't mean to overstep my bounds by suggesting that. Hope you are having a relaxing night & that tomorrow will be brighter.

Sorry for not responding to all post......thinking of you all.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Shannon and B, we're the Royal Vegetarian (almost) Triplets!!
Old 01-26-2015, 06:26 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

There has got to be a song title there.