Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 5

Old 11-15-2014, 08:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

The joint Birthday party was a success. I am now exhausted though! Had a fabulous time chatting with family. Got a new and slightly odd knitting project from my sister in law I plan to start on Monday.

Gotta get some sleep now! Night all!
Old 11-15-2014, 09:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Morning all.
Early start for me.
Out for the day "Car Booting".
No time to explain to the "foreigners". Google it if you need to.
Chat later. Best wishes to all.

I'm Grateful(ish) that I'm Up at 5.00 AM.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:03 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hope you got some good sales today Sparkos.
I am taking your lead, and getting up at 5 tomorrow, and I will go do my job.
I will not find out until later in the day if I still even have a job.
I have whinged all over SR about this ~ but it's not easy to not know what is going on when you're broke and in early recovery.

Very early night for me. (I promise).

Thinking of all of you.

V xx
Old 11-16-2014, 12:07 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope all turns out OK, V.

D
Old 11-16-2014, 02:27 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

V, I hope it works out ok! Good thoughts to you. It's Sunday morning here. I have a stomach virus or ate something bad yesterday. Joints hurting terribly. Upset stomach all night. I've been so miserable. I drank and I didn't even care. Just wanted to ease the pain, I think.Not proud of it, and feeling down,(and sick). Pretty dumb move.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:43 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Oh JL....I am sorry you are sick
It seems that it becomes an inherent reaction for us to drink when things go wrong.
But we can change this.
It's not easy, I know.
But we can.
You can.

Hopefully today will be better for you, and you can gather your thoughts and be strong.
Use whatever tools you need.

I know from my perspective ~ getting through a tough day sober makes me feel better.
I hope today can be a brand new day for you.

And thank you for your good thoughts...it helps a lot.

Nite all,

Love V xx
Old 11-16-2014, 06:45 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Stay cool Dee. I missed where you posted about that temp, but have figured out we are talking about weather, not a fever, right?

Briar, I hope you daughter feels better now that she has the right treatment on board. You should all sleep better if her cough quiets.

I had a good day yesterday and am at 8 days sober. We were out until around 8, bringing my daughter and 2 friends to a movie and taking our little guy out to dinner while they were in the movies. He is a comics fan, and he also got to check out the brand new Newbury Comics store at the mall there. Got himself 2 new comics.

The nice part of driving the teens around is we get to know the friends. These two seem very nice, one a boy, one a girl. The boy is a bit quiet, as they can be, but seems smart and witty. And the girls is an absolute perky, chatty delight. She seems good for my daughter. very positive, happy go lucky.

Came home and hubby proceeded to get into the beers. It was nice for me to not be dwelling on getting home to drink, frankly. My husband's experience was probably different. I went to bed when he got annoying.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:54 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Good morning phoebe, I want to pass along a huge dose of encouragement and congratulations to you on your 8 days. I have to say that I'm very fortunate that my spouse basically doesn't drink. Virtually all of the major family gatherings are alcohol free too. I can only imagine how much more difficult this journey would be for me if there was a fridge full of beer. I wish you all the strength possible to stay the course and hope your Sunday is a good one.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:36 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Sunday morning roll call time! It's great to hear the wins. But we also need to celebrate the ties and do-overs. Our only failures are forfeits, right? If you're feeling like you're losing, hop back in the game!

Enough sports metaphors for now, lol.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:47 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Good morning everyone. My daughter wasn't up until after daylight broke this morning, so that was a nice treat. She was restless and upset for a while during the night, so I slept on her floor for several hours to comfort her. Not the most comfortable spot, but better than getting up and walking down the hall every time she cried. This morning she's carrying on as chipper as a bird. You'd never know she's sick.

I'm starting to come down with a cold now, but I have a lot to do today. Will try not to overdo it. Things really pile up when I'm not feeling well.

JL I'm sorry you're sick, that's no good. I know that backward logic of drinking when I'm sick. This head cold sure is reminding me of all the hot toddies I convinced myself would help, and didn't. A couple years ago I learned that even a small amount of alcohol lowers your immune system, so drinking is one of the worst things you can do when you're sick. Did that stop me? Nope!

Venus I'm sorry you're having trouble with work. That must be very unsettling. You're handling this stress like a champ, though. This too shall pass, and you will be stronger for it.

Phoebe that does sound very hard having beer around. At least your belligerent husband is there to remind you why drinking is not good.

ChickChick I hope you enjoy your knitting project. I like to crochet but haven't been able to do it much with a toddler always trying to help.

