Notices

Class of November 2014 Part 3

Old 11-24-2014, 03:49 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Well it's my 27th day sober. Will see how I get on today.

Hope everyone has a good day xxx
Old 11-24-2014, 03:59 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ubntubnt View Post
I have been thinking about this a lot. The last 25 years party season have been great, and of course highly alcoholic. This one I will almost entirely avoid. It is just a sacrifice I feel I need to make. I will spend my time in a more personal way with friends and family this year. Next year I should be able to mix the two more confidently in sober way.

The holiday season will be difficult for all of us. We know that now. So don't wait until you topple. Plan now and prepare yourself. Your AV is already preparing for the battle...."holiday season is coming, it will be such great fun, after such a tough year you deserve to let yourself go a little and have some fun...come January 1st you can always clean up, no harm done etc etc etc". Don't go there....commit right now not to drink. Get the alcohol out of the house. Skip parties if you need to. Leave early if you need to. Do whatever it takes and be 100% committed, do not open the door even a little for your AV to walk through.
Thanks for your concern and advice. I will avoid these parties this year. I believe if I can stay good till the end of the year, 2015 will be better.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:10 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Morning all.

Avra I'm so glad you came right back here and posted. It shows you really want this.

BBF yay on day 3 down

Welcome Lance. This class is awesome and super supportive

Sober Marathon, Unb, Ms. Marie, Erratic, and Sarah great job on y'all's sober days!!!!

Gypsy I hope you're foot isn't bothering you too much an you're getting some rest.

TX you seem so positive and encouraging. Keep it up.

Day 9 for me. It's a short week for the kids and I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year so I'll be busy, busy. But I love it and I'm sober!!!!! I'm so proud of each and every one of us!!!!
Old 11-24-2014, 04:28 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Avra, I can also sense disappointment sometimes when I don't drink. I've even lost contact with some of these people, because I didn't like the way they encouraged my drinking.

Some of them just thought I was funnier drunk. "The crazy drunk", who'd do anything. They would call me when they wanted to "go wild" once in a while. I was "wild" everyday. Alone or not.

Some of them tell me: "Come on, just a glass. I don't expect you to drink like you did when we were teenagers". No, they didn't expect me to drink like I did back then. But I did. I drank loads more now. And I did it every day.

I suppose for social drinkers it is so unimaginable to think I secretly drank more in the bathrooms, or things like that. They just can't fathom I'm an alcoholic and miss all of the clues. I can see the signs in others, of course, but I guess it takes one to know one.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:30 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ms Marie View Post
Good morning Friends,

I never thought I would see this day, 21 days. I am grateful for the support from SR. I don't post a lot but I read and read all of your post. I learn from all of you so a Thank you.
Congrats on 3 weeks, Ms Marie! A big accomplishment.

Sorry for the weekend, Avra. Write it all down. Make today your day 1, forever. Perhaps do some reading on recovery? I find keeping up on recovery-related memoirs is helpful, for me. Drinking: A Love
Story by Caroline Knapp is one of my favs.

Day 8 here.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:40 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Avra View Post
Sad to say i screwed up this weekend. I dont really want to talk about it, but suffice to say i decided i just wasnt going to try. But, i am still wanting this, and to be here. Starting again. Next time i decide i dont want to try i am going to come here first.
Me too, I did great Friday & Saturday, real tough days and then I just tossed it away Sunday night, I am so disappointed in myself, I wasn't going to log in and let anyone know, I am too embarrassed. I let my guard down and now what was supposed to be a victory lap day turns into a sick day, with nausea and a weak and hurting unit. Stand up and move on
Old 11-24-2014, 04:41 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Welcome newcomers, let's finish up this month strong and sober!

Had a nice weekend with plenty of activity balanced with downtime. Starting the week feeling tiptop. 26 days today, will hit 30 in the middle of our Thanksgiving holiday. A little scary.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:43 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

I'm starting to feel lost in this group!

I'm coming off of a rough weekend (didn't drink but all the danger signs were there), but today should be a good day to recalibrate and get back on track. I was feeling great last week, but for the past few days I've been stressed and irritable. Time to find some new sober strategies, I think! Day 10.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:43 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lance40 View Post
Hi everyone - I'm late signing in but I'm part of the Nov class with a Nov 9 sobriety date and 2 weeks sober today. My first real attempt at sobriety was in Mar of this year when I got to 70 days and then relapsed. My plan at that time was will power and posting here. This time I'm taking it more seriously and am going to AA meetings and working the 12 steps with a sponsor.

I've been a binge drinker. Binges for me would happen maybe once or twice a week at home and would last from a couple of hours to occasionally half a day. I would drink 200 to 500 ml of straight vodka during a binge with very heavy drinking in the first 45 minutes or so. Once I was really intoxicated I would listen to music and dream impossible dreams and entertain visions of greatness and then lurch off to bed for a restless night and a fog of nausea in the morning as I faced the terrible thought of how I would feel at work all day.

