Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 13

Old 11-20-2014, 03:54 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'd be pretty upset, penkins.

I'd probably try and leave it until you can discuss it calmly and then remind him of the deal.

The important thing tho, the vital thing here - is don't drink over it. You can sort this out sober

D
Old 11-20-2014, 03:54 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by penkins View Post
Nice Pink!

Ok guys. I am sooo f'ing pissed off right I am either going to scream and physically beat the **** out of my husband or Im going to get drunk and keep it in.

I am shaking i am soo pissed. And so angry and hurt that i am hiding in the bathroom crying.
OK Penkins- lets tackle this (reather than your husband!), together- without alcohol.

Can you give us an overview of the situation?

Whoops- just saw you posted. Give me time to digest it.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:08 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Drinking won't help, Penkins! He's got to have some sort of reasoning, here-right or wrong. I agree with Dee-wait until you can talk without yelling. Deep breath!
Old 11-20-2014, 04:10 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Penkins you have every right to be upset. I would be too. Don't drink on it though. I've done it to get through tough times, and it's only made things worse. Drink never helps to solve a problem, it adds more problems.

You can get through this.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

OK. I've got my thinking cap on.

I'm voting for neither getting drunk, keeping it in, or going after your husband.

Full Disclosure: my wife and I have a joint bank account and share decisions on big purchases so I can only comment on how I'd feel, not how I've felt.

I would be annoyed if we kept separate accounts, I was 'floating' her (and therefore 'us') and then she ended up making luxury purchases when I was counting on her to make me (and therefore 'us') whole.

Perhaps the initial step is to talk with your husband and outline your concerns and get his take on the situation. Long term, perhaps you two can come up with a plan to ensure you each feel you are contributing equitably to running the household. The goal is for neither of you to resent the other for purchases or contributions / lack of contributions to the overall welfare of the house.

This is a perfect example of how drinking or keeping this inside will not solve the overall issue. But, there are steps you can take to begin working on the situation.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:26 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by determined99 View Post
Morning you hipster cool sober kids!!

Quick post cause I have been enjoying reading the post from cleareyes. Thank you! That really resonated, I will read it often.

Have a wicked cold and heading into work for a long day, including an evening meeting. Guess what though, it's all good, grateful to have my gig. Taking an Advil sinus and I will feel squeaky new in a bit. Can't do that with a hangover my comrades now can you!

Life I'd good, just look around for a minute or two today.

You are only as big as what bothers you.

Go big and smile today team!

I dare you to close your door and do the Pee Wee Herman dance today. You know, the one to the song tequila. Go ahead, I dare you!

that's a good dance, just don't do some of the other things he does hahah
Old 11-20-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaptainWhip View Post
Penkins you have every right to be upset. I would be too. Don't drink on it though. I've done it to get through tough times, and it's only made things worse. Drink never helps to solve a problem, it adds more problems.

You can get through this.
totally, if you drink, the problem will still be there in the morning, there is nothing you can't get through sober!! Drinking does not help you. Remember that the drinking isn't what gets us through the tough times, it is our strength! You have that same strength if you are sober, and you can draw on the fact that you are remaining sober to give you even more strength!

You can do this!!
Old 11-20-2014, 04:35 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pinklinzangel View Post
tadaa :-)
too cool hair man!
congrats on 12 wks, totally awesome!

I just finished 12 too!

It is interesting, I feel like in the last month my body hasn't been telling me that it would be great to get drunk once or twice a week.
It's weird tho, now it is like it is trying to trick me, instead of that little voice telling me it would be nice to get drunk, I've got a more clever little voice saying it's Xmas, why don't ya just have 1 with friends at Xmas time.

I know better tho... I've got these little drinking voices figured out now, and they just make me laugh, they are up to no good, and I know now...there can't be just one drink....sorry little voices haha
Old 11-20-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Every right to be mad, penkins. Every right.

Sometimes we men are not too intuitive. Don't know the man but at times the calmly telling us how what we did makes you feel works. In a fight we naturally become defensive.

See is right though. One thing that won't help is a drink.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:05 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Great job at 12 Weeks Dry!
Old 11-20-2014, 05:47 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Penkins, calm is louder than a bomb. Be cool, come back in a bit and rationally and calmly explain your feelings, remind of the deal and ask how he would feel if you promised the down payment for his truck or new toy.

Congrats dry!

Ultra, I love your responses to the drinking situations. Spot on tips there! You are so right, positive is key.

Pink, talk about hipster cool, you got it in bucket loads!! Honestly don't see girls look that cool too often in the states. London is right, you got the happy poison free glow to match!

Last weekend before holiday week kids, get that action plan together. The AV is doing push ups right now, don't forget that.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:55 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Staying sober. About to cry again. Tried to talk to him. He got defensive. Said he wouldn't get the car he wanted. So now I feel bad cuz "its my fault". Told him to forget it. Didn't him or his f'ing money. Can do fine w out him. Said i felt taken advantage of. He said so did he for spending money on me a car. So i went into how Ive covered his ass for over a yr. he freaking pulled out his calculator to figure the exact amount. !! Again i told him i didn't need him. We separated rooms. He came back said he didn't wanna fight he will put down the money. I didn't say anything. What is there to say? I married an *******. Well maybe not. But it feels like it right now. Ok. Going to cry again.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:33 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

19 days!! 1 slip in 54 days. Counting this way helps me. I am doing well but I have to say I'm dealing with a lot of stress at work. Normally I would have a few drinks to relax but since I am not drinking I am facing the stress head on. Sometimes I don't go that well. I find myself bring. Impatient with people and getting riled up and very defensive. I broke out with cold sores as a result of stress. Hope you are all doing well!!
Old 11-20-2014, 06:41 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Keep going, Rah and Penkins! You'll learn how to deal with stress without the drink, and you can apply it all day instead of stuffing it. Way to go, guys. Seriously. Good work!
Old 11-20-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pinklinzangel View Post
tadaa :-)
Pink - I love the hair but more importantly you look amazing...so healthy...def a sober glow. Thanks for the inspiration. Congrats on 12 weeks!

Old 11-20-2014, 06:50 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Staying sober. About to cry again. Tried to talk to him. He got defensive. Said he wouldn't get the car he wanted. So now I feel bad cuz "its my fault". Told him to forget it. Didn't him or his f'ing money. Can do fine w out him. Said i felt taken advantage of. He said so did he for spending money on me a car. So i went into how Ive covered his ass for over a yr. he freaking pulled out his calculator to figure the exact amount. !! Again i told him i didn't need him. We separated rooms. He came back said he didn't wanna fight he will put down the money. I didn't say anything. What is there to say? I married an *******. Well maybe not. But it feels like it right now. Ok. Going to cry again.
Penkins - I am sorry to hear that you are so upset. It sounds like you are valid in feeling taking advantage of...like others have said maybe first have a direct talk with him tomorrow after you have had time to process it all and get some rest.

I hope you don't drink over it because he is not worth it...you deserve to be sober and healthy for yourself. You want to stay clear minded in this situation. Thinking of you and I am here for you if you want to talk....I will be on for the next couple of hours. Hugs and love to you.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope tempers will cool Penkins.
Learning to deal with conflict sober is a tough ask, but you're doing well

D
Old 11-20-2014, 07:02 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Thanks team A for your encouragement and words. Still feel down. But i did not drink. I don't like feeling this way. I'd rather be drunk so i don't feel this. But I'm sober and feeling every bit of it. So i think I'm gonna take a sleeping pill and try to just sleep it off. I figure a sleeping pill is better than drinking. Leaser of two evils. Goodnight team!
Old 11-21-2014, 02:47 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Happy Friday!

Well done Penkins!

Ok, task for today. Check in with a highlight from your thanksgiving sober plan.

I am bringing kayaks, paddle boards, plenty of coffee and downloaded books. And running gear.

Visualizing driving home sober and proud after holiday.

Going to focus on actually being thankful for my life and everything in it.

Go kill it today guys!
Old 11-21-2014, 03:07 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great stuff Penkins

D