Notices

Class of February 2013 Part 11

Old 10-28-2015, 08:11 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

fantail, I know it sounds simplistic, but just start with my name is ..., I am an alcoholic, and I am one hundred and .... days sober.
And I am proud of it.

The ice will be broken; the room will be smiling at you, and you will relax.
I know that I definitely planned out what I wanted to say when I used to go to AA speaker meetings...but the bottom line is it is your story, and whatever you say will be just fine.

So proud of you re your work and your progress.

This class still rocks big time!!!
Old 11-06-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Hi all!

Fingers crossed this posts. Thinking of you - keep loosing posts. In Beijing. All is well. Firewall.

V - why did you pick that partucular quilt?

F - did you decide to give the talk? How did it go?

Hugs!!!!
Old 11-06-2015, 07:06 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Sending love from Beijing.

Fingers crossed this posts.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:39 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hiya SE

D
Old 11-06-2015, 02:10 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Sending you love back Serene ~ hope you have an amazing time there. ♥
Old 11-08-2015, 03:09 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  
now's the time

Beijing! Go see something at the National Centre for Performing Arts! It's so beautiful, and the acoustics are amazing.

I did do the talk. It was OK. I felt like I just listed facts... I wish I'd been more open with the feelings. But maybe I just wasn't ready. I'm doing a commitment at a teenage girls' treatment facility on Tuesday with a friend, so I'll see what happens with that one.

Also on Tuesday is my 4 month mark!
Old 11-08-2015, 03:15 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

You were in my dream last night fantail. I woke up thinking about you, and here you are!

The first time I shared my story in public (AA mtg), I was so nervous that I had no clue what I had said afterwards. It gets easier...and I think that it will be amazing to talk to teenagers. Looking forward to hearing how it goes.
Old 11-14-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Hee Hee. I'm back from China with working laptop and internet. Yipee!!!

I tried so many times to get that note to post...my messages kept getting shorter each time

Yeah fantail! Congrats on 4 months and nice job on doing the talk.

Hiya Dee! Welcome back. It's lovely to have you on the boards agains.

V - Thank you! Sending hugs. Has summer started there yet?

I absolutely loved Beijing. I think I'm a city girl, and it had been a while since I had been in a city. It was cold. Snowing with a bit of freezing rain always threatening, so the parks were empty. It was quite nice and I drank a lot of tea to warm up. There is just so much to see there. I found a good podcast on Chinese history and it was eye opening. I didn't catch the performing arts, but I want to go back this spring and I will put that on my list.

I'm in Cambodia now, but have spent the last 2 days just sitting at my hotel getting caught up on computer work, so tomorrow it is time for me to get out of my confines and go adventuring.

Feeling very far away from the activity in Paris. This summer my partner and I rented a place that was 3 blocks from the theater that had the most shootings. I wonder what happens next.
Old 11-14-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

What happens next is...well, can't really talk about it here.

So glad you enjoyed Beijing Serene, and FYI, Cambodia is my nephew's favourite place he's been along with Istanbul...so get out there girl and see everything you can!
And now that you are all electronic again maybe you can post a pic for us?

Love you, and all my beautiful Februbuddies. ♥
Old 11-14-2015, 08:21 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  
now's the time

Thanks for thinking of me Venus

Serene, are you going to Angkor Wat? It is the most special place I've ever been. I could spend a whole week there. I almost did, but my grandmother died that week... but I was glad that I'd said a few prayers for her there. If there's such a thing as having that smooth her way, I'd think Angkor Wat would be a place it could happen.

So I did do the speaking at the eating disorder clinic. It was one girl in college, one woman in her fifties, and the three of us. They'd both come for treatment that day, for a month long program, so my heart really went out to them. I remembered so much how it felt to be there (well, of course, as I just did my program in July!!). Telling my story felt a bit more cohesive this time. It changed from the first time, which I guess it'll probably always do.

