Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 4

Old 11-15-2014, 11:48 AM
  # 521 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

I took my daughter to the doctor. I was wrong, her ears are fine, but she has a touch of pneumonia. She had this last year too. She's a strong, healthy kid, but during the cold season she gets all kinds of lung troubles. So it's amoxicillin, albuterol, and budesonide for us, woo hoo!

On the upside, this means I don't have to feel guilty about plopping her in front of movies all day and enjoying some relax time. She needs rest, right?

I felt kind of weird around her doctor today, and it took me a little while to figure out it was because the last time I brought my kid for a check up, I was nervous the doctor would smell alcohol on me. I had to remind myself I didn't have to worry about that this time and to be grateful for it, which I was. It's nice not living like a criminal.

But when we went to the drugstore to pick up her medicine, there was a giant (I mean freaking HUGE) display of booze right in my face the second I walked through the door. I was like, really? Seriously? Welcome to the holiday season.

Then while we waited for them to fill the prescription, my daughter wanted to scope out the toy isle. The toys take up one side of the isle. And if you turn around, the other side of the isle, facing the toys, is all booze. A little something for stressed out parents, I suppose. Clever marketing strategy, but I sure didn't appreciate it. I had a regretful I love you, but I'm sorry, we can't be together moment with a handle of vodka. I felt kind of sick thinking about drinking it at 6am tomorrow, which I would absolutely do if I drank today. No question about it.

I thought I really should have dropped my daughter off with my husband and gone to the drugstore by myself so I could get in and out quickly. But maybe it was good that I had some time to linger around all that booze and still walk out without any. Maybe that helped me build a little more strength.

Sending my husband out now to pick up some sushi for lunch. Going to make some tea and maybe read for a while. I'm determined to stay focused on the positive side of things to help wrestle my brain back into place. Doing pretty well so far today. Keeping things simple so I won't get overwhelmed. After this morning's excursion, I probably won't do much more today unless I feel so inclined.

I hope everyone is doing okay and not getting too many texts from their teenagers. That just cracks me up!
Old 11-15-2014, 01:05 PM
  # 522 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by Briar View Post

I'm determined to stay focused on the positive side of things to help wrestle my brain back into place. Doing pretty well so far today. Keeping things simple so I won't get overwhelmed.
Now that is a great plan.... !!!

I hope you and your family have a great afternoon.
Old 11-15-2014, 02:25 PM
  # 523 (permalink)  

Hi Guys. Havent checked in in awhile. I'm up to 44 days sober, feels great and I feel like I'm getting more confident day by day.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Best thing I've discovered lately...ShoMi ( sort of like NetFlix )

I've been blitzing through their selection of Sci-Fi films.

Dark City is a gem I've never seen before...Very Matrix esque feel.
Old 11-15-2014, 02:30 PM
  # 524 (permalink)  
Do your best

Just want to congratulate the class of october well done everyone
Old 11-15-2014, 02:37 PM
  # 525 (permalink)  
Administrator

We continue here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-5-a.html

D