Old 04-05-2015, 09:27 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Happy Easter to those who celebrate!
Old 04-05-2015, 09:53 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  
p***enger

Happy easter, all you rabbits!

My son loved this book. I must have read it a thousand times.
Old 04-05-2015, 03:08 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyone is having a good day

D
Old 04-06-2015, 05:58 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
p***enger

Congratulations on your 8 years, Dee. Thanks for stopping by!
Old 04-10-2015, 01:02 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Hello all, remember me? Rest assured that I have been checking in to SR, just haven't sat down to post anything. Life is life, normal ups and downs. Settled in to the job fairly well. learning to interact with the inmates has been an eye opener, to be "fair, firm and consistent" is easier said than done. I do not look into why they are incarcerated, I have to treat everyone, from jaywalkers to murderers, to pedophiles the same, so the less I think about why they are there the easier. They are in jail being punished, not to be punished.
Husband and I have joined a gym! I realized that I had to do something, so I took the leap, paid the money and jumped into the deep end so to speak. I want to go to a yoga class but have not been able to connect yet, and watching video's isn't my thing. Loosing weight has been difficult, seems like I gained after joining, and that all my work outs have gone the wrong way, but I need to persevere and all should work out. This has also developed an issue with me in regards to my husband. He was all gung ho about getting in shape, and I thought we were on the same page, but that seems to have changed after the first two weeks. He hasn't gone to work out, nor really changed his eating habits, the other day our neighbors brought us two Easter dinner plates of food, I was at work, so husband not only ate both plates ( he said they were small) but also had what he was making for his dinner anyway. It pissed me off, its like he is not even trying, I am trying not to judge or pressure him to getting healthy, but glaring at him when he goes back for thirds isn't doing the trick and not something I should be doing anyway. He needs to make his own path to health.
Anyhow, I am still here and fighting the sober fight, hope all is well with everyone!
Old 04-10-2015, 02:24 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Taz

D
Old 04-10-2015, 04:25 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
p***enger

Taz, I admire you for learning to treat the prisoners without bias. I'm not sure I'd be able to. That phrase "They are in jail being punished, not to be punished" really makes sense. As for the exercise thing, I love that you're taking care of yourself! I'm sure you'll start feeling all kinds of benefits -- ask Tam!

Like you, I'm around SR but not posting as much -- I'm not sure lately how to post to people who need support, I just feel like saying "wake up"! So I'm not posting except in a few places. I have a big deadline on Tuesday and then flying to Chicago for the most dreaded conference of the year, but I've done it sober now twice and I can do it again

I'm glad you posted, Taz!
Old 04-12-2015, 01:18 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

Hi Taz - good to hear from you. I'm glad your new job is going well and also love your attitude re prisoners.

I've not been around as much. started work and was very busy last weekend up there.

Congratulations on 8 years Dee Thanks for all you do for us all on here.

We are mid school hols here as they get 2 weeks. Tomorrow I am taking jr RAL away for 5 days to an adventure park. Oh that sort of thing I've tried to avoid all my life, full of children but now I am giving in tbh I'm quite looking forward to it. We are doing archery, golf, bowling, roller skating and plenty of swimming/playing. There is also a fabulous spa which I will be trying out when jr RAL is in the children's adventure club one morning.

Hope you are all well. I do think of you often even if I 'm not posting.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:02 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks RAL

D
Old 04-14-2015, 04:09 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi folks -- checking in. Pretty quiet around here!

I turned in a grant proposal today -- pressed "submit" and had immediate regrets, but resisted the temptation to pull it back. I only had 20 minutes before the deadline to make any change, and what if it hadn't gone through again because of some technical jam? Best just to let it lie. The last 24 hours were a little stressful. I thought about drinking after it was done, but really just thought that I didn't care to.

I hope everyone is well. I'm off to Chicago in a couple of days. Just trying to stay on an even keel.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:34 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have good trip Courage, Reach out if you need us

D
Old 04-14-2015, 06:41 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
p***enger

You know I will -- thanks, Dee.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:39 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

HEY EVERYONE!! GUESS WHAT??? Its Saturday and the sun is shining and birds are singing.

That is all,,, carry on.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:46 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Hi all
just checking in to say hi. how was chicago courage? are you still there?
Tam-how are things at work? hope you are well.
Taz-good to see you back

I was away last week and had a very emotional and upsetting weekend with ex Mr Ral and stuff. Tuesday felt like a new start and good positive future ahead. Some financial issues today which hopefully I will be able to sort out.

The icing on the cake - new Mr Ral (is it bad to call him that? ) said to me "I love you so very very much and want to spend the rest of my life with you" I cried. I really am so happy. Old & new mr ral met up for 1st time since last year and shook hands.

I will check in soon and write a longer post but hope you are all well.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:01 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad things are going well again RAL

hiya Taz, Gonzo

D
Old 04-23-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee.

Hi Gonzo -how are you? Napster- hope things are going well for you too. Fallow, Marria & Alice too. Sorry if I've forgotten anyone. oh I can't sleep. why is it when you've had a busy day and are sure you'll sleep really well you just don't!

Today I am going........................lobster fishing. Don't laugh A first for me. We shall see what the day brings
Old 04-23-2015, 06:12 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Administrator

Don't laugh

enjoy!

D
Old 04-24-2015, 04:58 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post

The icing on the cake - new Mr Ral (is it bad to call him that? ) said to me "I love you so very very much and want to spend the rest of my life with you" I cried. I really am so happy. Old & new mr ral met up for 1st time since last year and shook hands.
That's wonderful, Ready. I hope things continue to look better for you. You're due some wonderful, sunny times.

I got back from Chicago safely. I have 4 months left of my sabbatical and in that time I need to complete the process of setting in place structures and supports and plans that will set me up for the next 5-10 years. I won't get another chance like this again. So I'm doing some kinds of bargaining that are very new to me. I hope I'm doing ok at it.

Probably making some enemies along the way, something I've always tried at all costs to avoid.

I hope we're all still friends here.
Old 04-25-2015, 12:24 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Thank you Courage. Let's hope the future is brighter. I'm glad your trip went well. It's amazing you only have 4 months left- the year has flown by hasn't it!
Old 04-28-2015, 06:06 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Hi all! Can't believe I haven't posted in so long! Nothing bad here, still sober, still plugging along at work (and looking for a job), my partner has an interview tomorrow. Still doing the fitness studio stuff, still not losing a lot of weight. Partner is still taking photos!!! And trying to structure packages with prices.

How is everyone? Courage, that sabbatical ending in 4 months happened quickly! Time flies!!

RAL, glad to hear all is well and on the love front well how is Sam?

Dee, Alice, gonzo, napster, hope you all are well!