Notices

Class of November 2014 Part 2

Old 11-13-2014, 12:31 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

And sorry for the double post, but Miss P: That was some serious strength that you showed. GREAT JOB!
Old 11-13-2014, 03:30 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

How is everyone doing this evening? I was having some cravings a little while ago, but I drank some Gatorade (???) and they passed.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:39 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

He said don't do it for me or recognition. Uh... I'm not?

gotta love men

D
Old 11-13-2014, 05:25 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

This is my first day again. I feel sooo done. I have no reason to drink and live this way any longer! I want to be present for the world, my community and me! Thanks for having me!
Old 11-13-2014, 05:28 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back soberella

D
Old 11-13-2014, 05:29 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by josharon View Post
How is everyone doing this evening? I was having some cravings a little while ago, but I drank some Gatorade (???) and they passed.
Great job on not drinking. . Cravings are tough
Old 11-13-2014, 05:29 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hi Soberella
Old 11-13-2014, 06:21 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Just checking in - didn't drink tonight, temptation was very strong after work but made it home.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:08 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Day 10. Hope everyone is havering a peaceful Sober Thursday night.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:10 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Day 4 is almost in the bag. I finally had a full night of sleep last night. Felt great. Otherwise things are going fine. I'm trying to get an appointment with a substance abuse counselor, and I got in touch with someone from my profession/industry who mentors alcoholics. Trying to make some moves!

Originally Posted by MissPerfumado View Post

One observation: perfect strangers are more accepting of the sober me than some people who know (knew?) the drinking me.
This is so true, and I don't get it. The people that know me and have drank with me know I turn into a jackass, but they want to keep doing it?

I also appreciated the comment a couple pages back about "kindling." I had never heard about that before, but I've been reading up and it absolutely makes sense.

Hope everyone gets a good night of sleep.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:19 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Professional zombie fighter

Hi Soberella!

Way to go everybody! Sounds like another day down for a lot of us.

Today was the first day I didn't want a drink at any point. There were little twinges of cravings, but they were minor. I'm starting to have this feeling that's kind of shaped like, "You don't have to drink again," rather than, "You can't drink again." Like ... I don't have to do that to myself. There are other options for getting through the day.

And I'm really starting to appreciate how much calmer and clearer headed I am. It's dramatic already. Especially the "calmer" part. The world hasn't ended in like a week, and it used to end daily.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:41 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

'm glad to see we're all hanging in there tonight, even with the cravings and or temptations.
I wanted to thank you for your warm welcomes back. It really means a lot.
Tonight has been rough. Besides my AV going at me all evening, I almost got into an accident since the highway iced up with the light snow, which only intensified it. I ended up going home and then going back out since I didn't feel being at home would be a good thing all strung up. I am now drinking tea at home.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:51 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Checking in

I'm on day 17 clean from booze and cocaine. Wasn't overly too hard but as I talked about before I'm starting to get that little voice in my head saying it's ok to have a couple. I've had friends call me up asking about parties that are coming up for the holidays and even get me going even more. I made a promise to myself that I'm going to quit for good and I think I just have to keep reminding myself that everytime I get these thoughts I think, I dunno. Anyway today I'm doing good and I'm sober and happy about this choice. For me the hard part of staying sober is now. I have a question for the mods here. Is there a different forum or chat group i should go to for support/chatting or whatever?
Old 11-13-2014, 07:58 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

Not sure what you're asking Josh but I'll give it a try

that period when we start feeling good again and we forget a little of the bad stuff is very very common. The pull of our old life can be strong too. If your old life was all about drinking and whatnot that can be a problem for sure.

I think it's an appropriate topic for this thread.

Of course, if you 'd prefer to start this discussion elsewhere, you're very welcome to start a new thread in the Newcomers or Alcoholism forums too

D
Old 11-14-2014, 01:32 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Good Morning Class of Nov. - it is going to be a great Friday and a great sober weekend! Always a good start getting up early, somewhat clear headed, I'm a bit tired probably due to the lack of all those empty alcohol calories or it could be because I'm old, it's cold out, it's early and I'm going for a sober run haha
Remember, nothing good comes from alcohol and we don't need alcohol to live!!!!
Old 11-14-2014, 02:30 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Recovering

So it's Friday night here... I'm at home whilst all my friends are drinking heading to a party tonight. So tempted to go and buy a 6 pack and show up, but I know i'll drink more than that if I get in my mood and regret it in the mood.

I have set myself a goal of not drinking till next weekend when I fly away on holidays and then try moderation. Tonight is gonna be a tough one!
Old 11-14-2014, 02:38 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hi class, doing well here apart from feeling a bit low, the horrible depressing weather doesn't help, I miss the summer, think I get SAD over the winter. Got a few things planned to do over the weekend and going to make an effort to get out of this funk! Not craving anything though well apart from food! Winter time seems to start off a feeding frenzy in me but the only thing that helps is exercise and I'd much rather sprawl on the couch cuddling my pizza! What's everyone's plans for the weekend? Keep busy class X
Old 11-14-2014, 02:45 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Well it's my 17th day sober so hoping this weekend will be a bit easier than the rest. Hope all is well with every one xxx
Old 11-14-2014, 03:35 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hi all, checking in on another sober, chilly morning (that sounds way worse than it is, ha!) Soberella and Strategery, welcome back. Strategery, I heard GW on NPR the other day and thought of you...love that name so much!

I really need to focus on staying vigilant as the weekend begins. Every time I drink, I regret it. Yet, I almost casually give in to my urges sometimes. I think one of my keys will be staying busy during my "dangerous" times. My 8-year-old is already asking to see "Big Hero 6" again, so maybe it would be best to plan it in the evening. I actually have a lot of people I could reach out to, and a lot of things I could do. It's really about reprogramming my brain to let it know that "you can go out of the house AND do sober things in the evening."
Old 11-14-2014, 03:43 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope everyone is well. Day 11 has started and I'm off to a busy weekend.
My son has a performance tonight I'm busy all day and night.
Grateful to wake up sober and praying for our Class to do well this weekend.