Notices

Class of November 2014 Part 5

Old 12-21-2014, 02:35 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

I'm right there with you ubntubnt, I was never able to connect my anxiety and depression with drinking. It was charming and made me think it was helping me not the cause of my mental confusion.

Now that I am off the booze, it is still trying to convince me that drinking will take me off this emotional roller coaster I am on right now. But I know better, going back now would only lead to more misery.

I must say that I have been feeling very under the weather in the last week. I've been very fatigued, headaches, and some anxiety. It sounds like paws to me, as I am at day 44 today.

Anyone else have similar experience?
Old 12-21-2014, 02:51 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Thanks for the warm welome everyone! Glad you got past the AV and have a good time in Orlando, he19me.
Old 12-21-2014, 03:03 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

danejah01, welcome! I experience anxiety when I drink, too (usually the day after). I never thought drinking was actually causing it!
Old 12-21-2014, 03:12 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Catching up.

Topend, I am so sorry to hear of the horrible reaction you had to that med! It sounds awful. I had a very bad reaction to Prozac several years ago. It was terrifying!

I hope you are doing better now.
Old 12-21-2014, 03:13 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dallow. After what I went through the last 2 months the AV will have to be pretty hardcore to try and bring me back.

The next big challenge wil be helping my wife through this. I decided to quit on my own just for my health. Niether one of us knew about withdrawls like this. She's quitting after the holidays. I'm happy she is, but I also feel sorry for what she's about to go through.
Old 12-21-2014, 03:48 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by danejah01 View Post
Thanks, Dallow. After what I went through the last 2 months the AV will have to be pretty hardcore to try and bring me back.

The next big challenge wil be helping my wife through this. I decided to quit on my own just for my health. Niether one of us knew about withdrawls like this. She's quitting after the holidays. I'm happy she is, but I also feel sorry for what she's about to go through.
You will have to be careful, when she or others will be drinking around you. I had to make my wife understand what I was going through and for most of the time understands my situation. She has been kind enough to not drink around me. If she feels like, she will do it without me noticing it and that helps curb my AV. Wish you and her the best. Everyone here have been an inspiration and a great support.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:32 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Hi all, checking in. Didn't do anything special today, but felt fine and had no cravings. The day went by pretty fast.

I'm glad that we have nothing but longer days to look forward to for the next six months--that is, those of us on the north side of the equator.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:35 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

At least, you and your wife will be on the same page.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:05 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Isn't it amazing how you can see people differently when you are sober for a little while, 5 weeks in my case. When drunk or hungover we are so self absorbed and anxious that we miss many of the personality cues and quirks of others. I have started to understand people close to me much more than when I was drinking. A tiny example, when I argued with my wife in the past, the next day I always assumed I was in the wrong and attributed it to my drinking. I usually skulked or apologized. Now I realise that I wasn't and that I just could not see through the alcoholic haze. I have a much more soft, sensitive snd insightful approach to people now rather than the sledgehammer of drunk-hangover and it's been a really nice unexpected surprise. Now i can argue with confidence and tact, YEAH, lol.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:07 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Well, if there's one thing the AV is its hardcore. Stay vigilant always!
Old 12-21-2014, 10:21 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Tough for me tonight. Surrounded by drinkers at parties and alcohol still in the house. There was a 52 day old open bottle of Chardonnay still in the fridge. I sniffed it. I was tempted. Luckily it smelled like it had turned and that turned me off. Close call! 51 days sober today. No more parties. I really feel for everyone else posting too. It's so tricky how the "why not?" Voice suddenly sounds so reasonable. I really didn't want to break my record so at least my pride saved me tonight. Night all.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:34 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

No more parties sounds good 11stars.
Don't be afraid to dump the rest of the booze either.

D
Old 12-21-2014, 10:34 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Administrator

Old 12-21-2014, 10:39 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Administrator

time for a new thread guys:

please join us here
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-6-a.html

D