Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 18

Old 01-25-2015, 07:42 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thanks Adna - we love Rabbit Proof Fence. Movies/food have been a fun little addition ... and since we cut out all other sugar- we really enjoy anything sweet ...

That book sounds interesting about feeding that many people in that little of space ... We've tried a garden but the weeds were horrible ... We're going to try something simpler next year.

Top- how are you? I think I had a dream that I met you and you were completely better .

By the way, Adna- before that that you are the only fool I've dreamed about and you were so pretty(of course ) ...

Everyone's quiet this weekend!

Take care, yall
Old 01-25-2015, 09:56 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi all,

I've been having a few technical difficulties today, so I'm hoping this post will be accepted, sorting out IT issues is not one of my strengths.

Adna, I'll definitely Google that book. I have great expectations for my garden this year.

Obo, 10 days of the in-laws is harsh, just think "survival", no heroics, just survival.

Soli, I think you're wise to stay away from the www Dr's. I hope you don't have to wait too much longer for the results. Hat's off to you for staying strong through this.

Tops, it's great to hear that you're noticing some improvements, that's got to be a good sign. You'll get your symmetry back in no time, I'm sure. Btw, you've been such an inspiration to me, you seem to be able to tackle things head on - I'm trying to be a bit more of a tackler rather than a "just thinking about it" sort of person

I've had a wonderful restful weekend. I feel so much better, ready to hit the ground running tomorrow.

Hope everyone's had a bit of time to rest today. Another week beckons for the April Fools team. We've got this covered.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:38 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Good Morning/Day, Evening April Fools

I was not feeling so well when I left work on Friday with a little stomach bug then a headache to go along with it yesterday & again today, so had to cancel plans to see Grandsons yesterday, which was really disappointing, as I really miss them.

I did get out in the sunshine yesterday & mowed the back lawn......went for a great walk with Son & his dog. Feeling very lonesome lately......really need to take up some activity's where I can meet people. I know I talked about learning to golf last year, but that didn't happen with my Son playing ball, but he has decided not to play this year, so I am really going to try & do that.

Sun shining again today.....may get some herbs started in my kitchen window
Old 01-25-2015, 12:27 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hi Mariah, hope you're feeling better.
Golf is a great idea, healthy and as social as you want it to be. I wish I lived close to you, then I could come too.

I like the idea of spending a day or two hunting for lost golf balls. There must be lots of satisfaction discovering them down rabbit holes, in the lake, up a tree or even amongst the glass of someone's broken window

(But I expect you'll be going for the traditional shots, and find your ball tucked in beside the flag on the green)

I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes, I think you'll love it.
Old 01-25-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Mariah- love the pic, pretty lady !

You're inspiring me to work out more. I've been exercising with the kids but I could probably kick it up a notch .

Off to the kitchen. Many yummy, healthy snax to make ... hummus, granola bars, pb cookies ...
Old 01-25-2015, 03:33 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Thank You Izzy Great your exercising with the kids....good for everyone
Old 01-25-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Izzy: AUSTRALIAN MOVIES OBO WOULD RECOMMEND......
in no particular order.....
The Castle
The Big Steal.
Idiot Box..
Muriel's wedding...
Storm Boy
The Dish
Chopper
Black Rock
The Boys
Blue Murder (miniseries on youtube)...excellent!!!!!
Looking for Alibrandi
Metal Skin
Romper Stomper
Wolf Creek
Underbelly tv series ( all of them are really good, also on youtube)
Kokoda
Gallipoli
Getting Square
more to come if required......................

Dee: HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stay tuned.............................
Old 01-25-2015, 04:21 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Obo - you too

D
Old 01-25-2015, 08:35 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Dee: You listening to the hottest 100......???

I presume you're not watching the cricket or the tennis.......
Old 01-25-2015, 08:50 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

no obo - I was listening to it before courtesy of the guy upstairs lol
just kicking back in silence now....

D
Old 01-25-2015, 10:54 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hi all,
It's a thinking day today, better get my head in gear.
My inner chimp needs to be on board, otherwise she'll run amok and distract me from my work.
Lots of bananas should do the trick!

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:45 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Obo- thank-you! Love the list!!!

Free- good luck with the chimp

Happy Monday, y'all
Old 01-26-2015, 04:03 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Morning Fools,
7.50am......

Exam period is over and it's back to the grind....

I've had quite a hectic first term with a knee operation and the students marks in the mid year exam certainly shows not enough work was done. The substitute teacher got a little lesson in bad behaviour, some of my boys aren't the best at doing what they're told...!
Just like their teacher......

So I've introduced a new seating plan and divided the lads up.
They're not happy about it either.....

These kids are fifteen and HK students are a mile in front of anywhere else I've been. In academic land that is. Education is a big thing here, the pressure placed on these kids is insane, from their families, teachers and society.
To speak 3 languages, study in science and humanities, with an instrument thrown in is way too much....

