Notices

One-Year-and over club Part 22

Old 01-07-2015, 04:17 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

It's -1F here this morning with a windchill of -30F. Itch, I know 16F is WAY cold for ya'll down south, but up here that'd be a heat wave A few more days of bitter cold for us, then temps will moderate back to the 20s next week.

IP, way to go on fighting the urge...you've come WAY too far to give in now!

LB, good luck with the hunting...what kind of critters are ya after? I used to watch the Red Green Show once in awhile, but haven't seen it in about 15 years or so.

Rusty, we crossed paths...I'm sending some more cold air your way, so keep that "trap-door" buttoned up

Well, this morning I go in for a consultation with the oral surgeon about my wisdom teeth. Wish me luck.

Have a great day, overs and KEEP WARM!
Old 01-07-2015, 08:29 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Good Morning Friends,
IWILAST - Soon to be Grandpa... wow, very exciting. Let us know when the baby arrives.
I have two grandsons, almost 4 and almost 2. The older ones first words were Papa's beer. He also spilled a glass of it on my laptop while he was sitting with me one day. He also knocked a bottle off the table shattering glass on the patio. I thought about those events. I thought about my own boys taking the school bus home and being embarressed cause the other kids saw my truck in the pub parking lot (again).
I made a decision to sober myself 14 months ago and my main incentive was to attend my grandson's high school graduation and with some healthy living, their weddings. If I continued to drink the way I was, I would be long dead by the time those events happened. I decided if I was to be a great PAPA, the liquor had to go. (along with a red flag on a liver test) I wouldnt be able to teach them to fish, shoot a pellet gun, cut the grass, build a bird house, teach them to love and be kind. I would just be old, cranky, smelly, drunk papa. Thats what they would remember long after I was dead.
My sober date of Nov 12/13 was my daughters 30th bday. A year later, I gave her $100 and a promissory note for one more year of sobriety. She cried for an hour. Those little boys have become one of my great joys in this life. I have patience where the parents don't. I have the time to spend with them, I have the experience to teach, I have the clear head to guide. I have the desire to love them unconditionally for as long as I am still on this earth.
I do believe that they are my Higher Power. SR has been the only support that I have had on this journey. I did not try AA.
Iwillast - I will bet you a big box of Perrier that once this baby is born, you will never drink again.....
Rick
Old 01-07-2015, 08:30 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Do your best

Im with Itchy V i would sue so nothing like that happens again hugs

Hello overs mrs SW isnt well again is now on antibiotics and a special asthma pump as doc think her lungs are enflamed so im looking after her

Sorry im not responding to everyone but hello to everyone

Did you guys hear about what happened in paris ?
Old 01-07-2015, 08:33 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

It's horrible.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:27 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Welcome Rick

Hello everyone
Old 01-07-2015, 12:31 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hi, FG!
Old 01-07-2015, 05:17 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey V Kitty! Backatcha'

Gil,
We'd never heard of it either until we did our year of Alaska tour which included a slow drive up through a lot of the West and parks but then included Alberta and the Banff Provincial Parks among others, then through BC to Dawson Creek, across the AlCan to Tok Alaska and then back to the lower 48, through BC only, via the Cassiar Hwy. We tuned them in one night on TV and were totally taken with the show. Been fans ever since. Lots of NPR out there too. They are like warts, they grew on me!

Toots; Solar panel for a sex machine? But I have a full head of hair growing back from shaving it off in support of family with cancer chemo making theirs fall out. No wonder I was so hot. I thought it was a sunburn the whole time! You are a hoot young lady!

RZ I missed that the first time! Good one LBr!

Holy Moly FBL! Milwaukee Weather - AccuWeather Forecast for WI 53202
Thass some coooold weather! We lived in Germany for 7 years and in Colorado for three, and my 7-18 teen years were in the NY area of Connecticut right next door to Zippy! But rarely that cold. I do remember a Colorado winter cold front that had my Great Dane's paws bleeding, and my breath making icicles hanging on my mustache during necessary walks.

How'd the oral surgeon visit go?

