Notices

Class of March 2013 part 36

Old 01-14-2015, 02:37 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers I have just discovered another joy of sobriety -- getting up in the morning after only five hours sleep and feeling okayish. The forum I work at crashed last night so I had to run all the maintenance which is software operated but time consuming. In the old days I would have downed a bottle this morning I am well hydrated from a bottle of good mineral water and I have two inches of knitting I wouldn't have had without the crash!

Which is not fixed yet. Sigh.

Wehav it's good to hear that your holiday went so well, the fourth one sober is a real achievement. MeSo how are things going?

Have a good day peeps.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:19 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Marcher, you are a wonderful example for me as I am feeling a good deal of stress. I'm doing lots of deep breathing and various other things to try to keep stress levels down. I remind myself as needed that alcohol could only make things worse!
Old 01-14-2015, 07:34 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

What's up Sass? You okay?
I'm going to close my eyes and focus and send good mojo your way. Ready? Here it comes...
((Hug))
Old 01-14-2015, 08:23 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Thanks, Shoes! Gratefully accepted. Move in 1 and 1/2 weeks. Scary with a whole new lifestyle. It's also a reminder of my mortality. Actually a huge change. I don't have much to do other than some odds and ends but my anxiety has been going full blast. Doing much deep breathing and Ommmmmm. Focusing on no alcohol. Not too difficult but that was my escape from anxiety. Didn't work well, though and so definitely not worth the effects and after effects.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:26 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you'll find, like I did, that it's a good change sas

D
Old 01-14-2015, 08:28 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee. I think it will be once I calm down :-)
Old 01-14-2015, 11:23 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

(((Sass))) ♥

Absolutely, it will be wonderful. I just know it.
And I think anxiety before a move, a life-change is pretty normal.
Just know that we love you and will be with you every step.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:19 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Sass it will be great, truly. You've wondered about every step of this journey and now you are almost there -- I have always "had a feeling" this is going to be right and good for you. Check into SR often during these halfway days, PM if it helps -- I am always here for you as are so many others.

I am so damn grateful that our Forum is back up and running. It took me 23 hours of doing the normal routines with software on the forum end, then at the host site I found one database was corrupted, with a clear head I ran the automated host software (scary as hell) and now we are back!

Go me.
Old 01-15-2015, 03:43 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Go Marcher!

Pssst, guys! Let go find Marcher's forum and crash the gates!
Old 01-15-2015, 03:46 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

(((Sass))) You will be settled in no time and then can sit back and enjoy this much deserved reward. Just surf through this coming week's anxiety and know that you soon will be where you are supposed to be. And lean on us.

Marcher - key words: "with a clear head". Good going!!

Sober is the new black! Only Shoes could come up with such a perfect slogan unfortunately my friend thinks she can moderate and is giving that a try but as we all know it's part of the process - I'll still be here when she realizes that's not possible.
Old 01-15-2015, 03:55 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Hmm Duff. Glad you are there for your friend. ♥
I know there are 'problem drinkers' who can moderate, but I know there are plenty of us who can't. I hope your friend will be alright.

Go you Marcher! Sounds like you know what you are doing...clear head indeed. Well done!
Old 01-15-2015, 04:09 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Wow, Marcher! The many sober months are showing a big payoff!

Duff, good for you for letting your friend make her own decisions. That takes real restraint. I know I always want to help when bad things happen to good people but sometimes the best thing to do is to provide a helping hand when needed.

Thanks to all of the Marchers and, of course, Dee (who really is a Marcher, too!) for your support as I go through this major life change. Afterwards I'll probably wonder why I got so stressed out . It helps to have you here as I work my way through this. I am determined to get through this sober. That will be a big one for me.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:26 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

(((Sass)))

May this next week and a half speed by!
Old 01-15-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

hugs to you Sass
I have lost my access to my smiley faces only get the first five-
does anyone know how to get them back? thanks
doing well, that darn old AV has been around but, so far kicking him
to the curb.
Babs----hugs everyone
Old 01-15-2015, 09:23 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

It's the thought that counts, Babs :-)
Old 01-15-2015, 12:09 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi guys,
Been busy th last few days between work and getting both cars to and from the garage and getting into the flow of writing book 2. It is very different and has taken me a while to 'hear' the voices of my characters, but am beginning to get to know them now. I am currently lying on the sofa with Molly twitching in dreamland beside her, the wind is still howling around us, giving me a headache. Feels like it has been relentless for days and is due to go one for a few days yet.

Sass, just take one day at a time for the moment, you are all planned so nothing to worry about so look after your kitty, keep her calm, your anxiety will transfer to her, and think of a few treats you can arrange for yourself before you leave your current place.

Wehav, it is sad that you can't talk to your dad about your relationship, at least you are able to let go the hurt of it. Some people cannot open their minds far enough to see that love is love is love, and there can never be too much of it in this world. That is his issue and not something you can change. All you can change is how you allow it to make you feel. In his heart, he wants you happy, I am sure.

Marcher I wish I could do a catch up for Dee, but I can't remember how far back it was he last read!
How frustrating for you for your forum to crash, but how amazing of you to get it all back up and running. I am filled with admiration at how much you do in your life, I am extremely lazy by comparison!

Well folks I have a few things to do before I can get off to bed
Hugs Marchers xx
Old 01-15-2015, 02:55 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Yes, Toots! Good advice. I've plugged in a diffuser that puts out feline pheromones which are supposed to keep kitties calmer. The effects are subtle but noticeable. She is more relaxed :-). I'm definitely on the one-day-at-a-time program. It's about the best way to go. It doesn't eliminate stresses but it does help.

I find I'm needing to use my tool box to avoid alcohol more often but haven't so far felt any really strong temptation. 1 week and 4 days to go. My to do list is gradually growing shorter.
Old 01-15-2015, 03:19 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Administrator

try logging out and then logging back in Babs. If that doesn't work see if you can access this link:

Smilie List - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
D
Old 01-15-2015, 03:30 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

I forgot to say love and hello to wehav. Missed you a lot love. I saw one of those photos of the tall kidlets; what I noticed most was how happy and relaxed you looked.

I think that there are some things we cannot discuss with our parents, no matter how old we are. I think that's OK...as long as there is someone else we can talk to who is caring and who understands. Your 'almost mother-in-law' sounds lovely wehav. I'm glad she is there for you.

Teensy bit overwhelmed today...school starts way earlier than I thought.

toots...good luck with the writing.

Babs ~ tell the AV to take a hike.

Sass ~ we need a human version of that diffuser to calm ourselves down.
You are going to be OK love. So am I. I think.....

Love to all of the Marchers,

V xx
Old 01-15-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Yeah, V--I could have really used a human diffuser today! Not my best day by a long shot. I was astonishingly insensitive to my dad when he wanted to discuss the brevity of his remaining life. Then I found out while right at the drugstore that my dad's policy had expired (I thought I had reduced it, not eliminated it). On the phone for an hour--and they will have to review my phone tapes and determine whether what I said matches what I think I said. I should know by this time next week.

Now I am expecting my church community group to come over for a meeting. I am definitely not in the mood! But I have repeatedly found in life that the occasions I dread most often end up blessing me tremendously. I hope and pray that that's the case tonight! I could use a boost!