Notices

Class of December 2014

Old 12-02-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day Two

Starting day two now.

I was off work yesterday. The temperature dropped from mid-60s on Sunday to below freezing yesterday. (Now it's back up to the fifties right now. Stupid West Texas weather.) I tried to talk myself into not going to an AA meeting because of the weather but am so glad I didn't listen. Got a lot out of what I heard yesterday and picked up a new 24-hour chip, which is a big step for me as I hadn't even been honest enough to do that the last couple of times I walked into an AA meeting.

Spent the rest of the day lazing around the house, caught up on some television shows, read, and finally watched Guardians of the Galaxy last night. Laughed a lot and really enjoyed it overall.

It was especially nice to get a good night's sleep last night. When I was younger, I used to think drinking helped me sleep but now at forty years old it just tears me up. I always wake up at two in the morning and again at four and usually again at six, my body and mind screaming at me. I slept this morning all the way thru until around seven and then just had to go to the bathroom before I went back to sleep and got another solid hour and a half.

I work today until around five. Plan after that is an eight pm meeting, might treat myself to a nice dinner before that.

Hello to everyone in this class and thanks to everyone from previous Decembers who has dropped by to welcome us. This is my fourth or fifth class here at SR over the last year and a half. I'm going to make this one stick no matter what.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:13 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hi everyone - can I join too - I managed 10 days in November and then stumbled a bit this weekend - no binges but I still drank. So today is day 1 (again) and I'm starting over xx
Old 12-02-2014, 09:37 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hi there. I would like to join this class too.. I've just done 2 days
Old 12-02-2014, 09:58 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Can I be in dec and nov class? I'm still so new, 8 days. I came right at the end of nov 25.
I'm going to until I'm kicked out!! Ha!
Old 12-02-2014, 10:06 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
I didn't drink on thanksgiving and a couple of days before it and rewarded myself by drinking for the 3 days after. That has also become my pattern, I get through a tough situation and then blow it the next day for no reason.

I really enjoy sobriety, I just have to get over the mindset that settles in after some sober time that drinking is some sort of relief that I deserve or that I can drink in moderation (I can't).

I am mostly a solo drinker so social situations this holiday season won't be so tempting. It's being alone when I can sneak it and tell myself no one will know or get hurt. In truth, I'm just hurting myself and setting myself up or more pain and consequences down the road.
Oh me too! I drink alone so no one gets hurt by my actions. Time to just stop. I've had it with this.
1-2 bottles of wine a night, several times a week was my standard.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:30 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Morning of day 5 feels good, huh?

Originally Posted by Deniselarkin View Post
It my 4th day as well happy to have you with us,

Thank you and happy to be here!
Old 12-02-2014, 10:34 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
I will NOT drink to that!

Still going strong! Welcome to the new members of the class, stay the course! (((HUGS)))
Old 12-02-2014, 10:48 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Journey of Sobriety

Day 1 - Feeling bad today
Old 12-02-2014, 10:50 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
I will NOT drink to that!

Originally Posted by Frixion View Post
Day 1 - Feeling bad today
It's OK to feel bad today. Feeling is OK. Numbing your feelings with alcohol is not OK. You can do this. You just have to believe you deserve so much more.

Stay a while & keep posting. It will get better... ((Hugs))
Old 12-02-2014, 11:41 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Ugghhh everyone. I'm having a REALLY bad time of it today. Major anxiety and I feel terrible...
Old 12-02-2014, 11:41 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I'm on day 4 and still waiting for the fog to lift. I know it does, but it's taking its sweet time. Also hoping to sleep better tonight. The past few nights have been horrible.
Old 12-02-2014, 12:26 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

It's day 2 for me. I had serious anxiety yesterday but it's nearly gone today. I got a lot of positive things done. Thought about a pint at 5pm but cooked dinner and forgot about it - going to revisit the gym for the first time in ages, probably about 5pm if I can. I hope this continues...

Wishing everyone well!
Old 12-02-2014, 02:23 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Day 3 and starting to feel better

Hi to all my fellow December recoverers. We've picked a tough time to do this but the thing I reckon we all know is that as addicts we'd find a way to make any time sound tough (it's my birthday next week, I'm going to that wedding / outdoor concert / horrible family event). I'm concentrating on 1 day at a time and telling myself that there will be plenty more summers / xmases / new years eves to worry about and I'm just looking at not drinking for this one. Maybe that's not healthy but I've always had the greatest struggle in the past with the concept of "never ever drinking again" and focusing on this makes me resentful and derails my efforts. This time I'm just looking to not drink today and repeat that decision.
Good luck everyone and more than that keep reading on SR, some really inspirational stories and people on here.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:28 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Sarah, Nic, FF, ButterflyCher and Frixion

You can join as many classes as you like JBodhi but for anyone confused there is still an active Class of November thread:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-4-a-12.html

D
Old 12-02-2014, 02:41 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

It was day 8 for me. I'm sick and I have to take antibiotics. I'm feeling weak physically..and I'm kinda confused..the good thing is I know that it's gonna get better. I'm going to bed now and wish you all a nice sober day/night.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:50 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Sign me up, day one for me and am excited !!!
This is a new day a new chapter , after a year
I may not remember the day I quit, cos it won't be that important anymore.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:30 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
JBL

Back on board. Day 1 for me here again too.
Was 12 days sober several months ago and then stopped committing. Ready to do this thing and stick with it.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:38 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome FalsePromise and JBL

D
Old 12-02-2014, 04:41 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done class of December

all in this together well done hang in there
Old 12-02-2014, 05:05 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Day 1 coming to a close

Day 1 is just about done for me. I'm so glad i joined this class, and I got active posting today and even more so for all I was able to read and absorb.

Hope everyone's feeling ok! It's going to keep getting better.

I will not drink today.
I will wake up tomorrow morning and repeat these words.