Notices

Class of December 2014 Part 7

Old 01-25-2015, 08:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Page 7 bookmarked so I don't lose track. Might be buying a new car this weekend if all goes well.

Anyhow, hope everyone is well.

Special thanks to Dax for compiling the list.

Still trying to figure how to post pics. Almost had it but resolution will have to be reduced.

Sweet dreams.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:44 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Good to see you post CastDown - resolution needs to be 150x150 or smaller....I just resized mine in picture manager.

Will be thinking of you tomorrow Brynn & sending positive thoughts your way for good news from your Doc. You have a great outlook & that is so admirable
Old 01-25-2015, 09:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Originally Posted by Morning Glory View Post
The forum will be upgraded beginning tomorrow (Monday 1/26)
There may be some downtime during the upgrade.

It might take time to get all our settings back to normal so please be patient if you should find anything that is different or missing.

Some members may have trouble logging in after an upgrade. If that happens close all your windows and delete your cookies and temporary internet files and try logging in again.

Headed to bed and saw this gem. Hopefully we're not all deleted tomorrow ahhhhhh!

Y2K!
Old 01-25-2015, 09:37 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Live easy but think first

Della - love your signature! I also like this quote, "I was addicted to the hokey poky, but I turned myself around."

brynn - will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Copper - good work!

Going to bed!
Old 01-25-2015, 09:44 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Ok day 2 wrapped up.
Bad day, broke up with my boyfriend today.
I'm sober, the weird thing is that I have no idea how I'm supposed to deal with this?!?!
I'm just sitting here. My first inclination is to drink cause apparently that's how I deal with everything I've come to realize.
But I don't want to drink, I actually don't, I don't want to blackout and be a ridiculous drunk anymore.
So I guess I'll have a shower a watch netflix. I don't like these things called feelings.

I hope everything is ok Brynn xoxo
Old 01-26-2015, 03:46 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Js, hugs to you. Sounds like it was your idea to break up but it's still never easy. Change is hard. But one thing I've learned is that drinking will keep us from growing and learning. It keeps us stuck in the same patterns, behaviors, and thoughts. Stay strong!

Brynn, thinking of you today sweetie. You truly amaze me. You meet your challenges head on and have accomplished so much. Yet you are so thoughtful and compassionate. Hoping for good news for you

I'm really trying not to fall into my same routine of Overanalyzing my drinking, obsessing over sober days/weight loss/ exercise/ overstructuring my life , why I drink, how I sleep, how much I drank and when and why. I tend to do that and make such a fuss to myself over being sober again that I get overwhelmed, I expect miracles right away, end up tired of it, disappointed, and give up the fight. I just want to live, be present, enjoy the beauty of thinking clearly and handling my problems normally, enjoy the absence of all the physical effects of drinking and just get used to it all, because this is it. As an on and off dieter most of my life, I think All too often treated "not drinking" like a diet- with a goal, expectations, and maybe even just as a temporary willpower thing with an end in sight, or at least some relief once I achieve some success.
Sorry for the Rambling, just some early morning thoughts.
Happy Monday all!
Old 01-26-2015, 04:54 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

JS - sorry to hear about you and your boyfriend - but he really hasn't been there for you, has he? Sounds like he spent time with you when it was convenient for him. Correct me if I'm wrong. That having been said, I understand that it still sucks. Letting go of any relationship is an emotional thing. I hope you can keep it together and not drink - that sure won't help your emotions. Staying sober is a wonderful thing you can do for YOURSELF.

I have my first court appearance for my DUI today. I'm not even nervous about it, oddly enough. All I'm doing today is entering a plea. I have to plead not guilty because I have a lawyer and I'm trying to reduce some penalties and avoid jail. It will be weird to plead not guilty to something I most definitely did. But that's how it goes. Also two treatment sessions - it's going to be a day all about drinking, in a good way. Every treatment session, AA meeting, conversation with someone about my drinking - even going to court - cements my resolve to shut that AV up once and for all.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:55 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

JSBodhi- sorry to hear that. ((Hugs)) I am glad you didn't have the desire to drink.

Tonks- thanks for posting about the forum update.

Castdown-good luck car shopping! I recently did that too. I hope you find a good deal.

Brynn- I hope your dr. appointment goes well!!

FABL- good idea not over analyzing...that just adds extra pressure. Just go with the flow!
Old 01-26-2015, 04:57 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Della- I hope everything goes well today. Sounds like your going to be super busy.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Good Morning Littermates.
Brynn, my lovely sister, I will pray for you at sunrise and throughout the day. Your body is so much happier, stronger and able to cope without the toxins from alcohol. I love your positive attitude. Whatever the doctor says you will make it work.
Copper, the strength you found last night dealing with your anxiety attack sober will grow exponentially.
JS, wow, breaking up with your boyfriend and staying sober so great. I have found that I have weeded people out of my life now that I am sober. That purging of useless, toxic people have been a cathartic game changer.
FABL, just letting yourself feel where you are instead of over analyzing sound like a comfortable place to be. It's so nice that you are giving yourself a chance to center and be. One step at a time. One day at a time. Slow and steady wins the race.
Cast, wow, a new car! Keep us posted.
Tonks, thanks for the heads up on the site upgrade.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:05 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Happy Monday everyone! Good luck today Brynn and Mid!
Old 01-26-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Mld - good luck in court today. Just think, you are taking your first big step towards having this DUI crap behind you. So glad you got a lawyer.
BigShoe, sorry you missed the parade of pictures - let me tell you that we have a beautiful litter.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:14 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Day 52 for royal triplet sisters.
Dax, thanks again for compiling our list. We are 21 strong - let's keep it that way!

