Notices

Class of February 2013 Part 11

Old 07-15-2015, 06:19 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Enjoy your last few days in Spain love.
And every time I come to this thread I get hungry now....
Old 07-22-2015, 03:27 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Hi Febbies -

Just saying hi before I fall asleep tonight. Thinking of you guys.

Now in France....Tomorrow I get my croissant for breakfast!!!!!
Old 07-24-2015, 07:14 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Hope that croissant was awesome se!
Old 07-24-2015, 07:26 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Well, I'm having quiche for dinner tonight.
Sure it will be nowhere near as good as one you could in Paris...but nevertheless.

Love to my Februbuddies. ♥
Old 07-30-2015, 03:53 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Hi all -

So, uh, yesterday...I had a 4 croissant day.... it was amazing

Now in Paris and have dropped off the car after putting 15,000 km on it in 5 weeks. According to apple we had an average of walking 10 miles a day even with all that driving! I'm starting to get a little weary of being on the move so much, and happy that we have a studio apartment in Paris for the next 5 days.

My partner has been traveling with me for 1 month now. It has been great, but it is an adjustment. For some reason I have channeled the 'dry drunk' me like never before in my post drinking life and I haven't been the best partner to my partner (snapping, blaming when things don't go right, etc). I'm trying to work on letting my emotions not get the best of me, but I haven't been too successful this week.

In other news, I caught a guy trying to pickpocket my partners wallet on the subway today. I had a premonition that someone was going to try it - and sure enough right as he started his move I made my counter move to shove him out of the way and start yelling to draw attention to the dude from the other passengers. I got a lot of kudos from the other train passengers for interrupting the act and he got a lot of shame, but I am bothered that there is no real repercussions for the guy to try to do it again.

It's getting late. I'm off to bed. Have a wonderful day!!!!
Old 07-30-2015, 08:46 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

None of us are perfect Serene my love.
And travelling with someone, anyone can be hard sometimes.
You are literally in each others' pockets, and snappy moments happen.
At least you recognised it, and called yourself out, so now you have the opportunity to be the lovely serene Serene that you know you can be.

Well done on catching the thief before he struck.
And brave too.
Whether or not it deters him love, I doubt he'll forget that in a hurry.
And don't forget karma...
Old 07-31-2015, 08:30 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Thanks for your kind words V. You guys are such wonderful support.

Yes, I realized today that I am just TIRED....that weary kind of tired that has built up from being constantly on the move, and it built up slowly so I didn't notice how much it was impacting me. I learned pretty early in my recovery that I do much better when I take care of me, and if I don't then the wheels come off. -Durr! Going back to the basics Which means tomorrow, I'm just hanging out in my PJs and not leave the apartment, except to hang out at the cafe just 1 block down the street.

How are you doing V? What are you up to this week?
Old 07-31-2015, 08:40 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

PS - it makes me smile to call my theft interruption brave...

In the moment though it felt more like 'oh no you didn't Mr. Pickpocket....you just picked the WRONG dry drunk to mess with today and now ALL my pent up dry drunkness is aiming right at YOU."

I'll be working on that dry drunk stuff a bit more productively going forward
Old 08-10-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

I know this is really out of the blue...but I keep thinking of fantail.
If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be in the Oct 14 class...and that has been a major godsend for me. But really, it is about her...the lovely person she is. It has been so long since she has been on SR. I know she was struggling. I just pray that she is alright, and knows that we love her and care about her no matter how long she has been away. I hope life has been kind to her.

And love and hello to my beautiful girls here...how are you? I miss you. ♥
Old 08-13-2015, 11:45 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Serene- hope your trip is going well. I get snappy with my husband when I'm not feeling 100%- it happens, apologize and try to do better next time. Hope your pj day was relaxing

V- I think about her from time to time as well as the others who we've lost contact with along the way (esp precious kitty and liss) There was a birthday list being made early on and I counted the names on there (I think it was around 50 people but don't quote me on that) sometimes I wonder how many stayed the course and just stopped posting.... I feel lucky to still be here with you guys. Anyways, how's everything in v land?

Wehav- hope everything is going well with your new marriage.

Xoxo, M
Old 08-14-2015, 01:06 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

I see liss on Facebook...she is a prolific poster there...I don't know how she is exactly, but I know she's there. So I guess that's good. Yeah, Kitty, I think about her as well. No idea there though.

V-land is OK. Always challenges, but that's alright. Life has a way of doing that, but I cope these days. Still don't have full-time work, but that will be OK as well. So that's next on my list, followed by looking for a new place to live. Somewhere new for me and gorgeous fat cat. It's time.

How are your lovely men mel?

Loads of love. ♥
Old 08-14-2015, 10:55 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Hi all -

Out of the blue I thought of fantail too a few weeks ago. I'm glad you mentioned it. I hope she is doing well and I send her mental good thoughts!

I think PK had a similiar initial inspiration for me to keep posting, when positing didn't quite feel natural yet and I needed some encouragement.

Lots of little 'me' things to update:

Things are better on the 'dry drunk' front - we have found a way to better share the work load of travel and I am finding that I am WAAAY less burnt out exhausted. He's our transportation expert, I'm the hotel expert now. I'm prioritizing some relaxation time for myself too. Thanks so much for your support through that "I don't know what is wrong with me" phase

Unfortunately/Fortunately I re-hurt my foot. Not on crutches, but I am gingerly walking on it and I can't carry any extra pack weight. Since I also put on a little weight recently, that will need to come off soon, and I am motivated once again to get serious to drop 15 lbs to be much healthier. Nothing like having to interrupt your trip to get your attention! (Sincerely, thank you body - I needed that kick in the pants!!!!)

Right now I am in........(pretend those dots are a drum roll).......Helsinki Finland! I head to St. Petersburg tomorrow for 3 days. This is the furthest north I have ever been, and a nice weather break from the hottest summer on record in Europe.

In other news - I could smell the alcohol on the guy next to me on the plane here. I think he had been drinking all day and it was coming out of his pores. It was very strong, and I was really grossed out and was on the knife edge of getting gag reflexes from the smell. He ordered a vodka at his first opportunity. It was like spending 2 hours with my former self right before I got sober, and it wasn't pretty.

I saw that Wehav just posted a milestone. What date is your monthly sobriety date? I want to put a note in my calendar

Much love to all you guys!
Old 08-14-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry about the foot but otherwise it sounds like a great trip SE

D
Old 08-14-2015, 03:41 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Hope your foot heals fast love.

My sobriety date is Oct 27, 2014. ♥
Old 08-14-2015, 10:41 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

And I missed your 2 and a half years Serene, and mel's as well...and wehav will hit that milestone in a week. So proud of all of you!!! ♥
Old 08-21-2015, 11:41 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Swinging by to say hi and that I'm thinking of you. Poor internet right now

Hugs
Old 08-21-2015, 11:44 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Mine is feb 17 - go 7s!
Old 08-21-2015, 11:52 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

I thought yours was a January date Serene....as in Jan 17, not Feb? Hmmm.
Wehav has 2 and a half years today.

Love you!!! ♥
Old 08-23-2015, 08:15 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Hey girls, in Boston for my brothers wedding. It was a great celebration and I'm always proud of myself for being fun on the dance floor even as a sober person. Travel + baby = ZzzzzZzzz. Xoxo, M
Old 08-23-2015, 08:48 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Sounds awesome mel, well, not the tired part, but I'm sure it was lovely to show off your gorgeous little man.