Class of December 2012 - Part 13

Old 02-10-2015, 02:46 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go RAL

D
Old 02-11-2015, 02:58 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Hi guys! Goodness it's been a while. My internet at home stopped working in November, and I've only just got it back online tonight.

How has everyone been?

My time since my last post has had positives and negatives. I'll touch on the positives quickly - we went to Japan, which was wonderful, I became engaged (also wonderful), and even bought a new car (after my last one kept trying to kill me).

Sadly the negatives have included relapsing, often, and heavily. It all started at the office Christmas party, back in December, and I knew straight away that time had changed nothing, and my drinking was just as bad as before, though the hangovers were astounding without that built up tolerance!

Anyway, I had a pattern of a few days without, then several day-long binges, then enough days without to forget how awful it all was and start again, etc. I'm currently on day 4 (of sobriety, not a binge!) :/ I got up to just shy of 2 years, but the last 3 months have been a lot of back and forth.

The good part, I guess, is that I've been able to identify that it's an issue, and I feel ready/strong enough to stop. Again *sigh*. The bad part is, that while it wasn't as much or as consistent drinking as pre-December 2012 (there have been regular 3-4 day 'breaks' this time), it was enough for me to develop the cravings again, and to get some of the anxiety-related withdrawal issues (feeling scared for no reason, for example). Coming home from work tonight I was disappointed that I wouldn't be drinking. But that's what cravings are for me, and I know that.

So, I guess my plans to avoid a reoccurrence is to start logging on here a lot more often and to take it one day at a time. If I find I'm struggling too much, and getting too close to giving up again, I will arrange to start seeing my psychologist again. Which would be awful to go back, tail between the legs, but I won't let my pride potentially rob me of any more of my life.

I don't know if it's connected, but my next cancer check-up will be next month, which should be the 'final' one. An all clear will mean "cured".

Sorry I have been gone so long I thought of you all often but the combo of no internet, paranoia (I don't log in on my phone in case someone accidentally sees it), and shame from the relapses has kept me away.

PS - My foot problems (the planter fasciitis, spur, and torn Achilles) are going to be treated with an injection Friday, and so I'll have someone in the house from tomorrow and over the weekend to look after me/do my walking for me, so I may not be able to be back here until Monday.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:21 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to have you back AliceTW

D
Old 02-11-2015, 06:29 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
p***enger

Alice, it's good to see you! I encourage you to keep posting regularly -- in this group and/or other places. It's done me a world of good. I understand what you say about developing cravings again -- it's much harder to stop again than it is to stay stopped.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:41 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Welcome back Alice. It's good to have you back. congratulations on your engagement and I hope your check up comes back all clear. Coming back here is a great start for getting and staying sober again. you've done it before and can do it again
Old 02-11-2015, 08:41 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Hi all!! I didn't realize I had been gone so long, eesh! Combination long work days, got the flu and my schedule is wayyyy off because of the aforementioned lame excuses. Lol

Those jokes are bad. Real bad. But I have bad too! My son's favorite, what do you call a cow with no legs?

Alice!!!! You have been missed!! Don't be so paranoid! No one is reading over your shoulder! Just log on in... Everyone else is too busy looking at their own phones! Myself included. Glad you're back and please keep posting here!

RAL how did the interview go?

Courage? How are you? How does it feel to be mature in sobriety?

Taz and Napster and Dee, what's shaking?

I'm off to bed. Long day tomorrow. Have a good one everyone!
Old 02-11-2015, 08:47 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  
Administrator

All good here Tam
D
Old 02-11-2015, 09:04 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by Tamerua View Post
what do you call a cow with no legs?
I don't know, what do you call a cow with no legs?

(the mental image is weird enough already)
Old 02-11-2015, 11:39 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

was just going to ask the same thing. oh I love jokes. We live on a farm too so all cow jokes are especially fun

Job interview went well thanks Tam. It was more like a casual chat and I start in March - wee hee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:16 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Ground beef! ba dum ching!!!

Congrats RAL! that's great!
Old 02-12-2015, 04:04 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Very funny Tam

what do you call a cat that has 8 legs and swims?
Old 02-12-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

An octopuss.................!!!
Old 02-12-2015, 05:42 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  
p***enger

Ground beef made me LOL. Before coffee.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:59 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

I like that one!

I tried to shake down my son for some of these jokes, he used to tell them and I would post them on facebook and usually be told that I should be ashamed of myself for publishing such badness. Lol and we would laugh at the comments. But he couldn't remember any off the top of his head. He did like this one when he was really young though.

How do you make a tissue dance?

Put a little boogie in it.

I kno, I know... A cheap laugh.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:29 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Hi All, looks like that big deal is very nearly in the bag, no finger nails left but plugs still in.

Turbo went on the van a few weeks ago instead of putting my head in the sand and leaving it to rot on the driveway I've bought another turbo off eBay and me and a friend are going to have a crack at fitting it tomorrow morning. £500 garage bill down to £69 DIY job, fingers crossed

Loving the jokes

Can't believe I can't think of any!!!!
Old 02-13-2015, 07:58 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

What do you call an alligator in a vest?

An investigator.

Oh jeez. That's it. It has been unleashed!

Napster, I'm impressed with the handy dandy skills! Want to come over? We have house stuff we are doing.

How is everyone? Going to bed here momentarily . Have a good night
Old 02-14-2015, 08:51 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Turbo on, all good
Old 02-14-2015, 10:48 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Great job Napster

Where do cows go on a night out?
Old 02-14-2015, 10:50 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

The Moo-vies

Oh I'm loving this. Silly jokes on a Saturday night sure beats drinking Am away at the moment with family so they will all be drinking later. I will be telling silly jokes eating Ben & Jerrys. 500ml tubs reduced from £5.54 to £1.31.£1.31!! - I had to restrain myself from buying 5!!!
Old 02-14-2015, 10:57 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  
p***enger

What's the difference between a Greyhound terminal and a large-breasted lobster?