Notices

Class of March 2013 part 34

Old 11-17-2014, 10:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Good interview today. I may be an awning maker by tomorrow. And get this: a non-drinking company by policy. Understandable considering the work.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:05 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Trachy, yep - I'd sure hate to be a customer that gets a brand-new awning made by someone who was impaired!

We and Duff, nothing is certain yet but my friggin' PCP is including my 18-year-ago diagnosis of heart failure in the medical forms as a "current" health issue ... I've "only" been back to normal for the past 15 years. This is one of the diagnoses on the red flag list for the community I hoped to move to. They would probably still take me but I might have to pay wheelbarrows full of money I don't have. I'm anxiously waiting to hear but it could be the end of this month until I know. Bummer (possibly) but I've needed to learn how to more calmly accept the roadblocks of life and move on as needed. I just am not quite there yet :-(. It is possible that it could still work out though there are no guarantees!
Old 11-17-2014, 11:42 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Marchers!

Will probably be more active posting-wise now that we’re in full-tile-boogie winter (and have been for weeks) in my part of the country and likely to remain so until mid- to late April. Less light and bitter cold are triggers for me, and last winter was a challenge of the first order (broken ribs didn’t help). Feeling fine now, just on guard. Vitamin D? Check. Trip down south planned? Check. Outdoor activities planned? Check.

Trach, great news about a sober job! Let us know when they make the offer.

Sassy, I really hope you are able to get where you need to be with this community. They will be lucky to have you.

WeHav, hope you are on the mend. Do you have outside activities planned for this winter? Your advice last year really helped. I was out a lot when it was sunny and it made a difference in the severity of my winter depression. This year we are going dog-sledding (not with our own dogs, though). Also, a lot more snow-shoeing.

Venus, good for you on going with RecoverOZ. Keep us posted, and it is wonderful to have you back.

DD, I have always wanted to do a cruise, but husband not so much. National Geographic sponsors cruises that I would love to take part in, though they are VERY pricey.

Speaking of cruises, how was the dump, Marcher?

Babs, my friend, please let us know how you are.

Ditto, Life.

Big love to all Marchers!
Old 11-17-2014, 02:14 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers Reading North's description above made me shiver. Outside my wide open screened window there is shade from the palm trees on the deck and the sails we have under the clear roof there, then there is full on sunshine. The wind chimes are tinkling gently, I can hear a neighbour's lawnmower, there is a small rustle on the deck as a lizard (or something!) moves. I wish I could bottle it for you North.

Wehav that was so good the way you talked about how you felt.

Sass I can imagine your current frustration, let's hope it pans out well.

Trachy if you are going to end up doing awnings let your boss know there is a household job in Australia!

Have a good day peeps.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:15 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

EMPLOYED! Woohoo! Ran to the store to get celebration materials! Meatloaf and mashed potatoes! Y'all can look us up! fabricawnings.com Softek Awnings!
Old 11-17-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS TRACHY!!!!!! This is news to celebrate!! SO happy for you! Sounds like a good celebration meal -- enjoy it
Old 11-17-2014, 03:55 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Trachy, congrats!!!

It's so nice to find alternative ways to celebrate.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:34 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Woo Hoo Trach ~ that's fantastic!!!

And so is this:

Good morning Marchers Reading North's description above made me shiver. Outside my wide open screened window there is shade from the palm trees on the deck and the sails we have under the clear roof there, then there is full on sunshine. The wind chimes are tinkling gently, I can hear a neighbour's lawnmower, there is a small rustle on the deck as a lizard (or something!) moves. I wish I could bottle it for you North.
I can feel the breeze, and hear the wind chimes, and what's that? Is that some of Marcher's incredible cooking wafting awesomely from the kitchen?
Old 11-17-2014, 04:38 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Oh Sass ~ how crazy. I hope it works out for you love.
It has taken a while to find this place, one that feels right...I hope they realise how out-of-date that medical information is. (((hugs)))

Hope you feel better wehav sweety. ♥♥

North...all of you...it is really, really good to be back here.
During my relapse I told myself that I didn't miss people, and I didn't belong anyway.
What a crock.

