Notices

Class of December 2014

Old 12-11-2014, 02:13 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Day 6, feeling really good. I realized that I use alcohol as a reward. Feeling energetic and clear thinking is a reward that I am enjoying. I have a show tonight and I would normally have a drink after as a reward but not tonight. Tonight I will enjoy the energy and sense of accomplishment. Feeling that will be the reward.
Reading what you all share has really helped. Thank you.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:15 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Wow - yep, it is true

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
The task of repairing relationships might be mammoth but it IS doable! It will take time....the people we've hurt don't trust us (with good reason) and they are going to be watching us closely to see if and when they might consider trusting us again.
This really resonates. I know I have hurt my husband, my kids, my friends.
Just as recently as Tuesday.

I keep thinking oh, one glass of wine but it is never just one glass.

Thanks for the reminder of what I need to do and why.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:16 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

There's a rainstorm moving through here in Northern California, on this, my day 8. Just got back from the town store for butter, and the guy in from of me had a 12 pack of craft beer.

As the cashier wished him a good day he said
"Will do- just going to hunker down through the storm and drink beer." I felt a little flicker of envy, but it was only a small one- and it passed quickly after thinking about how much there is to gain by not drinking. It feels much better to hunker down with a cup of Peet's coffee and watch the fog outside- and not feel the fog inside.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:20 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Administrator

In terms of method I'm a firm believer in whatever works

EJP, faith - we put things back together a little piece at a time...it takes a while, maybe, but I'm sure you'll find it worth the time and effort

Today's the only day we can do anything about - yesterdays gone and tomorrow not yet here - so do the most with it guys - make the life you want and be the you you want to be

D
Old 12-11-2014, 02:56 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Had a good start to the day, then asked my husband if he was happy with our future together (3 kids later) and his response was ..."do we have a choice?" So ....what does that mean? Then I asked, so would you change things if you could go back, and he said "does it matter?" He wouldn't talk about it after he made the comments. Our marriage has definitely had its ups and downs but I wasn't expecting that answer. Anyway, feeling very emotional and wanting to drink. Going to chat with a girlfriend to get it off of my chest shortly. Normally after an argument I would drink but this time NO WAY! So any advice? I want our marriage to work, although the whole time we've been together (8 years). I have been secretly drinking beyond what we drink together. Usually after everyone goes to bed I would have a little extra for myself. My will power is getting tested!! But I'm chanting, I will not drink!!!!
Old 12-11-2014, 03:00 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Day 12 I think?

Hello all,

Actually it's day 11, but since I am taking one day at a time the amount of days doesn't really matter as long as the day before I didn't include alcohol and the current day doesn't include alcohol. So that said still sober but today the voice came up a couple of times. Have been exercising a lot, lots of walks and shopping which is walking with breaks.

I am determined so that voice isn't going to talk me into anything, building a log cabin bird house for my wife for Christmas. Treated myself to some dead bird in a box (KFC) for dinner. KFC is like alcohol tastes good while your putting it into the mouth but not so good when you relize you consumed it. Anyhow hope everyone has an amazing evening and I will post back soon.

Cheers

Rob

Old 12-11-2014, 03:01 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Originally Posted by GnikNus View Post
...and watch the fog outside- and not feel the fog inside.
I really, really love this. Great mindset! Love your username backwards as well. Well suited for weather.

I'm in CA as well, it's definitely a stormy day. Time to bust out the hot chocolate and marshmallows
Old 12-11-2014, 03:12 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Hi Team,
Finally done work!!
Wanted to drink big time today, habit I guess after a long day. But I'm really hungry, so thinking that could be it more than anything
Hope all is well xoxo
Old 12-11-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Also, just to add to my last post I abstained from alcohol while pregnant and continued up to 3 months after while breastfeeding. Their health is obviously more important than mine.
Old 12-11-2014, 04:40 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by classypants19 View Post
Normally after an argument I would drink but this time NO WAY! So any advice? I want our marriage to work, although the whole time we've been together (8 years). I have been secretly drinking beyond what we drink together. Usually after everyone goes to bed I would have a little extra for myself. My will power is getting tested!! But I'm chanting, I will not drink!!!!
Classypants,

I'm going through something very similar with my wife. Please stick with it. From everyone on this board who have gotten to a sober state I can tell it's worth it. I hid/hide my drinking from my wife as well, so that's a real challenge when I quit (like now).

What she saw: Me drinking 2 beers and acting drunk

What actually was happening: I drank 10 before the 2, and then drank more after

We had a mild argument last night about me going to AA again. Because of me hiding the drinking, she thinks I'm more in control than I actually am. So she doesn't understand why I want/need to stop.

I think part of it is that she doesn't want to believe that I am a REAL alcoholic. Afterall, who wants to be married to an alcoholic.

Please stick with it. He will see how much better life is when you are sober and able to live life to the fullest!
Old 12-11-2014, 04:42 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Administrator

For those who don't know we usually close threads at around 500 posts or so to stop the server exploding

please join us for the continuing part two of this thread here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html

D