Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 16

Old 12-28-2014, 02:48 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Ladybug2;5101397]I worry that once Abby starts sleeping through the night and I am feeling more rested that old AV will creep back in and start telling me I can have just 1 or 2. That I deserve it because I went 9 months without and just had a baby, etc. Sigh. Will it ever go away?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I kinda feel the same at the moment, Ladybug. I guess the voice gets smaller as we choose to ignore it.

Yesterday in the car, I remembered my old approach - that alcohol DOES sound good because that's how it tricked us into keeping on drinking. Through Euphoric Recall.

We were tricked the first time, we can't afford to let it trick us again.
Old 12-28-2014, 03:15 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

For sure ! If I hadn't had Mum and Dad on the plane , I'm 90% sure I would have had a glass of wine . It never truly ever leaves us . We just have to fight its evil curse on us off.

No matter how confident I am in my sobriety , I know it will only take that one drink , then the **** will well & truly hit the fan for me !

I know it will be game over.

Lucky we have each other cos we can be totally honest here without judgement.
We are all friends & that's what we are here for , to help each other .

Abigail was meant to come to you Ladybug. You will have s wonderful life with your girls if you stay sober . Take it from me , they never forget. Xxxx

Last edited by Dee74; 12-28-2014 at 03:50 PM.
Old 12-28-2014, 03:19 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Do your best

Im glad there are so many julyers

Well done class of july 2013
Old 12-28-2014, 03:30 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Hear hear Wolfy :-) xxxxx
Old 12-28-2014, 06:12 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Anybody else experience this?
It's hard to explain but it's like I've lost my boldness, nerve, sense of calmness and feeling at peace. My first night after starting the new job was sleepless.
Much like when I was battling detox except with out the sweats.

I hope that someday my nerves will calm and I'll be able to relax more.
Almost like my mind is getting used to facing reality again. Uncertainties in life are always going to be there. Just don't want them to wear on me too much.
Old 12-29-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

There have been a few times where I feel "off" or short on my old mojo, Bob. I battled a bit with anxiety a few months back, but reigned it in a bit. But can relate.

Well...I got through today. Expected a bit of peer pressure to drink. It definitely throws people that I'm not voluntarily putting my hand up to drink. Thankfully, the pressure wasn't there tonight.

I expect more hurdles in the next 48 hours. I hope I can make it through, but each time I ask myself, even if I could drink safely, would I...if I was the pre-alcy me? And you know what, the answer (so far) has been no.
Old 12-29-2014, 04:16 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Good on Ya Crois . You know where it's gonna end & it ain't gonna be pretty . Not one person here in SR has ever come back here pleased or nonplussed that they drank . It's only ever remorse ,morose attitudes , sadness & disappointment at having to start at day one again.

You are way worth more than the sadness of going back to a day one . You know how far you have come since your little slip & to your credit , you didn't let it define you , you dusted that crap off & got straight back in the saddle.

I don't know if I could be as strong as you were

I'm so proud of you sweetheart xxxxxx
Old 12-29-2014, 04:24 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((Crois and Bob)))

better days ahead guys

D
Old 12-29-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Bob i get like that with new jobs hopefully youl feel better soon when they see how great you are

I agree Crois i get days where my mojo is a bit off your doing really well

Hi D

(((Snoozy)))
Old 12-29-2014, 04:30 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 12-29-2014, 06:29 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

I had another sleepless night.
Getting ready for bed, really tired tonight.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Administrator

I understand the fear Bob but I hope it settles down soon

D
Old 12-30-2014, 05:31 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Ahhhhh Wolfyyyyy , your gorgeous orange sky makes me smile .
I'm feeling VERY colourful lately ! I just went out & bought myself brightly coloured quilts & sheets . Pinks , yellows greens , oranges , vibrant blues .

I've changed my clothes too , I'm sure it's because I'm so happy lately . Lots of yellows ( my fave colour ) pinks , tye dyed hippy tops & pants lol .

No more blacks or dark colours , they went out with my depression .

Bob , you'll be right mate . Things will get back to normal for you soon & everything will be in sync .

Do some crosswords or something before you go to bed , that always makes me tired , or you could download the scrabble app on your tablet and play me xxx

Old 12-30-2014, 05:39 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Thanks guys.xx Snooz, you are a sweetheart, thank you.

So...I fixed my mind tonight, if I really wanted one, I would have one. But only if I really wanted one. So....We went to dinner, and there was no pressure to drink. Not that I would have given in to pressure, but - i dunno. I didn't want or need to drink really when I was in the actual situation. And once I'd eaten, well that was it....all I could think about was...

DESSERT!

It was kind of funny. I'm in old situations, but the new me is not responding the way I expect - which is great!

I'm not complacent though. Tomorrow night is New Year's Eve and, I'm not going even to pretend to lie. I'd love to be able to have a drink.

I'm going to buy a new outfit and feel great, we are going to get our hair and nails done and dress up. I think if I feel amazing, I just won't want to even drink. That I'll get my high from feeling good and healthy and in control.

I've had 3 wins this past week, if I get through tomorrow....I could just be moving forward. Fingers crossed.

Thank you for your support!
Old 12-30-2014, 03:41 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy New Year everyone

D
Old 12-30-2014, 09:36 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee you too my dear Aussie friend xxx

image.jpg
Old 12-31-2014, 09:30 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Happy New Year, Julyers!!!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2015, 07:38 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Happy New Year to my July friends! Wishing all of you a sober and healthy 2015.

Stayed home last night and had a nice steak dinner. I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the champagne We were all asleep by 11 and missed seeing the ball drop so a bit disappointed about that. It's hard with 2 little ones - hubby and I have been exhausted.

Off to my mom's later for her traditional pork & sauerkraut good luck dinner!
Old 01-01-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Happy New Year!
LB, I was asleep by 11:30.
I just could stay up after getting up at 5 am this week for work.
Old 01-02-2015, 01:51 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Hello everyone -

Would have posted earlier but I was having trouble with the phone app. Seems to be working better now so Happy New Year everyone!

Spent New Year's Eve at home. Nothing new - years ago I stopped going out for New Year's Eve. So it was easy not to drink - no booze in the house and no temptation to go out and drink.

I made it through the holidays! Can't remember the last time I did (last year, meaning 2013, my family's big xmas gathering did me in)

On to a sober 2015!

Now if I could just get rid of this darn cold! Thought I had it beat, was feeling better all day yesterday but now it's back. Ugh!

Back to work on Friday after being off since December 15th. Back at 6 hours a day - the Dr. still hasn't released me to go back full time after my surgery. Even with my cold I'm going in at least for a little while because everyone else in my department has taken the day off.

Take care my Julyers!
NCG