Notices

Class of March 2013 part 36

Old 01-02-2015, 03:03 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

(((Sass)))

So glad you posted! I know everyone says it but this really is a hard time of year and on top of that you have a really big move imminent. I think it would be unusual not to feel "meh."

My AV was pestering today too. I spent the whole morning organizing and cleaning and kept telling myself that I deserved a break after all this work, and you know what I meant by "break." I had plans to take the boys down the street to my friend's house who drinks daily -- she texted asking if I was ready and said she had wine. I cancelled right then and there -- I was too compromised emotionally and seeing the word "wine" on my phone made it all too real. The good news is that it snapped me out of it and I grabbed a bag of chips instead - sigh. See, V, I've been overindulging but it's way way way better than booze!!!!

On another note, on epi 2 of Orange is the New Black -- it's an intriguing story line but still reserving judgment.

Marcher, I'll be watching the tennis along with you but I'll mostly watch replays as most of the matches are played at 2 am here.

Trach - congrats on the new job!!! Great way to start 2015.
Old 01-02-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hmmm.....what tennis is on?

And I would like a video of you staying on that couch for 10 days Marcher....I don't think you could do it. Your legs would be itching to get on the bike, and to go swimming...do you have a pool? Or are you also at the beach?

Well done Duff!
Old 01-02-2015, 03:12 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

The tennis starts today

not a fan LOL

D
Old 01-02-2015, 03:16 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hahaha Dee - I imagine it makes life on your side of the world rather chaotic.
Old 01-02-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

It used to - my family is tennis mad LOL

D
Old 01-02-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Well, I can't find any tennis....maybe it's on cable TV?
Too funny.
Old 01-02-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

V, Marcher can tell you more abut the schedule but the Oz Open starts soon, I think now they're having prequalifying matches.

Toots, how was tea? Amy news to share??
Old 01-02-2015, 06:30 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Well, last night was fun. Got into it with my ex-man by text and just got completely pissed off, upset, and sad. Good times. I’m doing all right today, but still suffering some of the aftereffects. Such a huge waste, it makes me sick. So funny, we never actually broke up. He just disappeared on me, as some of you may recall, then resurfaced in September. For what freaking reason, I do not know. Not to get back together, apparently.

So that’s my news. Such as it is.

Duff, my hat’s off on your very admirable cancellation of your “break.”  It would’ve been so easy to rationalize going and enjoying your “break,” but you didn’t. Well done!

Trachy, that’s great news from you, too. New job is a goal for 2015. It’s about time. God, just please no more marathon interviews like the one in May. I thought I was gonna die in the days leading up to it.

Sassy, sorry about your blues. Our minds have such power to make us miserable with worry and “what ifs” that so seldom come to pass. And I know how daunting moves can be. But I always enjoyed setting up house in a new place. Maybe focusing on nesting will help. Coastal Maine, right? How could that be anything but wonderful.

Shouts out to all the rest of you, too – Babs, Venus, Dee, Ken, dear Toots!, 1day, Marcher, Gilmer. Thanks for being here and being you, all of you.
Old 01-02-2015, 06:36 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Pardon me while I swim till my fingers prune in a big hot tub of poor me.

There ain't enough alcohol out there to pull me out this one so don't worry. Last thing I want to do is drink. I'll kick it old school and just be sad and angry till it passes all on its own. It will.

I found out x not man not friend has a new girlfriend. Blankety blank blank blank ass of jack. I'm pissed off to say the least. Let the roller coaster ride of a broken heart begin. Ugh. I don't want him but it chaps my ass somebody else does.

I kept waiting for him to get his sh*t together so he could realize how lucky he was to have me in the first place. A sick unhealthy selfish attitude I know but still. I was waiting for it. Lol. I sound like I'm in high school. This actually is making me laugh.

So here's my non alcoholic new year 2015 toast...for Meso, V, me and anyone else out there who's heart got stomped on....

Here's to the ones that love us.
Here's to the losers who lost us.
And here's to the lucky bastards who get to meet us.

Happy 2015 everyone!
xoxo
Old 01-02-2015, 06:40 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 360shoes View Post
Here's to the ones that love us.
Here's to the losers who lost us.
And here's to the lucky bastards who get to meet us.
Oh yeah!

