Notices

Class of March 2013 part 36

Old 01-01-2015, 05:36 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hi All,

Lazy day today, caught up on many DVR'd shows, quiet night last night as it seems the neighbor that had the fireworks blew them all of on Christmas, so no loud banging driving Max and Jez nuts last night.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:59 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Ken, btw, how are Max and Jez doing? Are they getting along? Is Jez still finding a way to escape?
Old 01-01-2015, 07:02 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Sass, I think I found her latest escape route, a weak spot where the neighbors tree stump is messing up the fence. I loaded a bunch of cement blocks along that area and she hasn't escaped since.

They are both doing well, even up to the point of sleeping on the patio next to each other. ( Max still swats her when he thinks someone is watching)
Old 01-01-2015, 07:50 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Awww, sounds like they are best buds 😊
Old 01-02-2015, 03:12 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Be a Fig, I like it though I did think Newtons law of motion was two fig related aspects!!!

Bimini you are a Marcher, end of!

Gilmer how could we pass up the opportunity to adopt a cigar toting hebrew spouting cinnamon gravy concocting, tin exploding wonder such as yourself? Let's face it, that's pretty normal behaviour for a Marcher!!!!

Happy New Year my dears. It's all over bar the shouting for another 12 month. I have to heave my leaden carcass out of bed and take Molly for a run then I am going to strip the house of Christmas decs. We have been invited out for tea by our daughter, all very civilised! ( omg I hope she isn't away to drop a bomb on us - feed us, get hubby merry and ensure witnesses....... Hmmm do I plan for a wedding or another grandchild???? Yeesh now I have all day to think! ( it's probably nothing more than tea out but my brain goes into overdrive!!)

My resolution, similar to you Mesoso I guess 'completion' I did finish what I started on writing and publishing my first book, but I have plenty of other stories inside me so I want to get them down. Though even as I write this I am away to change my word Routine. I need to get into a specific routine, then I seem to find time and energy to do everything I want to.

Post is a good one for you 1day, by posting and reading here you will get plenty of support and a few ideas

Budd I'm glad Jez has stopped trying to escape, and I love that Max only shows grumpy when he is being observed!

Loves to you all I have to heave carcass now or I won't move at all!
Old 01-02-2015, 07:21 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

hi Marchers---Just popping in to say hi !!~!~ Going through the phase of waking up early and not being able to go back to sleep.grrrrr----one thing good about it I can take a nap if needed. I did get up and started reading a new book. so, that helps. Have a great day everyone----hey North---we are suppose to get some snow tomorrow---ugh.
Babs
Old 01-02-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Haha,,, yesterday I had a word alright, not printable here though.

I was at Seraphina's house which is on the other side of the Denver metro area. Forecast was for a couple of inches of afternoon snow... no big deal.

Wrong! We went out for our traditional New Year's Day lunch and then I volunteered to babysit while daughter and hubby went to catch a movie. It began to snow a lot. By the time I left to drive home, over protestations from my daughter, about 4 inches had fallen.

No snow plows out, it was more like 5 1/2 inches and I used my "special word" many times while driving. I have retired that word for the rest of 2015.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:13 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Old 01-02-2015, 11:00 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi Marchers,

For some reason I've been feeling "meh" for the past week or so. It's been slowly getting worse. Yesterday I had more drinking thoughts than usual though I don't *think* I was at great risk of relapse. Nonetheless, it bothers me. Now that the reality of the big move is coming into focus, I'm having loads of mischief thoughts - like, what if I hate it! I think I may be a bit depressed. Holidays often have that effect as do big changes in my life. I'm having that classic lethargy and difficulty getting moving, difficulty making decisions. I felt I need to put it out there. I'm trying to avoid putting a good face on everything while hurting inside.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I know what you "meh", Sass. This time of year can be rough. The holidays are over, the weather usually stinks, short hours at work...I've not been depressed(thanks, Doc) but, I certainly wasn't going out in the yard and jumping for joy.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:56 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

(((Sass))) ♥♥

I think that the change is scary. Even though you are looking forward to it Sass.
I was lying in bed last night thinking about how I have sabotaged myself with food over the past 2 weeks. I think I was so afraid of upcoming changes that I hid a little. And I feel that drinking thoughts are along similar lines for you at this point...if we get drunk, we don't have to face anything perhaps? But we both know it's not what we want. But that doesn't stop the AV from going off.

And cinamon gravy Gil? What did I miss there....
Old 01-02-2015, 01:16 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

On the brighter side of my day: I traded the non-job of the awning factory for a job in a mascot factory. International Mascot Corporation. An actual growing business with massive amounts of work to be done. The owner said he wanted me in there whatever he had to do. He actually called New Year's Day to schedule an interview. We worked out a deal where I get paid a rate that doesn't upset everybody else plus a side deal where he pays me a monthly retainer for mechanic services. And all the overtime I want to work which will basically be gravy. Happy New Year!
Old 01-02-2015, 01:17 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Good morning, V!

I made a roast one night and was making the gravy on the stove. Needed pepper, so I grabbed the big red and white can from the cabinet and gave a couple of really vigorous sprinkles before I noticed that the substance was brown, not black. I looked at the box, and it said "cinnamon!" I didn't even realize I had any cinnamon in that kind of box! I immediately threw it away (it must've been ancient, anyway).

I tried to spoon out as much cinnamon as I could, but i ended up just pushing it farther in. I hoped it would add an Indian-like flavor and be different but passable.

It wasn't. Cinnamon in beef gravy is pretty awful! My family definitely let their displeasure be known, loud and clear!
Old 01-02-2015, 01:19 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Awesome news trach! Congratulations.

And that is SO FUNNY Gilmer!!!
Old 01-02-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I'm sorry, I stepped on your post, Trach! That's great about the new job, and especially that the boss is really enthusiastic about you!
Old 01-02-2015, 01:32 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Trachy, congrats on the new job!

Gilmer, cinnamon gravy does sound rather awful!

V and Trachy, thanks for the support. I've had depression issues for as long as I can remember. It's been pretty good for awhile but when I get stressed it does tend to come back. I'm trying to push myself to get regular exercise. If I could walk the cat that would help but that wouldn't work too well, lol! I got a Gear Fit yesterday to help motivate me to move more. I still need to set it up and figure out how to use it.
Old 01-02-2015, 02:05 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
I'm sorry, I stepped on your post, Trach!
I don't see any bootprints.
Old 01-02-2015, 02:43 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
And all the overtime I want to work which will basically be gravy.
Would that be cinnamon gravy Trach?
Old 01-02-2015, 02:46 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
Would that be cinnamon gravy Trach?
Gawd, I hope not!
Old 01-02-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers Congrats Trach, wtg Babs even if you are waking early. Sass I am so glad that you mentioned those thoughts, keep talking to us about those feelings.

V don't be too hard on yourself about a bit of over eating, I think it's a symptom of our illness that we tend to be "all or nothing" (I know I can be) about our actions. Normal eating and a bit more walking will have you back at the weight you want to be at in no time.

The tennis starts today so between that and the cricket it's entirely possible that I won't move for the next ten days.

Have a good one peeps.