Rick,
I was the oldest of five boys no girls, and had two sons. No problem there. But my grands were all girls and they were all grown up and in their boy phases when we got back here. My spousal unit was one too so she had some fun with them until they discovered boys. My youngest, now 38, and his younger wife, who decided not to have kids are reconsidering. They better hurry! We may see that Grandson yet and have to move up to Denver. Enjoy them! I know they are enjoying you!

Hey SW,
Sorry to hear your better half is feeling poorly. Bet she has some brownie points coming from you for spoiling you when she is well. Take care for her.

Agreed Gil on Paris. At one time I'd be on guard and armed in heightened conditions codes protecting our assets. My watch is over but we have some great folks manning the posts today too.

Hey FG!

Dottie I missed ya above - Hey!

I had a nice lazy night and day. I stayed up way too late ands stayed tucked in bed until noon as my SH had trotted off to her current estate to set up for sale. This retirement is too easy. I am going to have to do some of that four letter word ending in k with her - work. I am getting lazy when it rains or is cold. My ear is great, getting a bit better every week. Hope to be done by the time of my next apt with my ENT man at the end of the month. With all this fluid in my mastoid and sinuses I guess I am full of spit!
Old 01-07-2015, 05:41 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Itchy, to see what all the uproar was about, my husband and I watched a couple of episodes of The Red Green Show on date night. The first one we watched was episode 1, season 1. The sound was bad, so we could hardly make out what they were saying, but the slapstick was funny.

Then I decided to watch an episode from a much later season, so I watched the one where Red and Harold enter a line dancing contest. My husband drifted off--but there were two parts that had me laughing out loud. The first one when the two 50-y-o men were playing soccer with their vehicles; the second time was when Red sucked all the bees into the shop-vac, then--because the Lodge was "environmentally friendly," he picked up the shop vac, swung it around, and pitched it into the lake!
Old 01-07-2015, 05:46 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Overs from a poorly mags, again. But it could be worse.

V , pleased your home from your ordeal, hope your nurse looks after you super well.

Rick congratulations on your future granddad role.

FBL, all the best with your wisdoms.

Keep warm and safe overs.x
Old 01-07-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better soon, Mags!
Old 01-07-2015, 06:05 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks Gil.x
Old 01-07-2015, 09:47 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Mags,
Just getting well myself I know how just not getting well in under a week like normal can wear ya down. I'm sorry you feel badly. Hope you're your whole self soon.

Gil,
Yeah they can be pretty funny and tickle your serious thoughts as well. I know people almost like them. Just more real and not funny at all which is hilarious!
Old 01-07-2015, 10:06 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks Itchy, gonna give work a miss today, feel guilty as anything but I've gotta take care of me. Hope the weathers not too bad your way.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:23 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

hope you can rest up and feel better mags
Old 01-07-2015, 11:10 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Don't feel guilty, feel better!
Old 01-07-2015, 11:47 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Sending healing thoughts to all who need them.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:55 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Mags, look at it this way, if you are contagious no one at your work would thank you for passing it to them, and if your mind is not on your job you make mistakes which someone will have to sort out later.... Unless you are an air traffic controller, in which case....just don't go to work!!!! Please??

Itchy wish I could claim the solar panel as my own but it's an old one!

Rick, one of the reasons behind my quitting was much the same as yours, to be there for my grandson, to experience his life with him, to not embarrass him with my drinking ( though doubtless for many, many other reasons!!) and perhaps, to meet a great grandchild. None of this would have been possible if I had continued down my alcoholic path.

IP how are you doing?

FBL, I just couldn't cope with that kind of cold. It was bad in Boston last January/ February and I was virtually housebound.

Zip, buttons? Not a zip, Zip?

Hiya Andy

Hi Gimer

Hope Mrs Wolfie feels better soon.

Dottie, MB, LBrain, LoBlo, Carlos et al greetings!
Old 01-08-2015, 03:58 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
instant

it's not cold here- we had a few days of 40+C - cool change now though- strung me out a bit- can't sleep well etc

settling into the new year- been a bit cranky of late- trying to get back with the G'tude
Old 01-08-2015, 04:09 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Magsie

Toots, hehe, not an air traffic controller. Lol. Office/workshop bound. They gave me it from work I think.tut.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:16 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

toots

buttons are more comfortable on my ass! lol