Notices

Class Of February 2014 Part 11

Old 11-13-2014, 05:36 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Good luck on the exam; you've got this, glee!
Old 11-13-2014, 06:24 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Glee - Good luck on the exam!!! We're all rooting for you!
Old 11-13-2014, 06:25 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Woo hoo! You got this Glee! Good luck!!!
Old 11-13-2014, 09:29 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

Glee my classes have taught me a whole new level of being nervous and expectations. I think you will do good and even if you don't get whatever the marks are needed, I've learned that all you need to do is let the test timer reset and study hard for the next test.

I know how stressful this is. I also know how rewarding it is. When I went through my super depressed life is worth nothing because we all die in the end (being not religious) mentality I read many articles on last living regrets that not completing education is a high up there.

I also have a book that goes on the science of the mind and humans find learning a very rewarding experience.

Please keep with it. I've come back from my screw ups. I'm still in hopes for Europe business learning but if they don't pick me I save that money! I'm in a happy place.

I think stopping Cymbalta helped with the scary stuff I did to my body while drinking. I never got so depressed before. I still aim to quit once and for all, I'm still thinking this is the hardest thing I'm going to engage with and I think kicking Cymbalta to the curb is helping. I opted for better insurance next year. I think I need a lot of talk help. Affordable. Since I can't even pretend in a higher power I need more than the free AA. I think higher power working for people is absolutely great and needed but it doesn't work for this lady - not yet anyway. So typically torn talked a lot, I really have hope for the future.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:00 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

did you ever try a secular meeting based approach like SMART or an approach like AVRT Torn?

D
Old 11-14-2014, 04:37 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
did you ever try a secular meeting based approach like SMART or an approach like AVRT Torn? D
Torn - It's great to see you hopeful for the future. You want to stop drinking and talk through your issues - a secular approach coupled with talk therapy could be extremely beneficial for you.

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. Off for the final push.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:57 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I passed the exam.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:03 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Congratulations, glee!!!!!!!
Old 11-15-2014, 12:09 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Congratulations Glee!
Old 11-15-2014, 12:17 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

never a doubt glee - congrats!

D
Old 11-15-2014, 10:37 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Woo Hoo Glee!!! I knew you'd do it! Now it's time to celebrate! (sans alcohol of course )
Old 11-15-2014, 09:35 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Turns out there are plenty of ways to celebrate without alcohol! I got a mani-pedi, went shopping, and spent some time together with my friends.

Today few of them were drinking. One who drinks closest to the way I used to drink asked me tonight if I missed drinking. Without hesitation, I told her I didn't. As I see it, if I were still drinking, I'd be wishing all the moments that I now find myself savoring.

Have a great night!
Old 11-16-2014, 09:25 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Congrats Glee!!! We knew you could do it!!
Old 11-16-2014, 10:44 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

Help me out glee, please; I've been out of the loop for a bit and I'm a lazy reader. What was the exam for? In any event...

Old 11-16-2014, 11:31 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dSober View Post
Help me out glee, please; I've been out of the loop for a bit and I'm a lazy reader. What was the exam for? In any event...
A professional certification.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:23 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Congratulations Glee. Kudos to you for all the work you put into this.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:49 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

You all are really so sweet. It means a lot. Thank you.

Preparing for the test was very hard work, and I'm glad to have that out of the way. Tomorrow I will begin training for the job I was hired to do. It's different from anything I've ever done. In the past, when trying something different, I'd wrap my head around it in some way. I'd have some set of expectations or another going into it. Tonight, I'm acknowledging that I have no idea what to expect, and accepting that I don't need to. I've seen Dee refer to relinquishing his need to be grand master of the universe in various posts; I'm not quite that zen, but I'm more comfortable wading into the gray than I have been in a very, very long time. Probably the last time I waded into the gray was in my 20's when I hopped a flight to Europe and traveled solo for a month. That was a blast.

How's everybody doing? Casinva, what adventures have you set out on with your family this weekend? Lulu, how are you feeling? DigggingIn, how did your luncheon with your friend go? SoberLeigh, how are you doing? LonelyShadow, what's new and exciting with you? Torn, how's your search for a therapist going? Hi dSober and Dee; hope you're well.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:52 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Glee- that sounds like a great way to celebrate! Good for you!

Not much going on here, which is fine. Had a nice weekend with my little family. Yesterday me and hubby went bowling for a date night. It was a lot of fun. Interestingly enough, I always thought my bowling skills decreased throughout the game due to drunkeness, but come to find out they just decrease for no reason lol.

Baby has been an absolute stinker lately. Whining and fussing all the time. I'm not sure what's up with him. Either way, a drink hasn't crossed my mind and I'm grateful for that. I'm exhausted enough as is, the last thing I need is something to help me "relax".

Anyway, just wanted to check in. Hope all is well my little Febbies :group hug:

P.S. Go Kevin Harvick!!!
Old 11-17-2014, 12:53 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Lulu - I used to think my bowling/pool/dancing got better when I drank. HA!

We had a very uneventful weekend. Which was nice, except I ate WAY too much junk food yesterday and I actually feel as though I'm hungover today. No energy, stomach is turning. I forced myself out of the house and went to Costco and started drinking more water again. I swear water is the cure-all for me.

My oldest son is having some relationship issues with his girlfriend. She was becoming too clingy and demanding so he broke up with her. She apologized and said she'll change. He wants to go back with her. Ugh. One of the hardest parts of parenting is knowing your kid is making a HUGE mistake but there's nothing you can do about it. He asked my advice, I gave it, and now it's up to him. Double Ugh... I wish I could be *that* parent that always has the right thing to say to their kid. I always feel like I'm failing in that department.

I hope your first day of training went well, Glee!

Hope everyone is doing well!!
Old 11-17-2014, 01:03 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

Originally Posted by gleefan View Post
A professional certification.
Way to go pro.