Notices

Class of March 2013 part 34

Old 11-18-2014, 09:00 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Haha sorry for not being sorry trach, gainful employment has a way of sucking up your time.

Gilmer, I just noticed your quote! I looooovveee simon and garfunkel. Bridge over troubled water makes me cry and think of my mom, because it made her cry and think of her mom, who used to play it on her organ. Intergenerational happy tears.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:32 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

That's my favorite song of all time.

Feel free to call me Glimmer! I have been called much worse!
Old 11-18-2014, 11:46 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Congrats, Trachy!!

Sas, I don't understand the talk about a community not taking you because of a 15 year past medical condition...but then, I haven't been keeping up that well, now have I? I've run it through all my past experiences filter, and I got nothin'.

Now I need to find a job.

Next.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:16 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Congrats, Trachy!!

Sas, I don't understand the talk about a community not taking you because of a 15 year past medical condition...but then, I haven't been keeping up that well, now have I? I've run it through all my past experiences filter, and I got nothin'.

Now I need to find a job.

Next.
Bimini, docs can be different creatures, lol! Because I had congestive heart failure and most people don't recover from it, they insist on keeping it as a currently active diagnosis even when it's not active! Sigh! There is no way of knowing if it will ever come back before something else causes me to croak but there is always a chance - probably slightly higher than someone my age who has never had it. As I've learned, lots of things can get us and so it doesn't make much sense to focus on one thing, IMHO!
Old 11-18-2014, 01:52 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers. Congratulations Trachy you star! Now let's talk an awning for our back sliding glass door, I did have a local company quote on it but if you can get the new boss to fly you out here I'll pick you up at the airport!

Sass isn't it aggravating when conditions are kept "active" when they are not? Mr Marcher has this with a couple of diagnoses he has had, they were correct at the time but are no longer a problem.

Bimini it's good to see you back and posting!

I know we shouldn't wish our lives away but I've started counting down to Dec 24th because that's when we start our annual fortnight off. I really need it this year.

Have a good day peeps.
Old 11-18-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Guess what? I'm two for two! I am now part-time Event Staff for the biggest such company in Georgia. I'll be working pro and college sporting events, concerts, such and so forth. Not big money three days a month will pay for my utilities.

I need to find another interview for tomorrow...
Old 11-18-2014, 04:04 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Okay, Sas, that part I understood.

But my obsessive nature wants to understand...what "community" has any say over letting you in or not based on a medical condition, past or present?
Old 11-18-2014, 04:45 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Bimini, it's a very nice retirement community. They aren't free! This one is the "life care" type so monthly fees go up by inflation but stay the same no matter if one is in independent living, assisted living or skilled nursing care. So the insurance company has decreed that anyone entering with one of 9 diagnosis codes, has to pay full fees for assisted and skilled nursing care and they are very expensive ... Skilled nursing care is typically about $10,000 per month but way, way less in a normal life care community. Statistically people with one of the nasty 9 are more likely to die within 3 years. The sad part is that it's not very valid to apply statistical results to a particular individual. The retirement community does financially better the longer everyone stays in independent living since the base monthly fee is usually higher than cost whereas assisted and skilled nursing cost way more than the monthly cost.

Now that I've probably totally confused everyone including myself ... I think I'll drop the discourse on the intricacies of continuing care retirement communities!
Old 11-18-2014, 04:48 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Sass, you just described Obamacare.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:52 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Trachy, congrats! You are an awesome turtle!
Old 11-18-2014, 04:54 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Sass, you just described Obamacare.
Nah, Obamacare would be cheaper!
Old 11-18-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Lots of congratulations are in order I see.

Way to go Trach on the job(s)! That will keep you busy. Hope your culinary activities don't suffer. Maybe you better stock up the freezer just in case. I'd hate to see you resorting to pot pies like Ken and me.

That's awesome Venus! Your counselor sounds like a very kind person. I'm impressed with his work with Bette Ford. I always was in awe of her admitting to her problem at a time no women in that position would have probably done it. Talk about courage. Can you even imagine how hard that must of been? I think we all have to be open to all sorts of things that help us. Generally most people don't get better starting off thinking of all things they won't do. I think it's much easier to just say I'll give everything my best shot. How else do you know what's working for you if you don't try? And I know I couldn't go with what was just easiest or most comfortable. I had to have those things that challenged me and my crazy thinking. I still do. I don't do a great job at it but I try to look at hard things as having a lesson in them too. It took me awhile to be able to differentiate my feelings of I just wasn't comfortable vs. it wasn't working. Figuring out my honest feelings was one of the hardest things for me to do at first. Everything either was pissed off, scared, or not pissed off or not scared. Not much to pick from. Now I get a whole gamut of them and I can sort of figure what it is I'm really feeling. And I'm okay with all of them. None stick around longer then they should if I do that. Keep us posted! I know I will learn something from you.