Anyway, now she's here demanding every second of my attention, so time to go start on the 45 things she has requested in the last three minutes. I hope everyone has a good day!
Old 11-16-2014, 11:13 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Phobe congrats on 8 days.
Briar take care of yourself, I hope you feel better soon!
I've got a kid throwing up today. So we are chillin' and watching Phineas & Ferb.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
Good morning everyone. My daughter wasn't up until after daylight broke this morning, so that was a nice treat. She was restless and upset for a while during the night, so I slept on her floor for several hours to comfort her. Not the most comfortable spot, but better than getting up and walking down the hall every time she cried. This morning she's carrying on as chipper as a bird. You'd never know she's sick.

I'm starting to come down with a cold now, but I have a lot to do today. Will try not to overdo it. Things really pile up when I'm not feeling well.

Phoebe that does sound very hard having beer around. At least your belligerent husband is there to remind you why drinking is not good.
Thanks Briar. Glad your little one is feeling improved. I hope you get a good night's sleep in your won bed for the whole night tonight.

In some defence of my hubby, he is not belligerent. Sorry if I made it sound that way. He was getting a little slurry and chatty, and if I am not in the same state, it annoys me. He thinks he becomes so wise and insightful, lol. I am sure I have *never* behaved that way, as I have stated before.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Phobe my hubby is the same way. He talks and talks. I was never like that either, nope not me!

Hubby and I did talk the other night and he told me he's done drinking at home. Which is very, very good for me. I really don't deal well with it in the house.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:49 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Watching veggie tales, baking cookies ! May be getting a call tomorrow for a job interview. Job with benefits !!! Ive been doing work with no benefits for the past 2-3 yrs. Praying for a step forward, to take some of the load of worry off.
Not drinking today. Still feeling bad, but drinking was dumb dumb!
I hope everyones days going well.
Old 11-16-2014, 01:47 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I hope you get the job JL! I'll be crossing my fingers for you. We love veggie tales, maybe I'll get the kids to switch to that for a bit.
I just got some banana bread put in the oven, I can't wait for the whole house to start smelling yummy from it.
Old 11-16-2014, 03:44 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
And thinking of Dee today...going to be 104 (
This is what my brain processed sans coffee this morning, Dee is going to be 104?????? How is that possible?

Thankfully I blinked and read the whole sentence.
Old 11-16-2014, 03:47 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

I only feel 104 BD lol

D
Old 11-16-2014, 04:06 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Got all my out of the house obligations done today, so now I can sort of relax. Went to a party this afternoon, beer everywhere, even my husband had a beer (which I'd say he does about 50% of the time when we go to parties). It bugged me a little, but I told myself I am responsible for myself and can't expect everyone else to change for me. I wasn't really tempted to drink, but I did think about it. I looked at a beer and thought about what it would be like to drink it. Well, when I say "drink" it, what I'd really do is pound two of them where no one could see me and then casually sip the third. Then I'd pound another and start hunting through cabinets looking for the liquor. That's how I drink a beer.

So yeah, pretty glad I didn't have that beer.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:38 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Nice job Briar. Parties and get togethers are tough. I'm like bouncing all over the place now at functions. Can't sit still or focus completely on one thing at a time. Like a child. What the heck?

Busy, busy weekend. Felt like I worked the entire time. Caulked the bath tub, moved a huge old school TV out of my house alone into my jeep, moved couch/cushions and vacuumed underneath, went to Home Depot twice, bought and replaced all smoke detectors in the house, roasted a chicken, organized a closet, mixed some music, and watched my two year old son while the wife was away all Saturday. Oh yeah. He's got a cold too just like everyone else's child here.

Not gonna lie. Thought about drinking today. A bunch. Almost 50 days in and here I was telling myself sobriety is only temporary. You'll be drinking eventually. But I don't want to go there. I know what I'm doing is right. And as I sit here on my clean couch I realize it wouldn't have been clean if I had decided to drink.

Pushing on. I hope all of you do too. It's nice we have each other. Good night!
Old 11-16-2014, 05:42 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Drinking was my coping mechanism for dealing with loneliness after a terrible, but much-needed breakup almost 2 years ago.

37 days ago, I began learning to be comfortable in my own skin, accepting myself. Although it's difficult, I have needed quite a bit of time to myself for reflection and have found this little poem to be comforting. I thought some of you might enjoy it too.

How to be Alone by Tanya Davis

I appreciate each of you and am wishing us all a great start to a sober week! Good night, friends.