This time is easier in the sense that I haven't really had cravings so far, maybe one short episode. It's harder in the sense that I'm trying to really take accountability and come to terms with the fact that I'm an alcoholic and what that means for me. My courage is good and I'm doing my best to take it a day at a time.
Welcome to the November class, Lance!
Old 11-24-2014, 04:46 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by josharon View Post
I'm starting to feel lost in this group!

I'm coming off of a rough weekend (didn't drink but all the danger signs were there), but today should be a good day to recalibrate and get back on track. I was feeling great last week, but for the past few days I've been stressed and irritable. Time to find some new sober strategies, I think! Day 10.
I've been irritable since about Day 3. Trying to balance productivity with non-alcohol rewards and exercise to cope.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:46 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Magellan and Avra:

Thanks for coming back to us! I am sorry to hear that you slipped, but I did the same thing. I had a day one on nov the 1st and then another one later in the month. I also came running back, and I'm glad I did.

Dust yourself off. Don't let yourself fall in to a longer binge and you'll soon be back on track.

We're here for you, and it's still november, this could still be your final month of destruction! Stay strong and keep coming back, no matter what.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:48 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Magellan View Post
Me too, I did great Friday & Saturday, real tough days and then I just tossed it away Sunday night, I am so disappointed in myself, I wasn't going to log in and let anyone know, I am too embarrassed. I let my guard down and now what was supposed to be a victory lap day turns into a sick day, with nausea and a weak and hurting unit. Stand up and move on
Sorry Magellan. Thanks for being honest. It's always hard to admit to slipping up. Do you think it was the temptation of the leftover wine and beer? Obviously I'm no expert but during my 'long' run of 60 days we hosted a party and I just knew that while I had declined drinks during the party, I would go into almost reward mode. I sent the leftover wine home with guests.

And this has got me thinking about coming up with a strategy for all the Xmas wine gifts we will be getting. Maybe I'll have to quickly re-gift them.

Get some rest today! Remember how you are feeling and play the tape forward when the next craving hits.

Just four days until Thanksgiving day! But let's be honest...for me this used to be an excuse for a week long wine "tasting".
Old 11-24-2014, 04:48 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I was able to get out of the bed in a flash. Did not have to drag myself out. Great fresh feeling. Was able to check the progress of my project, plan the day at work. This is great.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:49 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Sorry Magellan. Thanks for being honest. It's always hard to admit to slipping up. Do you think it was the temptation of the leftover wine and beer? Obviously I'm no expert but during my 'long' run of 60 days we hosted a party and I just knew that while I had declined drinks during the party, I would go into almost reward mode. I sent the leftover wine home with guests.

And this has got me thinking about coming up with a strategy for all the Xmas wine gifts we will be getting. Maybe I'll have to quickly re-gift them.

Get some rest today! Remember how you are feeling and play the tape forward when the next craving hits.

Just four days until Thanksgiving day! But let's be honest...for me this used to be an excuse for a week long wine "tasting".
Old 11-24-2014, 04:50 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Old 11-24-2014, 04:50 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Glad you came right back Magellan.

Josharon great job on 10 days!!!
Old 11-24-2014, 04:51 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by he19me View Post
Good morning everyone. I was able to get out of the bed in a flash. Did not have to drag myself out. Great fresh feeling. Was able to check the progress of my project, plan the day at work. This is great.

Doesn't it feel wonderful!!!!
Old 11-24-2014, 05:08 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

End of day 8 here. It's been a bit tiring with a few cravings, it's very hot here. I've been gorging on chocolate, jellies, ice cream and sugary soft drink. I know I'm overdoing the sugar but know that this will settle down again soon, and as someone who rarely eats when I'm actively drinking, I lost a few kilos during the last relapse period. So I don't feel too bad! I did make an awesome chicken and vegetable soup which I ate prior to all the other crap. Loving food, and am so thirsty all the time for cold water... I'm constantly drinking it between cups of tea. Feeling good overall, and lots of support locally from some very special people here in NT who I am blessed to call friends. What is helping me most these lone evenings is SR. Thanks all.

Old 11-24-2014, 05:28 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Avra/Magellan - glad you're back here with us. We need every member of this completely awesome class!

Day 15 here. Crazy weather - in the 40s yesterday, in the 70s today.

I have no desire to drink, but haven't been sleeping well the last 3 nights. Before that, I was sleeping like a log every night. Hopefully all this stuff settles down soon. My brain is very scattered as well. I made cookies yesterday and realized hours later, that I never added the baking soda to them! Oh well, they still tasted good.

Only 2 days of work this week - woot!!!

Have a safe and healthy day, everyone!
Old 11-24-2014, 05:39 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you guys are struggling avra / Magellan - just start again n keep going - you can do this

Hope you're feeling ok josharon

I'm a bit up n down today - feel good about it one minute and then I feel miserable. I also feel totally wiped out so had to have the a quick nap whilst the little one was in his cot but I could have slept for the rest of the day! Just sat in the garden now whilst the youngest plays in the paddling pool - got a new book to keep me occupied so will get back to that - will check in again later

Xx