Obo was just learning how to drink and smoke at fifteen..... I mean coming into year 10 booze and girls and footy were the only thing my friends and I aspired to......

So I'm changing my method in trying to teach them to master speaking English..... It's such a hard subject to teach let alone understand...... There always a variable....

Collective learning I'm calling it.....
Bring them through as a group rather than who cam complete all assigned tasks...

This will be sure to attract the attention of the H.O.D's and the principal, but he's leaving at the end of the year and so are both of the vice principals.....
a small window is open for the NET (native English teacher) to create an environment where they aren't threatened all the time as individuals, but put together and using Chinese to understand each task as a group. I think this will work....!!!!

Hope all the fools are well.....

stay tuned..................
Old 01-26-2015, 05:41 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Don't have much time but wanted to share the good news that my blood work came back normal! Until I got that phone call I had the feeling like I was slowly creeping up to the top of a huge drop on a scary roller coaster and then all of a sudden I was standing still on the ground. Quite honestly I'm a bewildered and confused. And to be really honest I am still worried that something is wrong with me.

Has anyone seen the UK version of Shameless? My husband says I am one step away from being Sheila haha. I do love her.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:48 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Great news Sol.........

Yes love the UK version of shameless, that's not a compliment though....!
Old 01-26-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by obosob View Post
Morning Fools,
7.50am......

Exam period is over and it's back to the grind....

I've had quite a hectic first term with a knee operation and the students marks in the mid year exam certainly shows not enough work was done. The substitute teacher got a little lesson in bad behaviour, some of my boys aren't the best at doing what they're told...!
Just like their teacher......

So I've introduced a new seating plan and divided the lads up.
They're not happy about it either.....

These kids are fifteen and HK students are a mile in front of anywhere else I've been. In academic land that is. Education is a big thing here, the pressure placed on these kids is insane, from their families, teachers and society.
To speak 3 languages, study in science and humanities, with an instrument thrown in is way too much....

Obo was just learning how to drink and smoke at fifteen..... I mean coming into year 10 booze and girls and footy were the only thing my friends and I aspired to......

So I'm changing my method in trying to teach them to master speaking English..... It's such a hard subject to teach let alone understand...... There always a variable....

Collective learning I'm calling it.....
Bring them through as a group rather than who cam complete all assigned tasks...

This will be sure to attract the attention of the H.O.D's and the principal, but he's leaving at the end of the year and so are both of the vice principals.....
a small window is open for the NET (native English teacher) to create an environment where they aren't threatened all the time as individuals, but put together and using Chinese to understand each task as a group. I think this will work....!!!!

Hope all the fools are well.....

stay tuned..................
Obo- you sound like a great teacher! They may not like it but sounds like what they need . Also sounds like the kind of stuff movies end up being made of ...

Sol - glad your tests came back good.

Well, it's tv nite w the hubs. We're just sooo exciting ... !

Nite, fools
Old 01-26-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

.....A movie production staring Obo...this is fabulous news

Izzy......My exciting nights are herbal calm tea & tracking down all of the remotes my Son misplaces.

Solilo.......so happy that your test results came back normal. I really hope that it will bring you some peace of mind & that you can relax a bit now.

I'm having a hard time the last few days.....not sure exactly "what" the problem is...just that sense of "dis-ease"....usually it passes, but seems to be sticking with me. I think I will make a phone call to a friend in sobriety & see if I can get together with her in the next day or two & talk. OK, Ill do that now
Old 01-26-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad the tests were good Solil

D
Old 01-26-2015, 11:38 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

That's great news Solil!

obo, I love hearing your thoughts on your classes. The kids are lucky to have such a creatively minded teacher.

Mariah, sorry you've had a few unsettled days. It's strange how those sorts of feelings crop up, with no real reason. Sounds like you're on the case though, calling a friend. Hope you wake up tomorrow feeling better.

I had a "non-drinking" dream last night. A fellow was telling me that he was going home to have a drink, I then explained that I no longer drink and feel so much better for it, then my partner who was with me said "me neither, life's better without it"!

I think it stems from a moment yesterday when I noticed a couple of J2O bottles (fruit juice) in the shed waiting to be recycled. I thought, wow, he's been drinking those instead of beer. I think that thought must have stayed in my subconscious while I was sleeping.

I'm sure I'll have plenty of drinking dreams in the future, but an anti- drinking dream has made me smile.

Today's quote on my calender is: "just for today I will try to live through this day only, and not tackle my life's problems at once" (unknown author).

My chimp was good to me yesterday, I'm hoping she'll behave today too.

Have a great day all.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Thanks Freein......I think I am feeling a bit restless & pulled out a pile of gardening magazines last night & will start some projects. Also, your quote today is really "key" I think in the day to day of sobriety, living in the moment.

Obo, you really do sound like a fabulous teacher, what a refreshing thing for those kids

Great day everyone!!