Hugs everyone. Very sad about the news this week. Serene, I didn't realize you were in that neighborhood... I loved it around there. It was so surreal to keep hearing about the Bataclan. So horrific. And Beirut too.
Old 11-17-2015, 06:51 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Hi All -

Yes, photos are long long long over due. Figuring out how to post a photo is now on my todo list, which means it will get done! Funny, I log in at night to relax, but I never have the patience to figure it out at that moment...but never have thought before to put it on my list. durr.......

Fantail & Dee - I was just on newcomers and wanted to say good work on how you both responded to boots's post about shame he experiences when he goes to AA meetings. There were a couple of lines that triggered my own insecurities, but you saw past that and focused on productive suggestions while helping raise his awareness in a non-judgemental way. It was really lovely to read. It made me realize how far we've come in our journeys. I consider myself lucky to be a thread with all of you because each of you are quite gifted at working with others.

V - I like your nephew's taste in places. Turkey was my favorite place too and I'm finding Cambodia really relaxing. Originally I was just going to do 1 week, now maybe more?

Fantail - Sounds like you've had itchy feet too. Where all have you visited in SE Asia? And yes, I am actually spending a whole week here at Angkor Wat. Glad to know I'm not alone in having that interest. It is a very special special place. I'm kind figuring out my life plan going forward at the moment and morning temples with afternoon work time is proving to be a good balance.

Lots of buses of retirees and Chinese here at the moment tho - even at the far out temples. Usually I can get up earlier than most people to do my thing early in the morning, but I can't beat the retirees!!!!!!

This week I am also feeling very thankful for my partner's support. He left to go back to SF a couple of weeks ago and he just sounds so much happier being at home. Seeing the change made me realize just how much effort it took him to travel with me. I also know how hard it is for him to be away from me and yet he is genuinely excited for me to keep traveling - and that is the energy that he gives me when we chat instead of focusing on missing me.

Ok it's passed 9:30. Off to bed Thanks for letting me share my adventure with you all.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:01 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Psst WeHav. Congrats on 1000 Days!!!!!!

I've missed our early days when we celebrated so many milestones. It's been lovely to have a few this fall: Fantail's back. V's at 1 year. Mel might be getting close to her 1000 days too.....
Old 11-20-2015, 10:58 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Ok, I can't figure out how to post a picture outside of a link. Is it possible to upload a photo here? If not, Mel - what is the website that you used to post your photos?

This week I've had a 'me' week and caught up on work, eating better, etc. It's been really nice to be solo.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:09 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Sorry love, the others will have to tell you about the photo-hosting sites. I can't remember, because I never use them....

You can hit go advanced then attach a pic from your Mac if you want.

I will scroll back for you and see which site mel uses....

imgur.com
Old 11-21-2015, 10:43 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Hey loves, imgur is really easy to use. Been keeping up on your posts, congrats to all milestones- I'm proud of us all.

Serene- In Cambodia I went to Angkor wat, took a river boat to Battambang, then went to the Capitol to fly back to Bangkok. In Thailand I did koh Chang, koh Samui, koh Tao, koh phangnan, chaing Mai, and pai. It's interesting to me that your finding Cambodia relaxing, it was almost 8 years ago that I was there but seeing hungry children begging was really taxing for me, and I cried almost every night. I'm hoping that things have gotten better there since then, I'm also a very sensitive person and can hardly watch the news without a breakdown so there's that as well.

Hope everyone else is doing well <3
Old 11-21-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

And ps serene, was in SF two months ago and had a great time
Old 11-21-2015, 01:37 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Hello mel my love! We NEED to see more pics of Clark...my gosh, he's over 9 months now.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:01 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Ask you shall receive V!

http://imgur.com/paTL6YO
http://imgur.com/fibAw4h
http://imgur.com/Tp0ViZw
Old 11-21-2015, 11:05 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

OK, he is seriously the most gorgeous baby boy in the history of the world.
And the t-shirt...precious. Did you get one for every month?

Thank you my darling. That made my night. ♥
Old 11-22-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

They're stickers for each month, got them from an artist on etsy