Notices

Class of November 2014 Part 3

Old 11-21-2014, 05:09 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Good morning, class! I'm impressed with everybody's plans for the weekend -- we'll stay strong!

Ubn - my gosh, that's a lot of challenges thrown at you!! Good job countering all of them.

Day 12 for me, on Sunday I'll hit 2 weeks. Yay!
Old 11-21-2014, 05:52 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Monica, that is great. I feel exactly the same way, feels like a cloud is beginning to lift
Old 11-21-2014, 06:03 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hey all!

Weekend approaching, I am also working on a plan. Reserved a lane to play badminton with a friend tomorrow, so I can't go there hungover. And sunday, I made plans to go for a roadtrip with some friends. Also a good motivator for staying sober all through the weekend.

Inspirating to hear how you all are really trying! Good job!
Old 11-21-2014, 06:53 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Morning all, checking in on Day 5. My plan for the weekend is to keep busy - which shouldn't be a problem. I have a birithday party to prep and plan for on Sunday - for my 5yo daughter, and my mom arrives tomorrow so I have to clean today. No time to drink! I cannot imagine trying to do this while binging this weekend. IF nothing else, my responsibilities this weekend will need to keep me sober. Not sure how much I will be on the forums till Monday, but will try to check in.

To my November mates - have a great sober weekend. Stay strong. Monday morning we all want to get on here sober and happy.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:00 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Glad everyone is still walking a better, sober path now. Its a good day when you wake up refreshed, rather than sick and tired.
I am still feeling strong, I wont be drinking this weekend at all. Just had 5 days off, and did not even come close to having alcohol. Peace all.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:52 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Ugh god. Starting over again this morning. Two bottles of wine. Texted my ex and told him how horrible he was. I left 3 years ago! And I'm in an awesome relationship. **** ing alcohol.

I need to leave booze and tell it how horrible it is.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:00 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
Ugh god. Starting over again this morning. Two bottles of wine. Texted my ex and told him how horrible he was. I left 3 years ago! And I'm in an awesome relationship. **** ing alcohol. I need to leave booze and tell it how horrible it is.
Glad you came straight back here and owned up. That's at least a good sign that you want to change.

Drunk texting or facebooking, etc, is never a good idea. I've done that far too often and sincerely regretted it the following day.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:24 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I am signing up for November group, good luck everyone. I'm starting to feel like a lost cause but at least I keep coming back..
Old 11-21-2014, 08:39 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi all! I'm coming in late because I was in a rush this morning, and I went right into back-to-back meetings. I can hear some of my team members in the conference room next door, and I'm realizing how lucky I am to have this job, with these people. Except one. But we won't talk about him.

The runners in this group are so inspiring! I think if I looked up my marathon times and shared them, you would ask me if I'd been running, or walking...I'm sure I was slow, but I was thin and very fit, which was the important thing to me!

I had my first dream with alcohol last night. I can't remember if I was actually drinking, but it involved hiding alcohol, which I used to do ALL the time. One of the only drawbacks of my recent sobriety has been the nightmares. I feel like I have a vivid nightmare every night, and it messes with my awesome sober sleep. Has anyone else experienced these, and if so, do they ever go away?

Friday nights are very risky for me. I need to be hyper-vigilant all weekend, but hopefully I will stay busy with the kids' activities and preparing for Thanksgiving. We're having my in-laws, my family, and my brother's in-laws too. Yikes. I plan to be sober so I don't stress.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:42 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
Ugh god. Starting over again this morning. Two bottles of wine. Texted my ex and told him how horrible he was. I left 3 years ago! And I'm in an awesome relationship. **** ing alcohol.

I need to leave booze and tell it how horrible it is.
I'm sorry that happened BBF. Remember that feeling. You don't want to go there again. Two bottles of wine especially after abstaining for even a short time would really physically do me in. I hope you're feeling better - maybe write this all down and keep it in a journal? Stay close to SR girl! Big hugs.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Sorry BBF and WharfRat. Good for you for getting right back on track! We are totally here to support you, please keep posting as much as possible.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:49 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I wanted to check in. Lots going on the boards, which is great. I hope everyone is having a great Friday!
Old 11-21-2014, 08:55 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

And also BBF - well done coming right back here! It's not always easy. At all.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:56 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Bbf - I was in the horrors yesterday - I joined SR Over a year ago and the most I've ever done is 3 months and that was 12 months ago. Today is day 2, I've gone and bought myself a nice journal to track myself and keep me in check and am determined to sort this out. Omg - it's just getting silly - I'm such a horrible drunk.

Good luck everyone and happy Friday!! I'm tucking into my fresh orange and lemonade as we speak

Xx
Old 11-21-2014, 09:03 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Foot really hurts today. Too much being up on crutches yesterday even though I kept it elevated as much as possible. My man and I stayed up late reading & surfing which is rare as he usually falls asleep very early. I did fall asleep finally . But woke early as would be usual on a regular Friday . I did fall back asleep though, napping all morning. My plan for tonight is... Reading, Netflixing, more sleep. Food somewhere in there of course lol. Not exciting but it's all I can do. I had wanted to try to go to a really big speaker meeting I went to & liked once so far, but given my pain level, it's out of the question for this week.

Welcome back 1 bbf!

No one is a lost cause as long as you keep trying. Welcome Wharf Rat!

Your beverage sounds good JustSarah . 2 days down and back on track .
Old 11-21-2014, 09:26 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

gypsytears, that sounds like a great plan! I'm sorry your pain is so bad though, that sucks.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:27 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

JustSarah, good for you on Day2...it beats Day 1 any day, right?
Old 11-21-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Originally Posted by JT0626 View Post
Today starts day 24 for me. I feel so much more in control of myself. The depressed feelings & hopelessness have seemed to fade away. I am seeing now that alcohol was keeping me in a funk that I couldn't snap out of. Man, I am so relieved that alcohol is no longer a part of my life!

I'm 24days also jt. Good job

Welcome warfrat

Well done to all above xx
Old 11-21-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hey bbf. Sorry that happened. Hopefully you can use this as a turning point.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Please can I join you all?

5th day for me and the worst so for, I think I'm going mad with this wide awake alert feeling xx