Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 17

Old 01-03-2015, 11:17 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Hi all,

UP, I don't know if this thought might help, but I'll mention it just in case:

If we start to focus more on our good qualities, then our perception of ourselves starts to change, with that, our expectations of ourselves change, then we find our behaviour changes, then people around us see our good side, which makes us focus more on the good bits ...... and so we grow. It's just a theory, and takes a bit of work, but it's better than beating up on ourselves constantly.

Be gentle with yourself.

I hope today is a better one for you.

We're looking after my nephews cat again (just for a week this time). He's a sweet little fellow, but very mischievous. I'll be glad to get the house back when he leaves us next Monday.

I'm off to see my Mum and dad today, it seems to have turned in to a Sunday ritual. I can take my Mum to her church, which she is still able to enjoy. She gets a bit confused trying to follow the service, and isn't sure about walking up for communion, but that's all ok. We manage between us. Her Alzheimer's seems to have more impact on my Dad really, but he copes fairly well at the moment.

Im just so happy I'm sober, and can help support them through this time. If I was drinking, I'd be focusing on all of the negatives in this situation, and missing all of the positives.

Have a good day all.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:20 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I'm sorry for bringing the class down.

I wish I the people that I've driven away would just tell me how they feel about me. I hate not knowing the most.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:25 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hope you have a good day with your parents free.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:52 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Your not bringing anyone down....UP that's why we call you UP! You should express how your feeling & this is a great place to share them.

Very late, exhausted & calling it a day. Night/Goodmorning All
Old 01-03-2015, 11:57 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was hoping that things had changed but it seems that I'm still the toxic person I always was.
I don't think that's true. Your loved ones are making these decisions presumably because they mistakenly believe nothing's changed. We all know better

Like I;ve said before, I believe the truth will always out. Our part in that is to continue to do the right things and try and be patient

D
Old 01-04-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hi everyone.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:06 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Hiya,

UP, it's good to let go of these unhelpful thoughts, and this is definitely the place to do it. All of your posts are incredibly valuable to the rest of the team, and we're all in your corner as you are in each of ours. Together we'll keep moving forward, to a better future.

Sweet dreams Mariah.

This little cat seems to have settled in well, I love watching him sleep, it's so relaxing to see his paws twitching like he's trying to run in his dreams. I had originally thought that we'd keep him out of our bedroom, but I think I'll leave the door open for him tonight in case he feels neglected
Old 01-04-2015, 10:16 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Freein,

You're such a softie with that little kittie ,...he'll be sleeping at the end of the bed by tomorrow

Dang, ...that's a lot of repairs to handle !?
Thankfully the built-in windfall of no cash burn on wine the last 200 and something days, ...esp. over the Holidays will help. Y'all be careful up on that chimney,.... tie off if ya can !

Had a good start with a 34 mile ride on New Years day, but it took until this morning to recover, ....just got back from 10,... and probably need a nap before work tonight.

It may seem inconsequential, but was finally able to get an upright vacuum cleaner operable yesterday. It's only been sitting around 7 years !?? Only have one room with carpet, but have neglected vacuuming regularly with the Shop-Vac,....

The upside was rummaging around looking for the bottom plate for that upright, and realizing I can get rid of all the extra junk around here easy enough. Before it seemed like a bigger deal than it seemed to me yesterday,.....
More motivated , for some reason ,....something about spending nearly an hour looking for that part, and finding it at last !?! ,,,,...just before I was about to give up on it actually.
Was dreading having to search for a replacement piece online too ?

Have a scheduling issue to get sorted out at work this year, ...I'm sure they'll manage one way or the other to find someone to cover my shift on vacation days, ...as the folks who work my shift on other days seem pretty inflexible the last two years.

Still living pain free having nixed wheat months ago, ....I swear it's still hard to believe the solution was right in front of me all along. Kind of like nixing booze , in a way.,,,..for years, ...the solution was practically smacking me in the face !?!
Oh,, that AV is tricky organizing denial , ...and amnesia
Old 01-04-2015, 02:44 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Don't overdue it top.

