Notices

Class of February 2013 Part 11

Old 11-22-2015, 04:45 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Serene, I love your travel updates! You and fantail and Venus make me feel like I've never been anywhere. Lol. Thanks for the shout out! Quadruple digits are where it's at, eh?

Fantail, wow you are awesome doing all that service work. Congrats on your 4 months! Every sober day is a blessing.

Melissa, i can't wait to check out those links! Thanks!

Venus, how you doing girrrl?

And for The record I looove San Francisco too! I went to humboldt state for five years. So Santa Rosa was the big city for road trips and San Francisco was the really big city for road trips. I always drove across the Richmond bridge on my to and back from San Diego, always loved that view of the city.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:11 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  
now's the time

I had a dream about San Francisco last night. I miss it! But happy here too.

Wehav, congrats on 1000 days!

Melissa, wow, your son is so adorable!

Serene, I lived in Thailand (a few hours south of Bangkok on the coast) for a summer back when I was living all over the place. I also visited Cambodia and Laos while I was there. I'd love to go back someday!

Venus, I've been meaning to PM you but keep getting on SR when I'm sleepy.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:18 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

We will catch up fantail
Old 11-26-2015, 04:25 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am VERY thankful we are still here, still moving forward. Thanks for every day that we do this.

Love the updates. Love the love for SF. Love the photos of Clark. Love learning where everyone has lived/traveled. Wonderful to read how everyone is doing.

Thanks for the site. Got it now. Next wifi that I'm on I will download to my phone (on data and conserving it). BUT.... till then you can tune into the latest season of Survivor that is on now. I'm staying on a remote beach on Koh Rong where they filmed it. I'm literally sleeping under a tarp in the jungle and I'm loving the remoteness.

Yes, I think things are changing quickly in Cambodia (and all SE Asia) - there is a lot of building and development. I haven't been asked for $ yet, but it might just be that my clothes are so threadbare and there are so many other tourists that I don't get approached.

I read a book today in a hammock enjoying the breeze. It was a great day.
Old 11-26-2015, 10:26 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  
Do your best

Happy thanksgiving everyone

Congrats on a thousand days WeHav
Old 11-26-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

It's so uplifting to hear you haven't seen the children begging. At Angkor way I was approached by at least 30 kids, and the boarder crossing was even more. One little boy around 4 years old was begging for milk, I bought him one and he gave it to a man who returned it in the store for money. The little boy was clearly starving, that has always stuck with me. Very happy to hear things are looking up
Old 12-02-2015, 08:27 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Oh wow Mel. That story breaks my heart. Yes, things are getting better. The Chinese are investing and there is a tremendous development boom happening now.

I just had 6 days on a remote island with no wifi, and only 10 people around. It was fantastic. Before I left, I got a whole bunch of work done, so my mind was free to decompress and I used the time to reflect my way towards a 5 year plan and next career direction. I got a lot of clarity though the quietness. It was a very inwardly powerful week. No answers (need more time), but I am walking away with clarity of thought that will act as guide posts.

Re-entry into the normal hustle and bustle of society has been a huge shift. I'm now in Vietnam. I recall being here 6 years ago and was shocked leaving the airport to get a taxi because I was swarmed with touts. This time I got off the ferry and I had no problem deflecting 10 of them enroute to finding the minibus. The minibus drivers had a good laugh at the touts watching me handle them with ease, and then hooked me up with the vietnamese rate for the taxi after they took me into town so that I got to my hotel no problem. It felt good that I could navigate the situation - like maybe I'm getting some good life skills out of this travel after all!
Old 12-12-2015, 05:32 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Swinging by to say hi to everyone.

Once again I've been putting effort into non-emotional eating. For the first time I feel like I'm making sustainable progress. Travelling by myself has been a nice opportunity to focus on it. I haven't had to think or worry about anyone besides myself, so my mind is quieter and my focus is inward. I've been practicing mindful eating and it has been working very well for me. It's so eye opening how distracted/not present I was my whole life while I eat.

Anyway, it's been a big 'ah ha' for me and now I'm trying to put it into practice so that it becomes automatic.

I think year 3 for me is going to be focusing on this to sustain it. It's causing me to deal with more emotions, deepen recovery, and in generally practice serenity.

Hope everyone's holiday season is going well. I'm pretty happy that I'm missing the parties, the sweets, and hectic nature of the season
Old 12-12-2015, 01:33 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

That sounds like a huge step forward Serene.

Posting from my phone atm, so I will come back later and say more.

Huge hugs ♥
Old 12-12-2015, 06:08 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  
now's the time

Serene, wow, that break from civilization sounds incredible. It sounds like this trip is doing you a lot of good!
Old 12-12-2015, 09:44 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Off topic, but it's just so lovely to have so many of the original Feb group posting, especially at this time of year.

I must go and see how 1stepup is doing....hope he is still here and kicking goals.

V ♥
Old 12-21-2015, 04:10 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Hi all -

I just got off a boat and thinking of you guys. I get back on another boat tomorrow till new years.

Yes this trip serves many needs. Right now I am cocooning . I spoke with my fiance for 5 mins and he was just so happy to hear from me before he went to bed. I feel very lucky that he is just happy for me that I am doing my thing instead if asking me when I am coming home.

My mindful eating faced a lot of challenges while I was on the boat - kind of like going to a 3 day party at 2 weeks sober. But I thibk that just means I have more practicing different behaviors and learning how to navigate eating life again. I was also way better than I would have been otherwise - IE not overeating.

How are you guys? What are your plans for the holidays?

I want to wish you all a very merry xmas now as I will be out of service on the holiday! So happy to be on this journey with you all! Hugs!!!!
Old 12-21-2015, 02:11 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

No plans here Serene.

Love you girl, and so glad to hear that this trip has been such an incredible part of your journey.

to all of my Februbuddies. ♥
Old 12-21-2015, 03:30 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Holidays everyone

D
Old 12-25-2015, 07:34 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

http://imgur.com/cMDNGGK
Old 12-25-2015, 01:19 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Gorgeous mel!!
Old 12-25-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  
now's the time

So cute, Mel!

Happy holidays everyone

Mine are a little weird... First sober (didn't make it to this time of year the first time) and first around family in a long time. Weird unstable emotions but not letting it get too far deep.
Old 12-26-2015, 03:23 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Adorable, Mel!!

Fantail, I hope it got easier. First sober Christmas is tough. Different emotions are tough. If you muddle through, you are doing great.
Old 12-26-2015, 03:28 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

So awesome to see everyone check in here...now we just need 1stepup to pop his head in.

Hope it went well for you fantail, and all of you.
Old 12-26-2015, 04:26 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Hi all, thank you Venus for your pm and mention here, it means a lot to me that Im still thought of. Im good passed 6month mark on December 22nd and am feeling a lot better in mind, body and soul- Its been a long time coming but now its here! Love and best wishes to all in this class.