And sorry MeSo and shoes....
Although we're not allowed to say sorry in this thread, are we.
So how about that sucks big time....for both of you.
Hope everyone has a better night tonight. No Xs.
We need to not engage....
Old 01-02-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I kept waiting for him to get his sh*t together so he could realize how lucky he was to have me in the first place. A sick unhealthy selfish attitude I know but still.
Not sick, not unhealthy, and damn straight he was lucky.

Too bad he was so stupid.
Old 01-02-2015, 06:56 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Aw, ladies! You still got me! MWAH!
Old 01-02-2015, 06:58 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hang in there Sass---it will get better my thoughts are with you during these long and hard days.
Gilmer that sounds like something I would do. ha ha -I can imagine how bad you felt.
went over to some friends house for a visit tonight and everyone had a cocktail and I was just fine with it.
Gosh that was good feeling.
Hugs to you all
Babs
Old 01-02-2015, 06:59 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Aw, ladies! You still got me! MWAH!
And lucky we are for it, too.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:03 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by MeSoSober View Post
And lucky we are for it, too.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:20 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Babs1234 View Post
went over to some friends house for a visit tonight and everyone had a cocktail and I was just fine with it.
Gosh that was good feeling.
That's a beautiful thing there, Babsy!
Old 01-02-2015, 07:56 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

thanks meso--I love your support.
Babs
Old 01-02-2015, 10:24 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Duffster View Post
Marcher, I'll be watching the tennis along with you but I'll mostly watch replays as most of the matches are played at 2 am here.
Really Duff? Do you know the same thing happens here every August -- you lot play tennis at 2am in New York.

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Hmmm.....what tennis is on?

to go swimming...do you have a pool? Or are you also at the beach?
My mistake V, it doesn't start until tomorrow and is not televised until Monday. Dee you get a reprieve!

We once had a pool but we built over the top of it was more trouble than it was worth. The beach is 10 minutes walk away.

I found out x not man not friend has a new girlfriend.
Shoes the man has no idea, I'm absolutely certain she is not as funny, pretty or all-round-great as you -- in fact she can't be because it's not possible.
Old 01-03-2015, 01:58 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Ladies, good riddance to bad rubbish! If they lacked the basic good judgment to keep you, then they are obviously sub-par and not worthy of you. Clowns! You all can do much better!
Old 01-03-2015, 02:01 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Yup Shoes, I agree with Marcher, you were just too much woman for that feeb! The guy who eventually lands you will count his blessings!

Mesoso, sounds like he just wants things his way, if it doesn't suit you, tell him to get to buggery, and begin looking for better friends.

V, nothing wrong with being sorry for what someone else is going through the only apology we don't allow here is a personal one. You can say anything here, as long as you don't apologise for your honesty and trust!

Sass, so glad you spoke up. Exercise is always a good start when we are feeling down, do you have any neighbours who would like a dog walked occasionally? Or even a nearby kennel? I nearly advertised my services on Craig's list I mossed Molly so much!!

Also eat healthy. I know this time of year we stuff ourselves with junk and comfort food, but I truly believe that the more refined food we eat. The more it affects us mentally and physically. (I feel so sluggish at the moment, I can't wait for hubby to get back to work and I can get back to my salads! ) are you still attending all your meetings?
When I have concerns about a path I am taking, I follow it mentally. Let's just say you move and hate it, are you truly stuck there for life? No you could always move again, there are always options. They may not be simple or straightforward, but just recognising that if things didn't work out (and I know that they will, this is just last minute nerves and nothing else) you are in control of your own destiny.

Trachy way to go on the new gravy! And the job! good grief at this rate you will be CEO and offering jobs to us all!

Tennis I can take or leave, tried to play, was rubbish. Used to watch Wimbledon with my nan on TV. Her eyesight was so bad she couldn't see the ball but enjoyed it nonetheless. I went to Wimbledon a few times as a youngster in the McEnroe/ Connor days. Swooned over Pat Cash!

Hugs and kisses all round. I am so priveleged to have such wonderful friendships. Xx