SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of December 2014 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/352232-class-december-2014-a.html)

Dee74 12-01-2014 05:53 PM

Welcome Lunar, Turtle, and Iwantmeback :)

we're all very friendly here - as tough as early recovery is, you guys are not alone :)

D

turtle23 12-01-2014 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by JayEl (Post 5051314)
Going to bed rather than the store.... Tomorrow will be a full and necessary day 1. Good luck to us all!

This is a really good idea... I am also going to bed instead of the store. Thank you ☺

turtle23 12-01-2014 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 5051511)
Welcome Lunar, Turtle, and Iwantmeback :)

D

Thank you

Peter_819 12-01-2014 06:35 PM

I'm in. Looking forward to waking up tommorow to a slightly clearer head and a third morning of sobriety!

Dee74 12-01-2014 06:37 PM

Welcome Peter :)

D

Rickh54 12-01-2014 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by terbo (Post 5050234)
Day 3 (this is about my 50th day 3) but this time it's gonna work.

Hi Terbo - day 3. Good for you. Hope you are getting healthy.
You have tried and not succeeded 50 times so far.
Tell me, what are you going to do differently this time. What is your plan to handle the triggers? Have you informed those close to you that you are going to try again to abstain? Do you have any support for this journey.
Have you made a commitment to change your activity, ditch your drinking buddies for now, drive home on a different route, look up you local AA group, clean your house of any liquor, stock your fridge with healthy foods.
Have you been reading and learning about this disease. Have you come to the realization that you are not any different than anyone else that is suffering from this disease.
Sure hope the answer to these questions is "YES, I have".
Speaking from my short experience with sobriety - 12.5 months -I do know that you need a plan. If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there.
I wish you well Terbo. Call on us here anytime for support, wisdom or to borrow a tissue to wipe your tears. Always someone here to help.

MissOverIt 12-01-2014 07:56 PM

Hi all!! This is my 4th consecutive day sober and feel ready to join this class. Happy to be here :)

Suekie 12-01-2014 09:13 PM

After 61 days sober from 11/19 to 1/18 last year, I am back. 2014 was a horrible year for me, and a lot of it I blame on my alcoholism. Today, December 1st, starts a new chapter in my life. I AM DONE. I no longer want this life. I am 37 years old, I have fatty liver, major depression, major anxiety, major hairloss and major excuses. I'm done. I want a positive life full of feelings and not numbness, full of hope and not guilt. This is it. I know it will be hard and not all butterflies and pixie dust. But I KNOW it will be worth it in the end. I owe this to my kids, I owe it to my family and I owe it to myself.

Welcome everyone!!!

tazzle 12-01-2014 09:31 PM

Welcome 2014 from 2012!! I had a few bumps and slips but I am still here and sober. Trust me and others, when they tell you it is so worth the difficulties you will be facing. Do not look past today, you cannot control tomorrow and you can't change yesterday. It is so nice to be able to remember conversations or events and not be embarrassed by what you do remember or what someone tells you. You will sleep better, heck its all better what else can I say.

Stay strong, post here often, you can do it!!

Dee74 12-01-2014 09:35 PM

Welcome MissOverIt and Suekie :)

D

ButterflyCher 12-02-2014 01:40 AM

Hi all! I joined SoberRecovery last night and this morning (thankfully) woke up to meet the day, sober. Day 1: December 2nd. I know it will be hard, but I believe it will be worth it. I'll say a little prayer for all of this morning. xx

ButterflyCher 12-02-2014 02:26 AM

Hi all! I joined SoberRecovery last night and this morning (thankfully) woke up to meet the day, sober. Day 1: December 2nd. I know it will be hard, but I believe it will be worth it. I'll say a little prayer for all of this morning. xx

JayEl 12-02-2014 02:44 AM

Day 1 starts today (again). Feel pretty awful but I'm ready to do this.

twentyfive 12-02-2014 03:38 AM

Day 7 and doing well. Really slept well finally. Has been a long time. Alcohol disrupts sleep. Getting normal sleep feels great.

I won't be posting for a couple of days because my pc needs to be repaired.

WordsAndMusic78 12-02-2014 03:42 AM

Day 2, feeling pretty ok. Ate breakfast for the first time in a week! Slept ok, just took a little while to nod off. Anyway - wishing everyone well. Onward and upwards folks...!

Deniselarkin 12-02-2014 03:46 AM

Welcome

Originally Posted by MissOverIt (Post 5051748)
Hi all!! This is my 4th consecutive day sober and feel ready to join this class. Happy to be here :)

It my 4th day as well happy to have you with us,

strategery 12-02-2014 05:43 AM

It is so great to see so much positivity on the board. I woke up refreshed today versus feeling tired. I am REALLY hoping this change stays since I only have had one other day like this since first attempting to get sober in late October. I have my longest ever sobriety streak going right now (will be 2 weeks Thursday).
I hope you all have a great day! Stay strong!

JayEl 12-02-2014 06:06 AM

Still feeling pretty rough but I'm looking forward to it getting better. Going to do some reading today in the Big Book. Hanging in there. Hope everyone's doing well!

Sinderos 12-02-2014 06:41 AM

Today is my day 2. I slept better than I expected to, but did have sweats really bad. I'm feeling positive because I finally made it through the first day. I was so tempted but held strong.

FacingFuture 12-02-2014 07:05 AM

Hey all, I'd like to join the class. I made it 7 days last month and I'd like to make it 29 days this month without drinking.

And jayel, I'm right there with you... I feel like crud today