You too Sass! That's was record breaking speed on the letting go of the control and stress of your situation. Great job! You are absolutely right. It will work out the way it is suppose to. Sometimes solutions we don't orchestrate turn out to be the best ones. Sometimes they are too. Look at your little zen kitty. She doesn't stress about what tomorrow brings. She just handles today best she can. As most things in life do. We seem to be the only things on this planet complicating everything.

I'm kind of thinking your heart is doing pretty good considering it's been 15 years. In fact you are so springy that place may be too slow for you! You may want to look at a island resort with sailing and scuba diving!

Uh We. You described my pretty much nightly ritual of wine drinking. Oh buddha how 5 or 6 out of 7 days a week I woke up hungover. I'm pretty sure in the last 12 years of my two jobs I had before I quit drinking I was hungover every single day. Got up and worked anyway but it wasn't fun. Lovely.

Reminds me. Our company Christmas party will be coming up and it will be my 2nd one of not having the risk of making an a** of myself. It was always a risk even though I generally preferred to keep on the down low in public and then let all hell broke loose at home by myself. Those last years of my drinking certainly had nothing to do with partying. It was all about get home by myself and then bringing it on. Even friend previously known as manfriend never really saw just how I could put it down.

Oh. He's still my friend. He missed my friendship and truth be told I missed his. I just said the only way I could do it was we are just friends and don't cross that boundary. He respects my boundaries and I've learned I can actually set boundries with people and stick to them. There's a first. I'm actually pretty proud of myself about that one. I always said I can handle the truth better than bullsh*t. I proved myself right. I handled the truth just fine.

Oh well. Too much blabbing.
Have a good one everybody!!

xoxo
Old 11-18-2014, 06:49 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

C'mon let's mix our...loves...fetishes...HOBBIES, that's the word I was looking for!

Old 11-18-2014, 07:02 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

C'mon let's mix our...loves...fetishes...HOBBIES, that's the word I was looking for!
Trachy, you just outdid yourself! Way out into orbit in another galaxy

Spaghetti and meatball shoes have to take the grand prize.

Shoes, thanks for your kind words. I've been on SR. since May 2012 so hope I've at least learned a few things.
Old 11-18-2014, 07:04 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Shoes, oh and don't forget the cabana boys
Old 11-18-2014, 07:04 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Sass, having lived out there...I'm comfortable.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:23 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I really think this needs to be someone's avatar. shoes????

I ended my relationship with my boyfriend last night.
It was hard, but it was necessary.
I crashed and burned over the pain all of this caused me for a long time.
Time for a little self-respect.
Time to do things differently.

V xx
Old 11-19-2014, 01:55 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

(((Vc))). Even when it's of your own choosing we still grieve over the death of a relationship. Allow yourself that, don't try to rush beyond it.

Trachy that shoe is awesome but my dog would never leave it alone!

Shoes, I'm with you on Betty Ford. There was an article on Sky news yesterday, I only caught the end of it, but about the heavy solo drinking of retired women, it is getting to be an epidemic. Women need to bring this drinking problem into the light, it will only become worse as we now have a generation of 30/40 something's who grew up in the 'ladette' culture of drinking disgracefully in public. What will they be drinking like in their 60's if their mindset remains the same? And what of the drinking moms like Duffs friend?
We as a society have swept the issue of alcohol reliance under the carpet for too long, we absolutely have to stop doing that and bring it into the spotlight, however harsh.

Trachy awesome sauce dude, two jobs! Now you are a sober man of means, watch out for those lady turtles looking to get into your shell!!!

Gilmer, I bet you get some shotguns!

Hugs and Happy Hump Day all. Me n the mutt have to go for a jog. ( hobble, pant, stagger wheeze)
Old 11-19-2014, 03:11 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

(((Venus))), you are moving right along, friend. Breaking up a relationship is usually far from easy even when we know it's the best thing to do. I'm happy to see you are taking positive steps for your recovery!
Old 11-19-2014, 03:13 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hmmm, dear Toots - does that mean Molly is hobbling and staggering while you are panting and wheezing?! :-)