Notices

Class of November 2014 Part 3

Old 11-25-2014, 10:45 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

I'm way behind but am still with you. Day 11 now. Went out for dinner with two colleagues who drank in front of me last night. Surprisingly, it didn't bother me too much just sticking to diet coke and water. Thankful not to have a headache this morning and am ready to go to work and function as normal. This is one day at a time for me right now, I can't look beyond that. I won't drink today, period. Good luck and stay vigilant.
Old 11-25-2014, 10:49 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Went out for indian food tonight and ate so much it hurt!
Went to AA as well.
Going to meditate, read a bit more on here, maybe write in my journal and sleep. Sober sleep
My best friend is in town tomorrow too!
Old 11-25-2014, 10:53 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
Went out for indian food tonight and ate so much it hurt! Went to AA as well. Going to meditate, read a bit more on here, maybe write in my journal and sleep. Sober sleep My best friend is in town tomorrow too!
love Indian food and sober sleep!! Have a good one.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:03 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberMarathon View Post
love Indian food and sober sleep!! Have a good one.
Thank you <3 you too!
Old 11-26-2014, 12:13 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Day 7 here today - off out for a hot choc in a bit with my mate at a coffee shop - no real news for today - just checking in.

Hope everyone's doing ok xx
Old 11-26-2014, 12:16 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Day 13 and feeling good, feel a bit of motivation coming back and feeling positive about the future.

Jsbodhi - I love Indian food, the hotter the better.....special mixed balti vindaloo hot from my local take out every Friday night.......makes my mouth water just thinking about it.
Old 11-26-2014, 01:12 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Day 29. Not sure what to say today.

Good job all above on another sober day xx
Old 11-26-2014, 01:43 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Hey Erratic, you really stuck in there from the beginning of this class, almost a month now. Well done man. By the way, I was born in Aberdeen and raised around Ellon until I was 11 and we all moved out to Australia.
Old 11-26-2014, 01:47 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Josharon - how are you doing today/tonight?

I picked up my Drinking: A Lovs Story book again to try and stay aware and vigilant over this holiday week. My previous slips have typically come on quickly and I almost just acknowledge it's gonna happen 5 min before. I don't even pretend like I think I don't have a problem - I give...."permission"....I guess. Anyway, just wanted to share my rambling thoughts.

Need some sleep!
Good morning everyone, ubn - love your avatar! Good luck on traveling, you will pull through, i have confidence in you. Josharon, i was just thinking of you, stay close. Sober Marathon, Marathonman great job...if I didn't f.up on Sun I would be right there with you...okay I need to forgive and forget Sunday and move on
Applekat, I agree my slips come so quickly I haven't had time to get my sober routine going fast enough, Im working on that. AVRA says something that makes me laugh and think...no one wakes up the next day and wishes they had a drink the night before or wish they had more to drink. That really made, still makes me laugh and helps me think about what I'm doing. Anyway, I'm rambling now, just wanted to say a quick good morning to ALL. Oh, Gypsytears, I really feel for you, I haven't experienced insomnia in a long while but it stinks, I was up & down all night, I'm surprised I'm up and going to workout now and you don't even get to get up and walk around, I hope your foot heals soon! I'll catch up with everyone else later. My wife's b-day today and Thanksgiving holiday tomorrow. Looking forward to it, staying vigilant!
Old 11-26-2014, 01:49 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
Day 29. Not sure what to say today.

Good job all above on another sober day xx
You will make the entire month!!!!
Congratulations, stay strong
Old 11-26-2014, 01:53 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Hitting the road bright and early to travel ahead of a snow storm that is approaching. Happy Thanksgiving to all those celebrating. Stay safe and sober!
Old 11-26-2014, 03:04 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Originally Posted by TopEndChick View Post
Hey Erratic, you really stuck in there from the beginning of this class, almost a month now. Well done man. By the way, I was born in Aberdeen and raised around Ellon until I was 11 and we all moved out to Australia.
Thanks chick

Wow u went to Australia eh bet it's lovely over there. I wasn't born here on Aberdeen I was born in Taunton.

How are u doing?
Old 11-26-2014, 03:08 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Morning class day 25 here, feeling strong. Started to sleep slightly better so that is helping. Trying to psych myself up to stop smoking, I stopped for over a year but started back up a few months ago and hate it. It's my last addiction and want to be free of them all. Hope everyone has a good day. Peace X
Old 11-26-2014, 03:20 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Administrator

Join us for part 4 here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-4-a.html

D