Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 6

Old 12-08-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

When did the weekends become enjoyable without alcohol? I just wrote on another thread I am grateful the weekends have become quality time with my family instead of an excuse to get annihilated. It's like I was so busy having fun, sober fun, all of a sudden it's Monday.
I used to live next to loud neighbors when I was in the city. They thought they were a rock band. It was awful. Especially when it was a screaming type band that thought adding an accordion to heavy metal was a good idea...at 3 am. I live in the country now. Every now and then the house up the road will have a bonfire, usually lit by some loud explosive that shakes my house 3 feet off it's foundation. But that's it.

Jennifer
Old 12-08-2014, 07:29 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

fromadistance, glad to help you make yourself safer with a new ladder! Your door looks beautiful and it looks like you have a lovely home! I like that garland on the door. I may have to copy that in some fashion.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:31 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I don't think I should get off SR right now....I am really not good.
I am upset about dad.
And I am in a really awful 'war' with my downstairs neighbours.
Their music is literally pounding through my floor...and they are now doing it on purpose to taunt me. I got angry...really angry. Yelled 'does it have to be so loud?'
Then it got worse...and I am upset with me, them, and I am shaking.
Little V is upset....this is awful. Trying not to cry.

(Sorry to be selfish).
Oh, that sounds awful, Venus. Sorry you have such awful neighbors. You should be comfortable in your home, not made to feel like that! Maybe you can report them to the management or property owner? But they don't sound like they care. Maybe that would make them worse.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Morning V, how are you doing?
Old 12-08-2014, 09:24 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
fromadistance, glad to help you make yourself safer with a new ladder! Your door looks beautiful and it looks like you have a lovely home! I like that garland on the door. I may have to copy that in some fashion.
Thanks Phoebe,

The back story is that last year I didn't do anything to decorate outside......too busy drinking. I didn't give any thought to making the season special for my family. Too busy drinking. I was completely languishing in my thoughts...about me. Things aren't perfect now, but oh so much better than even a few months ago.

Venus, we lived in an apartment while building our house. It was a terrible experience. The upstairs neighbors would have raging arguments with exceptionally loud cursing and throwing of things. My oldest kids were young at the time and would wake up crying and scared. Thankfully, as Dee said, they moved after a few weeks. Hope you're better today.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:10 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Hi Class. On day 67...Having a rough couple of days.

Just feel very OUT of it...Disconnected.

Thoughts of drinking AGAIN are popping up...I'm not seriously contempating any of them...But this feeling is ...Uncomfortable.

Hope everyone is OK. I am not drinking TODAY. I've made that commitment.

I will stick to it.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:31 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Well, things went from bad to worse.
The guy downstairs is insane. Massive loud screaming abuse of his girlfriend.
I calmed down.
Then I just got a $369 fine in the mail for a red light camera.
I will apply for a payment plan.
This will definitely stop me from ever buying cigarettes again.

Have to stay calm.
I need any spare prayers please.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:39 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Hi FTW, good to see you. I'm sorry to hear you're going through a rough patch. We're here if you want to talk about it.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:45 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

V - you should call the cops if he's abusing or threatening her. I work in criminal justice and have very little tolerance for that kind of BS. If he's that bad then the others are probably right that he won't be there long. People like that often can't maintain anything for very long. I'm sorry you have to deal with this.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:46 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Thanks Briar.

Reading up a bit more...I think this may be the infamous *PAWS* i've heard so much about. It stands for Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome.

It's really throwing me off...I've been doing really well with no thoughts/cravings etc. And the last couple of days have been REALLY un-comfortable.

Mood Swings...Irritable. Tough time concentrating...Very Scattered...

Maybe it's the weather too...Lack of sunlight always gets me down this time of year.

Bleh...Thanks for letting me post about it. Really want this work day to end.

Old 12-08-2014, 11:54 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Yeah PAWS is a real problem. I had cognitive problems last time I quit, this time it's emotional which could be from other issues. Go easy on yourself, your brain is trying to rebalance.
Old 12-08-2014, 12:10 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Nice to see you again FTW. The two month mark was tough for me too with the thoughts and I slipped. But my plan wasn't solid enough. It is now. And I've learned. Maybe seek out some other resources like a meeting. Or is there anyone you can call to chat? Change it up a bit. Don't let your mind fool you into picking up. I remember you saying you ended up in the hospital last time you drank.

Thinking you Venus. Sorry your having a rough couple days. I saw a black cat today at work and immediately thought of you
Old 12-08-2014, 12:54 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor8 View Post
I remember you saying you ended up in the hospital last time you drank.
Yes this is true. And thank you for reminding me. Puts this back in perspective.

Thank you.
Old 12-08-2014, 01:47 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Ive noticed that if I drink, I feel a difference in cognitive process for about 5 days afterwards. depression, memory, decision making are all affected. Im a believer in PAWS. That's why I fight this fight to abstain from drinking, win or lose. Ive got too much to lose!
Old 12-08-2014, 01:50 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Hurt my back on my part time ambulance job this morning. Had to leave work. I now have to work my new fulltime job with a hurt back. Im pissed. I feel stupid somehow, but Ive got to find another part time job to make ends come close to meeting. GRR, Im sober but angry today. Picking up patients on a stretcher, with lazy partners is over for me, I think.
Old 12-08-2014, 01:55 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Yep, JL, only now with some sober time under my belt can I look back and see how much drinking affected my thinking/emotions. What's also interesting and daunting is the whole PAWS thing which evidently can linger for some time while are bodies and minds straighten out. Alcohol sucks.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:44 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope thats the end of the traauma for you for a while V.

JL can you go back to the ambulance when your back is better?

D
Old 12-08-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Findingtheway ,

Hope you've made it home and can relax for the evening. Sorry you're having such a time of it...but you were really smart to jump right in for support. Briar had a similar episode this weekend and handled it well also. Good stuff guys. Not fun, but you'll be stronger for the effort.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

JL can you go back to the ambulance when your back is better?

D[/QUOTE]

Dee, I can but a lazy lazy partner that won't lift or pull at all, only gets ppl hurt and gives a sick person a bad experience. I'm so done right now. I just want to take care of my family and not be drunk any longer!
Old 12-08-2014, 05:50 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

I'm sorry your back is hurt JL. I hope you can find something better soon. That must be a very hard job.