Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 9

Old 01-26-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Awesome Briar. You sound good tonight. I'm glad It's amazing how many healthy stress relievers are out there. They work so much better than the drink. Just have to be open to them and try.

No World Market out this way. But I did find the Numi on Amazon like you said.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:12 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Talking about stress management, I am going for a really big walk tomorrow morning.
Bright and early.
I have so much to do, and I am feeling overwhelmed, and I know that I do better when I walk for a couple of hours. Then I can get back to the job hunt.

I hope you all had a good night. ♥
Old 01-27-2015, 05:20 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

FAD, I've got some lemon ginger tea that tastes too peppery to me as well. It was great when I was sick though. I'm not sure of the brand, but there's a ginger peach tea out there that is outstanding. It comes in a cylinder, costs about $10-12 but makes an awesome iced tea...added to the grocery list.

I've put off this checkup and blood work for years but I'm going in today! Ugh lol

The last time I had blood work done, it was ordered because I had had a full on panic attack and was sent for a stress test. The cardiologist said my heart was perfect, but that I may want to discuss my liver enzyme levels with my doctor to make some "dietary adjustments." I knew she knew and was a little embarrassed. My GP said they were nothing to really worry about, that he'd seen much higher, but I knew that it was starting to take its toll... It took 6 years for significant steps in the right direction, but I'm so glad now. Not sure why I blabbed that, but if only to say that facing the music stinks. But it's necessary for growth, no matter what the pace is.

I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.

Soberly we go, friends!
Old 01-27-2015, 05:24 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Conquest View Post
FAD, I've got some lemon ginger tea that tastes too peppery to me as well. It was great when I was sick though. I'm not sure of the brand, but there's a ginger peach tea out there that is outstanding. It comes in a cylinder, costs about $10-12 but makes an awesome iced tea...added to the grocery list.

I've put off this checkup and blood work for years but I'm going in today! Ugh lol

The last time I had blood work done, it was ordered because I had had a full on panic attack and was sent for a stress test. The cardiologist said my heart was perfect, but that I may want to discuss my liver enzyme levels with my doctor to make some "dietary adjustments." I knew she knew and was a little embarrassed. My GP said they were nothing to really worry about, that he'd seen much higher, but I knew that it was starting to take its toll... It took 6 years for significant steps in the right direction, but I'm so glad now. Not sure why I blabbed that, but if only to say that facing the music stinks. But it's necessary for growth.

Soberly we go, friends!
We know you can. We know you can. We know you can.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:25 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Glad you spoke with your doctor, Briar.

As Arbor said, you sound good.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:25 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Morning guys, I'm at work and ready for a new day. Going to really try to focus on not freaking out over the amount of work I have to do. I can only do so much, and my health is more important, right?

I hope everyone has a good day.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:04 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Ha, my office mate just gave me a jar of expensive lavender bath salts she got as a gift but doesn't want. Coincidence? Guess I'll have to relax tonight
Old 01-27-2015, 10:31 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Sounds heavenly, Briar. Soak it up!

My appointment went very well, not bad at all. I'm curious about the results but won't get those for about a week I guess.
Afterwards, I treated myself to Shipleys, a popular donut place out here, and a diet dr. Pepper. Breakfast of champions! Lol
Now off to work and all I wanna do is play. Not to rub it in, arbor and Phoebe, but it's sunny and 72 down here. Gotta love Texas in the winter! I hope you all are fairing that storm ok. I'm thinking about you both.

Stay strong peeps!
Old 01-27-2015, 10:39 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Two feet of snow and still falling. We do have power and are warm, so all is good. My son has already been out to play in it. The drifts are deeper than he and his 10-12yo friends!

I plan to get going on some nice dinner. I have pork tenderloin in the fridge. Going to google some marinade or rubs. Maybe some brown rice and a veg and salad greens to go with it.

Has Arbor checked in today?

Conquest, glad you got your doctor visit done. I hope your results all come back great. With some solid sober time, they should.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:18 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Very early good morning.
Trying to alleviate some of my anxiety so I'm about to hit the shower and go for a very long walk.

You do sound good darling Briar.
Awesome work Conquest.
Have a great afternoon phoebe.

Love to Leigh and everyone else. ♥
Old 01-27-2015, 05:26 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Conquest View Post
Sounds like someone was read the little engine that could I read that to my son. The same exact book my mother read to me. She saved it.

We survived the blizzard! Actually it was down graded. It's path moved more east so lucky us. We got about 7-8 inches of light fluffy snow. I was out in it all day. I'm spent! Super grateful we didn't get hit hard. How is it now where you are Phoebe?
Old 01-27-2015, 05:53 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor8 View Post
I read that to my son. The same exact book my mother read to me. She saved it.
That's the kind of treasure money can't buy.....and that's the best kind!

Glad all is well at the Arbor home.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:01 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

How was your day FAD? Your kinda quiet today.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

All is well Arbor. Really busy with some changes I'm implementing at my work that I'm happy about. But since getting home my spouse has been out with her lady friends for dinner etc., so full on daddy duty for me. Done now though. Hot shower accomplished too.

I really enjoyed the night time rituals with my kids....bath time, reading to them, or just making up stories with them on my lap. Good stuff. June will bring y'all another blessing and with you being on track it's going to be a great new chapter for your household.

I've been thinking about what you had to deal with today and that you mentioned being out in it. That calls for a good meal, hot shower, and some shut eye.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:40 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Good to hear your well. A hot shower, and a nice meal was had. Boy in bed and I'm soon to follow! Really glad the storm was downgraded. I would still be out there otherwise.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:19 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

My AA Milne books are from 1950.
How cool is that...
These things are treasures indeed.

Funny, I actually heard on our local news this morning that the big snow storm forecast for the east coast of the US had fizzled out.
We DO NOT get weather reports for the US on our news...so it was funny. I was very glad to hear it.

How are my favourite guys doing? Sounds like you are both doing well.
That makes me happy.

And from ~ I walked for over three hours. My feet are sore, but BOY do I feel good.
What a difference...exercise is just so crucial to good mental health for me.

Massive hugs for all! ♥
Old 01-27-2015, 07:27 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Arbor I have a bunch of books my mom saved from when I was little, including The little engine that could. Some of them are pretty thrashed, but I taped them back together and they work just as well as they ever did.

I'm glad everyone survived the snow. It's been mostly sunny and pretty warm here, mid 60s. The frosty streak was kind to my lemons. Maybe pie this weekend. I had to freeze some of the curd we didn't get to. Apparently it freezes well, so I might make a bunch to enjoy throughout the year.

I'm tired tonight after another stressful, frantic day at work. But today was the first day in a month I've felt I might actually be catching up. I was able to dig through the piles and prioritize instead of just constantly working off the top.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:30 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Sorry, my kid bumped my phone and posted before I was done, but all I had left to say was that I hope everyone is doing well. V - I hope you were able to calm your anxiety, that's the worst feeling. Now I'm going to have my peppermint tea and watch the rest of Rio with my kid.

Best to all.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:38 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Yes Briar love, I feel a thousand times better.
No exercise = crazy V!!

And I am so glad to hear that your day felt so productive.
Lovely news...
Old 01-27-2015, 10:10 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Thats good V.

and Conquest I'm glad your check up went well. I know the feeling of worrying about what the doctor will find. So uncomfortable. I don't know why but when I drank daily I would get some kind of issue where the lymph nodes around my head and neck would swell up and get really painful. It would come and go. Sometimes I could barely turn my head and it really hurt to lay my head on my pillow. That seemed like probably a bad thing, but I was always too scared and embarrassed to ask a doctor. The cure seems to be not drinking.