Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 13

Old 12-05-2014, 04:09 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Pink 100 Scooter 112 (I know how much this means to you) !!.. and everyone else keep it going you all are an inspiration and example of how the sober life delivers everything alcohol could only promise (but never deliver) !
Old 12-05-2014, 04:09 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Hi gang! Been a while since I checked in, but don't worry- I have been good (well, sober, at least). I am nearly at 120 days (2 to go, I think... stupid day calculator on my phone only shows months now). So... 118 days now?

I wish things were getting better/easier or brighter in my life in general, but I am pushing through everything. On a happy note, it turns out I am a hell of a manager- I got promoted (ironically) right at the worst of my 'nadir', and then, within a week or two, went into detox (all on the sly). Well, turns out I am a hell of a good one. My team is crushing every other team, and I did it with it only 3/5 complete/full with employees.

Now... if only my MARRIAGE was doing as well...

Anyone- thoughts and prayers are always appreciated. I'll try to check back on Day 120. Later SR's!
Old 12-05-2014, 04:14 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Sorry I've been so quiet just been crazy busy with work, family stuff, holiday prep, etc etc. But alcohol is simply not an option in all of this thank God and thanks to you all !!
Old 12-05-2014, 04:46 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hobbers View Post
Hi gang! Been a while since I checked in, but don't worry- I have been good (well, sober, at least). I am nearly at 120 days (2 to go, I think... stupid day calculator on my phone only shows months now). So... 118 days now?

I wish things were getting better/easier or brighter in my life in general, but I am pushing through everything. On a happy note, it turns out I am a hell of a manager- I got promoted (ironically) right at the worst of my 'nadir', and then, within a week or two, went into detox (all on the sly). Well, turns out I am a hell of a good one. My team is crushing every other team, and I did it with it only 3/5 complete/full with employees.

Now... if only my MARRIAGE was doing as well...

Anyone- thoughts and prayers are always appreciated. I'll try to check back on Day 120. Later SR's!
Praying for Grace and Love in your marriage Hobbers. Heart-felt congratulations on 118 days! Things would be so much darker and harder if we were still drinking. Do something special for yourself. Love and hugs, Chris
Old 12-05-2014, 05:52 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

London, massive congrats on 4 months!

It's my birthdayyyyyyyyyyyyy! !!!!!!! And it's my 100th day!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'm in Thailand! !!!!!!!! What a perfect day.....wasn't sure I'd make it, but here I am baby.....Thanks guys xxxxxxx
Old 12-05-2014, 06:44 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Administrator

It took me a while to get my life together Hobbers - don't get discouraged
congrats Pink

D
Old 12-05-2014, 07:03 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Day 34! 1 slip/69 days! Things are going well! Dealing a lot of stress. I haven't been walking or anything. I think the stress is settling in the muscles on my back. I'm following the advice of done of you and am going to pamper myself tomorrow. I'm getting a massage...and I can't wait! Had another good night enjoying the hornets game without drinking. My husband is really unhappy right now, I'm not going to get sucked in..,he says he's lonely, we haven't been going out to bars together since I stopped drinking. That's where he would socialize with people. He's feeling lonely. I'm going to stay focused and take care of myself.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:41 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

London 4 months and Pink what a way to celebrate 100 !!
Old 12-05-2014, 11:57 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Good morning from London.

Wow, yes 4 months. To be honest I almost forgot! As I have been focused on 150 as my next milestone. But I am really happy you guys said congrats as now I can get my AA chip at the next chip meeting! Thanks guys for your support. I don't think I could keep doing this without SR.

I had a great gift to coincide with 4 months. All my blood work and liver tests are clear. I am so so grateful for this. It has strengthened me a lot.

Pink - congrats on 100! Woo-hoo. And happy birthday! I hope you are having a wonderful time in Thailand.

Scooter - well done on 112. Go you!

Have a great day SR family! Will check in later. Heading to Saturday AA this morning. It's cold and crisp outside and I will enjoy the walk.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:47 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your milestone and your good news sthlondonab

D
Old 12-06-2014, 04:15 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Quick howdy do on this fine sober Saturday morning!

Going to a big Christmas party later. Designated driver and darn happy to be.

"Blood clean, body lean and mind sharp" Henry Rollins quote of the day.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:04 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

London big congrats on your 4 month milestone Sobriety is getting to be a habit

That's fantastic about your blood test results. I know the feeling well. That was my motivation too as mine were off the charts and that'll scare the hell out of you for sure. Amazing how resilient that organ is considering how we abused it. Now we can look forward to a healthy liver to take us well into old age!!!!
Old 12-06-2014, 05:19 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

London, congrats!! Glad you are doing well and staying strong!
Old 12-06-2014, 06:43 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Do your best

Class of august your all Awesome
Old 12-06-2014, 07:36 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Pink

Congrats on 100- or depending on what time zone you are in, maybe you are at 111 by now?

When you go back to the UK, do you loose a day?

Hmmm, bummer. But maybe in that case you get to celebrate your 100 all over again???

Oh the joys of being a world traveler!!
Old 12-06-2014, 10:45 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Hello, Everyone!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HAPPY 100 Pink!!!

I went to the Y, then to five craft fairs this morning with a few friends. I am home to walk Scooter and rest, then off to a neighbor's 4:00 Christmas party....appetizers and desserts. I will stick to my dieting story if anyone asks why I am not drinking.

Have a happy, safe and sober day everyone!
Old 12-06-2014, 11:36 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Good news on the blood work London. And think- you are never going to have to worry about this again! Also, great example of how focusing on the next "big" goal (150 in your case) Can be son effective.

I was in New York City for the Christmas Show this am (treat from my parents to our children). Alcohol was being served in the venue- and no shortage of takers. The show was at 9 am. So glad it's not my world anymore.

My world is going to the bathroom with my son prior to lunch, and finding that someone at the table had already asked the server to bring me a large bottle of sparking water.

I like this world better.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:23 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Pink and HAPPY 100 days! Inspirational, amazing, awesome job!!!
Old 12-06-2014, 03:24 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Administrator

New part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-14-a.html
D