Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 8

Old 01-19-2015, 07:46 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

I love a new ride!
I don't enjoy paying for a new ride!
Hope you get many safe miles out of it BrighterDayz.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:29 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Wow BrighterDayz, what a nice treat. I hope you have a good time with it.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:44 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

On my way to my moms house with my daughter. Looking forward to a fun sober afternoon with my crazy family.

Best to all you guys!
Old 01-19-2015, 12:24 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

New car smeeeelllll... Such good stuff! Congrats, BD!

Briar, I love your pics! I could totally eat lemon curd straight out of the jar. And I'm so glad you're feeling more like yourself.

Venus, sometimes it feels like we just can't catch a break! I hope you're feeling better soon.

I'm enjoying the third day of my 3 day weekend at home. My meet up with my old friend last night was SO much fun. We have dinner plans tonight... I've got to admit that I'm feeling a little twitterpated... But remaining cautious and aware in early sobriety. I was open about my decision not to drink and he respects that, only drinking occasionally himself (like a normal person, imagine that). I was soooo nervous right before we met up and wished I could down a glass or two (or 5, honestly) to kill the nerves prior. But I didn't and I was totally fine once we finally met up. I had engaging conversation, felt gorgeous, and remembered every minute of my amazing evening today. What an awesome sober gift!

Be well, friends!
Old 01-19-2015, 01:20 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Hi there Octobers. been a busy weekend with my son's bday party and then a day at the mall yesterday with him, and the big Patriot's game on last night. been away from the computer much of the weekend.

Just catching up and so sorry for your troubles, Briar. I am glad you are back on track. V, I hope you are feeling better too. FAD, sounds like you also had a bday party at your house? Fun times, huh? LOL. We had ten 9-12 yo boys here.

Today has been mostly a lazy day, but had a tutor come to meet my daughter. We will see if she can help her develop some more targeted and useful study strategies.

Husband will be away all week. Not sure how I feel about that and sobriety. Why do I have a little voice that tells me nobody will know if I drink? I never hide it from him if I do drink. Weird, but that is my AV talking to me.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:25 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Hey all! Checking in. Been a busy weekend. I have today off too. My two year old is sick again. Sounds like croup. He's such a trooper though.

I'm feeling pretty darn good these last four days or so. I've laid off the caffeine and processed sugars. I feel like I kinda went crazy there for a while with the sweets. As always right? Im beginning to think that's in my nature. My brain is wired More = Better. So now I'm drinking tea like a bandit! Ah well at least it's hydrating caffeine free blends.

Best to you all today!
Old 01-19-2015, 02:27 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Twitterpated!, that's a good one Conquest. I'm really proud of you....a first date type situation would really be a trigger for me (I think). Enjoy yourself tonight.

Good to see you checking in phoebe. It's been a long time since it was little boys here. Both my daughters have guests over today as usual....I mostly enjoy it though. I've learned to lock the door when I'm getting a shower though....just sayin.

Sorry to hear your son is sick Arbor. I don't miss the runny noses. When your little one arrives, he'll seem so big by comparison. I thought about you today as I used a pole saw to tidy up some of my trees. I don't think I'll be needing a shoulder workout this week.

V, I hope you've overcome the tummy struggles....its a wretched thing to deal with.

And Briar, I hope you are having a great day of serenity with your family.

Well, I've got another hour of daylight and limbs to move.....
Old 01-19-2015, 05:11 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

No joy ~ still feeling terrible here.
Why is it I can recover from surgery without too much whinging, but give me a sick stomach and I'm miserable. Sigh.

Sorry your little one is sick Arbor. And yeah....do you think it's possible that we have an addictive streak? Awesome to hear that you are feeling so good.

And your calm is just lovely from....although I did go to bed last night thinking about getting up at 4.30 am and watching I love Lucy...I was thinking that I would rather be asleep. Just saying...

Glad the party went well phoebe, and hope the tutor works out.
As for your hubby being away this week, we will be here. All week. You can do it. I know you can.

Conquest, my computer brain goes crazy when you post a link like that...I need to know how you do it. I only know how to post this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WadHPTfxrPc&app=desktop

or this

http://youtu.be/WadHPTfxrPc

Please tell me how to do that before my brain explodes!!!!

So happy to hear about your lovely night...and dinner again tonight? I would feel twitterpated too! So, what are you wearing?

Congrats on the new car BD! I admit I am jealous; I cannot even imagine being financial enough to do something like that. So what car did yo buy? What colour? Drive it in good health.

OK...I can't starve myself...have to try to eat something again.
Let us say it did not go well last night.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:17 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

I'm getting worried about you V. Are you keeping liquids down?
Old 01-19-2015, 05:31 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Not to be gross...but I am not throwing up.
Just losing everything...and that includes liquids.
OK, so that was gross. Sorry.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:01 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

We've all been there. It's just the worry of dehydration after this many days. Is it cooler there now?
Old 01-19-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

It hasn't been hot here for days now...poor Dee is getting our share of the heat I think.

I am drinking water. I gave up on the food. Just too painful. I guess I will need some Gatorade or something to help restore electrolytes and muscle function.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:50 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know from my own experiences that 3 days is about the limit of trying to deal with gastric stuff before you need to call in reinforcements.

I really hope you'll see a Dr if you still feel like this tomorrow V - dehydration is serious stuff.

I expect they have those bulk billed come to your door Drs in Melbourne? I used them and they were great.

Just google 'bulk billed drs to your door Melbourne' and you'll get several hits
D
Old 01-19-2015, 07:02 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Hmm...I hear you. I can go to the doc though....I can drive.
I have to go see my surgeon tomorrow anyway, so I will be going to a hospital.
Perhaps someone there can check me out? If not, I can go to my clinic.

Not something we have really talked about in this class thread yet, but looking after my health is still really foreign to me. I tend to NOT go to the doc as often as possible. I really had no idea that gastro could be dangerous if it's more than 3 days..
Old 01-19-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
It hasn't been hot here for days now...poor Dee is getting our share of the heat I think.

I am drinking water. I gave up on the food. Just too painful. I guess I will need some Gatorade or something to help restore electrolytes and muscle function.

Venus, yes, please discuss this with your doctor ASAP. Get well, sweetheart.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:13 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Thank you darling Leigh!
Old 01-19-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

just for the dehydration aspect, V...tho it would be nce to know if it's viral or bacterial too I guess...

I'm sure you'll get help at any kind of clinic

D
Old 01-19-2015, 07:54 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Conquest ~ guess you are home. So, how was it???

(And I am going to pester you about how to post the link the way you do...).

Thank you Dee. ♥♥♥
Old 01-19-2015, 08:10 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  

I hope you feel better soon V. Night nite!
Old 01-19-2015, 08:30 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  
Administrator

Join us for part 9 here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-9-a.html

D