OK...the builder outside is on a break. No buzz saw for a bit.
I will call the guy from RecoverOZ.

Love V xx
Old 11-17-2014, 04:41 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hello Duff (((hugs))) ♥♥♥
Old 11-17-2014, 05:21 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Wow...just as I was about to call, the counsellor called me.
This man is unbelievable...he has run almost every major rehab in this country.
As well as worked with Betty Ford...

His words, he believes in symbiosis, and even though I cannot afford private counselling right now, he is going to see me anyway. Next Monday morning.

V xx
Old 11-17-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

(((Venus))), that's great! Just goes to show that we never know what will happen when we try.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:00 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Wow Venus, that's great news!!!

Marcher, wonderful description. You really know how to write so we feel we are with you. I could use some palm trees right now. To think I took them for granted as a kid...

Sass that sucks. Can you get the doctor to be more clear, let them know you've been asymptomatic for 15 years? Fingers crossed for you.

Trachy congrats on the job, wooohoooo! Is that in addition to your business venture? Wow.

North, good to see more of you buddy. Looks like you have a fantastic winter plan. Yes, getting out in it helps my little soul a lot. I still hate winter at first, though. So I get used to it between now and December 20, when I fly home for Christmas and spend 3 weeks in SoCal. Then I come back for the winter hike series. I sign up to volunteer, so it becomes mandatory. I'm expected to lead a group, so I can't just wake up and say I don't feel like it. Then February is maple time. I'm praying for a sap run in 2015! This feb it was too cold for too long.

Long story, but that's the winter plan. And be here more again. That really helped last year too.

I don't quit posting in summer because I love you guys less. I just love being outside and my recovery needs lots of kayak time.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:50 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi All,

Still have gremlins in my CPU. Have to reboot every 10 minutes, it keeps freezing, will post more as soon as I figure it out.

Trach, congrats on new job!
Old 11-18-2014, 02:59 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Quick hi guys before I head to the bus, I'm fgping into town to sign on along with the great unwashed of Dundee. Yes I am a work shy scrounged stealing your taxes!

Trachy congratulations my sweet turtle, I am so happy for you! Guess what? I found a thread you didn't make shotgun on!!! Woohoo!! (Neither did I though)

VC fingers crossed for your counselling session, keep reaching out, it proves you think something of yourself, that you think you are worth saving. Something the rest of us already knew x

Thanks for the glimpse of paradise Marcher I need it, dreich again here ( or should I say still!)

Sass fingers zed for good news

North, while I don't wish the glums on anyone in any degree of severity, I am glad your toolbox includes being around us more often for purely selfish reasons of course!

Babs? Life?

Catch the rest of you later xx
Old 11-18-2014, 03:20 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Trach

D
Old 11-18-2014, 05:37 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Good morning, Marchers!

Marcher, where are you? I missed your always delightful morning post!

Toots, always nice to see you pop in 😊

North, I agree with Toots. You do whatever you need to in order to beat the winter blahs! I'm always happy to see you.

We, ditto North. I'm happy even if we get you for the winter months. You and North always add lots of good vibes and thoughts to this thread.

V, please keep up updated on your new counselor.

Last night's AA meeting was especially appropriate for me. We had a speaker who focused on acceptance and how the more he tried to control things the worse they got. I've been doing a lot of mulling and have calmed down a lot. If this community does make an issue of something that has been fine for 15 years, then it may not be the best option for me. In all the research I did, I found other places and communities that work differently and I might be happier at one of those. So if it falls through, I am planning to stay where I am for a bit and then start evaluating again. If I don't find a place I like, there are other options, too. Yea for acceptance!
Old 11-18-2014, 06:42 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Thanks for all the congrats, folks. You know what this means, don't you? Not as many shotguns.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:50 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Thanks for all the congrats, folks. You know what this means, don't you? Not as many shotguns.
WooHoo
Old 11-18-2014, 07:30 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Not as many shotguns.
You loss is my gain, sucker!

Seriously, big congratulations!