This weather is so confusing, January 4th and it's in the mid 60s. It would have been a nice day if it wasn't wet and rainy.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:46 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

To all of us who entered 2015 clean and sober, congratulations!!! I hope this is the best year any of us have ever experienced.
Up, you have made so much progress over the last 9 months, you really deserve to feel good about it. It may take more time though, before your family trusts the changes you've made. All you can do is to keep moving forward. I know things are still really hard, but I truly believe that they will get better, and that your life will eventually be the life you want for yourself. I have a ton of faith in you.
Freein, I'm also imagining that cat asleep on your bed before long. I hope you enjoy having him visit, and that there is no conflict over it this time.
Obosob, how exciting to get the report on baby Obo. It put a huge smile on my face. I think waiting until the birth to find out if you have a boy or girl is a good plan, there are so few genuine surprises in life, and a baby's gender is a really wonderful one. I love all of the names you mentioned, and look forward to hearing more about baby Obo and your preparations for his or her arrival. I love babies.
Topspin, you've got me thinking about how badly I need a new vacuum, and even more about how badly I need to use one. I destroyed my last one when my badly calculated attempt at making kombucha exploded all over it, and saturated the inside with sugar. The attachments still work, but the rest of it doesn't.
Have any of you heard anything from ST? I'm worried...
I'm going away for a month in about a week and a half, and badly need to clean my house before I go. It could take the entire week and a half to get it done. As heavily as it's weighing on me, I'm having a hard time knowing where to start to the point that I haven't started at all. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Right now it looks like the kind of places they feature on hoarders, but I'm not really a hoarder, I'm just a really lazy housekeeper with ADD, and all of the organizational issues that go with it.
I hope all of you are doing well today.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

One room at a time Adna....maybe try and in vision a room the way you would like it to look......I know purging & really letting go of stuff that we don't use or wear is "freeing" to me. If you are overwhelmed by it maybe you can enlist the help of someone? Even if its just someone to keep you motivated. If I was up there I would come & help you Hope to hear from ST too
Old 01-04-2015, 08:06 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

The thing is Adna it's not just my family. Like I said, I just wish I was told why they don't want anything to do with me.

I know that I can only control myself but how can I improve myself if I don't have a clue what I did wrong.
C'est la vie.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:41 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

UP, is it possible to ask them, straight up, "what was it that I did to upset you?". Please also remember that problems with relationships are never the result of just one person's mistermeaners, everyone has a part to play, so you'll only be getting one side of the story. You might get a more rounded and honest opinion from someone outside of the situation. Are you seeing a counsellor at all?

Adna, I'd come and help too. I find tidying and cleaning quite therapeutic. My best tip is to set an alarm clock for 15 minutes and focus on one area at a time. Have you come across marla cilley, the "Flylady"? She recommends a "home blessing hour" every week, it really does work to help get things back on track. (10 minutes each of : taking out rubbish, tidying away papers and "stuff", hoovering, changing the bed, mopping floors, dusting, cleaning mirrors). Good luck!

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:58 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I'm not seeing a counselor right now. The one that I was seeing before, we parted on bad terms. She is a skipping record of "the only way to stay clean is to go to meetings (AA/NA)" even though I told her more times than I can remember that it won't work for me.

It seems that when I ask I don't get an answer or get a runaround. Not much I can do.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:14 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hello everyone. Hope you are all well.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:26 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Hi all,

I'm already looking forward to the weekend, and its only Monday!

The daylight hours are so short, I don't seem to see the sun at all. I go to work in the dark, and get home in the dark. I want to start planning my vegetable plot, and buy some seeds to give some hope that spring will eventually return.

Dee, could you remind me what the sun looks like, I seem to remember it was quite bright and warm?

UP, hope you get a better nights sleep tonight.

Love to all Fools.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:56 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I agree with you about the sun and warm weather free. Perhaps you could grow some herbs indoors until the weather breaks.

Speaking of weird weather, yesterday the high was in the mid 60s and they are calling for snow with highs in the upper 20s tomorrow.

Have a good night's sleep free.

Thanks everyone for your support.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I'm right there with you Freein with wishing it was the week-end.....non-stop day at work & anxiety pretty high tonight following a couple days on the "pink cloud". I hate feeling like this, so uneasy & full of worry. Time for some calm tea.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:12 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

I wonder why we worry so much? Wouldn't life be wonderful if we just didn't worry? Every morning I try to set the intention of maintaining a peaceful mind, and yet by the evening my mind conjures up no end of trouble, and if there are no real troubles, it just makes them up!

Meditation definitely is helping, but I still wonder why human beings are afflicted so.

I look at this little cat, he still needs food, water, shelter, and love, but he doesn't seem to worry about any of it. Probably because he knows he just has to give a little meow, and someone else will take care of it

Mariah, hope your day goes better today.

UP, hope you're sleeping well.

Hope everyone's tickety-boo.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:24 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Goodnight Mariah,

...good morning Freein !!!

I'm so.ooo whipped out tired right now, ...the tea was a good idea Mariah !
Thanks, ....

This probably won't help , but it might !?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvqqjljDnho