Administrator

yes - excitement is building to fever pitch in some quarters PP

D
Old 11-19-2014, 11:06 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pinklinzangel View Post
welcome Paulina!!!
Thank you so much!

I am officially quit July 21, but not really because i blipped on August 26th. Interestingly, had some wine, made an angry call to an ex bf (self righteous, pompous, all of that), couldn't sleep that night, felt crappy the next day.

It all piled right up just like the old embarrassing days. Still fragile.

This group/thread is really great & supportive - love it!
Old 11-19-2014, 11:06 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Great work Pink! 12 Weeks! I'm confident you're going to be just fine on your vacation. We all have to break associations eventuallly and you're in a great spot to tackle this.

Welcome Paulina!

Nothing new on my end. I'm off for a bit around Thanksgiving and am trying to organize my home office / basement. I'll begin running again in Dec / Jan.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:07 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thinking and believing in those who are having a difficult journey.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:08 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

paulina its a really supportive group, I think you'll like it. so you're racking up nearly 90 days since your blip, that's fantastic!!! well done :-)
Old 11-19-2014, 11:10 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

ultra - thank you my friend, I hope you have a productive day :-) x
Old 11-19-2014, 11:22 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

lol... oops, i guess lalala means not listening. i thought it was singing!

night all!
Old 11-19-2014, 11:25 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Thanks Ultra and Pink!

Pink love the Danger Sign...yup!
Old 11-20-2014, 02:59 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Happy Thursday!

Welcome to the crew Paulina!

1step, bb and captain, try and pause to reflect a bit. Once it is inside you, it is so hard to get positive and break away again. I find it helps to simply be alone for a minute and ask myself who I want to be in this life. I think of my friends and family and reflect on my original posts here. Remember, alcohol always takes you on the same tour. You don't have to stay on the tour bus this time, you can get off at the next stop.

Been at a two day corporate event. Told many folks when the opportunity was appropriate that I gave up beer and alcohol. Just said I mad some positive life changes and that was one. I smile confidently and say it just doesn't fit anymore for many reasons. The trick is to mean it and for them to see the confident glow and resolve that subtly dares a poke or a question to come.

I think they sense that I will respond with an alarming lack of restraint, but in a nice way. Hard to convey this right now actually, but I wanted to share that the fear of public ridicule is a joke if you embrace the sober choice as something that is so life affirming and positive that it is your new religion. I see it makes them want what you now have. They actually feel silly for drinking...

I am not this insecure, ashamed, wanting to 'fit in' alcoholic. I am an intelligent person that has the courage to go his own way and reject something so ridiculous in our culture.

After all, sober is the new hipster cool daddy o.
Old 11-20-2014, 03:07 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

determind what a great post.
you're right, we made this decision, it takes balls and its bloody hard work - own that triumph!!! hats off to you my friend, have a great day xx
Old 11-20-2014, 04:14 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Good morning,

Pink, what color are you dying your hair?
Great post, determined!
My thoughts are with those of you struggling today. Try again.
I am on my way out the door to walk/jog.

Have a safe and happy sober day my friends!
Old 11-20-2014, 04:25 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by determined99 View Post
Happy Thursday!

Welcome to the crew Paulina!

1step, bb and captain, try and pause to reflect a bit. Once it is inside you, it is so hard to get positive and break away again. I find it helps to simply be alone for a minute and ask myself who I want to be in this life. I think of my friends and family and reflect on my original posts here. Remember, alcohol always takes you on the same tour. You don't have to stay on the tour bus this time, you can get off at the next stop.

Been at a two day corporate event. Told many folks when the opportunity was appropriate that I gave up beer and alcohol. Just said I mad some positive life changes and that was one. I smile confidently and say it just doesn't fit anymore for many reasons. The trick is to mean it and for them to see the confident glow and resolve that subtly dares a poke or a question to come.

I think they sense that I will respond with an alarming lack of restraint, but in a nice way. Hard to convey this right now actually, but I wanted to share that the fear of public ridicule is a joke if you embrace the sober choice as something that is so life affirming and positive that it is your new religion. I see it makes them want what you now have. They actually feel silly for drinking...

I am not this insecure, ashamed, wanting to 'fit in' alcoholic. I am an intelligent person that has the courage to go his own way and reject something so ridiculous in our culture.

After all, sober is the new hipster cool daddy o.
I'm hear you determined! I have a similar approach.

After all, who can argue with the statement, "I've made some changes to be (insert positive word here: happier, healthier, closer to the person I want to be . . .)? Stating this in a positive, confident way is also key.

I usually end with a joke, "Maybe I'm having a mid-life crisis! Got a pacemaker, decided to run an Ultra, stopped drinking- who knows what I'll be up to next?" This eases the conversation onto other topics and keeps the mood light ("What's an Ultra?", "So- what are you guys doing next?").

Maybe I should end with, "After all, a wise sage once say "Sobriety is the new Hipster Cool!"
Old 11-20-2014, 04:58 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hello TeamAugust!

Welcome Paulina!

Just checking in in my way to work. It's -7 degrees Celsius right now in Chiberia (our new name for chicago). Trying to stay positive.

Pink - congrats on the house and would love to see pics of your new hair do. I have long hair but thinking of chopping it all off to go with the new sober, newly divorced moi.

Max - hope today is better. I have stayed in negative work situations longer than was healthy for me. Good for u for recognizing it as a bad situation and not putting up with it. I know something better will come along.

London - I am with you on needing a bucket of Starbucks! We are into the holiday red cups with peppermint mochas, eggnog lattes, ... Mmmmm...also been treating myself to fancy teas. Hope today is top drawer for you.

Determined - loved your post

Apple - glad you had a fun snow day with your kids - I miss those days

Christina and BBF 1stepup - keep on keepin on you are doing great - this is not easy and it is not a straight path but don't ever give up

Ultra - hope ur day is productive - I am hoping to organize this weekend - feels great to clean house

Scooter - enjoy ur day - r u still doing the exercise challenge?

CuteNGayYay - how u doin? Check in when u can

#TeamAugust #HipsterSoberCool #SobrietyisBAE

Last edited by Grateful11; 11-20-2014 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Add
Old 11-20-2014, 05:50 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Well I'm in the hairdressers chair...... Thinking of a blonde / pink / purple / blue ombre..... Will see if I have the courage as the stages progress. So far bleach is on. I'm sitting here relaxing, reading, drinking coffee, I needed this me time, and it's great to catchup on the thread too. Will post a pic later whether good or bad!!!
Old 11-20-2014, 06:07 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Morning of day 5. Hi everyone

Pink can't wait to see your hair!!

1step and Choobie hope the appointments go well

Have a great day all!!!
Old 11-20-2014, 06:42 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Way to go on 12 weeks pink!

I'm doing well today. Hopefully that carries through the weekend!
Old 11-20-2014, 06:55 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Yah pink - 12 weeks! Amazeballs! Enjoy the hair.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Welcome Paulina!!

Congrats on 12 weeks Pink !!!