Healing from surgery. Started working out again over the weekend. The only way I know how to get through anything is to push it so I have to be mindful and take it slow and steady.
My third guitar lesson is later today - I'm loving it. My fingers are finally starting to form callouses but they are painful. Just like sobriety, it will be great to be past this initial learning phase and into the actual song playing. Patience.
This is the start to a new week so let's go out there and do good!
Old 01-26-2015, 05:19 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Good morning! Who all is in the northeast and bracing for the storm? I have to say, I'm glad I'm not. If you're there, stay safe!

Thinking of you brynn!
Old 01-26-2015, 05:28 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Della & mld51! I got you two confused.

Good luck Mld51 today!!!

BBQBiker- guitar lessons sound fun!!!
Old 01-26-2015, 07:15 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Y'all, my stomach is in knots waiting to hear if I got my old job back! I'm overconfident at times. I think it's a no brainer that I get the job back. But if that turns out not to be the case, I'm not prepared for the letdown that will follow. I'm trying to keep calm. I'm cleaning out my bathroom cabinets to pass time. I have no desire to drink. I'm a bundle of nerves though. Just thought I'd share my current situation.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:43 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
As an on and off dieter most of my life, I think All too often treated "not drinking" like a diet- with a goal, expectations, and maybe even just as a temporary willpower thing with an end in sight, or at least some relief once I achieve some success.
Wow! FABL-- this entire post was incredibly insightful. I especially liked this bit above. This truly is an amazing bit of self discovery. And I relate to it.

I honestly don't think I got the concept that I don't drink, no matter what. I just wasn't drinking right now. And I think that is a huge reason for my multiple relapses. I have been trying to get this sobriety thing since 4/15/11. That was the first time I admitted I was in trouble and that I felt like my drinking was out of control. Ever since, though, it has been this constant internal debate and battle much like you described above.

I am an alcoholic. I cannot drink, no matter what. Opiates are also off the menu for this alcoholic so I add that to my "no matter what" list.

I just so related to what you shared here. Such good work. Proud of you, dear one.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
Js, hugs to you. Sounds like it was your idea to break up but it's still never easy. Change is hard. But one thing I've learned is that drinking will keep us from growing and learning. It keeps us stuck in the same patterns, behaviors, and thoughts. Stay strong!

Brynn, thinking of you today sweetie. You truly amaze me. You meet your challenges head on and have accomplished so much. Yet you are so thoughtful and compassionate. Hoping for good news for you

I'm really trying not to fall into my same routine of Overanalyzing my drinking, obsessing over sober days/weight loss/ exercise/ overstructuring my life , why I drink, how I sleep, how much I drank and when and why. I tend to do that and make such a fuss to myself over being sober again that I get overwhelmed, I expect miracles right away, end up tired of it, disappointed, and give up the fight. I just want to live, be present, enjoy the beauty of thinking clearly and handling my problems normally, enjoy the absence of all the physical effects of drinking and just get used to it all, because this is it. As an on and off dieter most of my life, I think All too often treated "not drinking" like a diet- with a goal, expectations, and maybe even just as a temporary willpower thing with an end in sight, or at least some relief once I achieve some success.
Sorry for the Rambling, just some early morning thoughts.
Happy Monday all!
Maybe you could post all those thoughts on here instead of letting them swirl around all day in your head? I don't mind reading them and I'm sure others don't mind either.

I've been trying to lose 15 lbs for 2 years now, do you go on my fitness pal?
What are some of your goals? What do you like for exercise?
Old 01-26-2015, 08:02 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Shannon, very cool that you are channeling that nervous energy in to productive cleaning rather than letting it build up or drinking. I bet your bathroom cabinets look marvelous.

JS - I started using My Fitness Pal about three months ago and I have painlessly lost almost 10 pounds. It really has a great database. It may not sound like a lot but it is weight that I have been wanting/trying to lose for over a year. I do not do the social part of it. I just do it on my own. Tracking calories and excercise. Good luck. Keep me posted.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Shannon- sending prayers your way! Good on you for organizing that nervous energy! Let us know. Fingers crossed!

Tonks - thanks for the heads up bro.

BBQ - I love that you are adding creativity back into your life. My mom and I are going to do The Artist's Way together. I am hoping that will unleash some creativity in my life again. I do stand up (or did stand up), but have never done it sober. I also write. I think getting some creative energy would be good for me.

Mld- prayers for today. I love the way you are approaching it. Let us know how it goes today.

JS - feelings. Yes. And don't we have a ridiculous amount right now, not to mention the legitimate ones that come from what you are going through in ending a relationship. I had this image in a meditation some time ago. It's occurring to me now so I'll just share it: I was five or so and I had landed arms forward in a cactus. I had cactus all over my arms and was crying (this did happen). My babysitter was this beautiful and tender woman who had me on her lap. She kept whispering to me to soothe me. When it came time to remove the cactus, I lost my mind. I was wailing and crying. She kept saying, "It will be quick and it will feel better." I struggled over every single bit of cactus. It went on for hours.

In my meditation I saw clearly that if I had stopped struggling and felt the pain in that moment, it would be over and done. But my way, the avoidance that I have done all my life, keeps the wound intact and delays the comfort and relief.

I say all of that to say this: the only way out of feeling pain is through feeling pain. And we are here with some tweezers and lots and lots of hugs, soothing sounds and reminders that it is almost over.

Love.

Dax