Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 11

Old 10-27-2014, 02:46 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Happy Monday! This makes the weekend tough times worth it for sure.

Let's go kill it today.

Pink, brach, cute - where you at? Others are missing for a little while too, can't recall all the names as I am not awake yet, But I see you in the back of the room slumping behind your books... Front of the room please, roll call!

Monday fun day!!!

Now that is just funny.
Old 10-27-2014, 04:13 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Good morning,

Congratulations, 1Step!
Good to hear from you, DoingSomething.

I usually was okay on Sunday after drinking too much on Friday and Saturday. But, if I was so hungover I could not drink on Saturday, Sundays could be bad...then the greasy drive-through breakfast on the way to work, hoping I did not have to run to the Ladies Room to heave, telling people my sinus problem was acting up ---------AGH ! !

Have a great day everyone! I am reading the shelves at the library, going to the Y this afternoon, then attending the WW II seminar tonight. Be safe, happy and sober!

I wrote a list of everyone on Team August. I sincerely apologize if I missed anyone; I went to five different posts with a high number of "Thank Yous" to put it together. I thought this would be an easy way to check on everyone. When we have a roll call, like determined just called, we can match the "Thank You's" against the list below to see who is missing.

1Step Apple Blackbird Brach Choobie Chris ClearEyes Cristina Cute Determined DoingSomething Dry Glandon Grateful Knb London Maximus Mvngon Penkins Ph7 Pink Rah Scooter TX Ultra

Last edited by ScooterBoo; 10-27-2014 at 04:14 AM. Reason: add
Old 10-27-2014, 04:29 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Im here! Kept myself super busy this weekend to keep the AV away. Happy monday!
Old 10-27-2014, 04:44 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

You are organized Scooter (think I finally got the bold thing down). Great idea on the list.

Don't know when Glandon is leaving but I'm sure he'll be back with one heck of an update in 10 days or so at the Monestary.

Great milestone 1step- well done!

Lets have a great week!
Old 10-27-2014, 04:54 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Maximus checkin in on a sober Monday morning. And glad for it.
Enjoy the day team.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:08 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by determined99 View Post

Monday fun day!!!

lol
Old 10-27-2014, 05:41 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I hear you Determined, I am up early and eager to enjoy my Monday. Whaaat?

It is going to be a beautiful, warm day in the Chi today. Don't know how many of these we have left in 2014 so planning a nice bike ride before work today.

Grateful to be sober today.

Attitude of gratitude goes a long way. Hugs to each of you!

Old 10-27-2014, 05:44 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 43---gotta run, but wanted to say hi and have a great one!!

Much love,

MV
Old 10-27-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Monday, Day 70 check in. Thanks for the list Scooter. Have a great week Team August!!!
Old 10-27-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Choobie View Post
1step, way to go, 70 days! Wooooooohoooooo!

Determined, that was my Sunday as well. It might have been 4 or 5 beers in the evening, or I might have started while cooking or watching a game. No matter what, I would feel rumpled, tired, and unprepared for the week with my regular blinding headache and cotton head. I would wake up at 2 or 3 with terrible anxiety and think about the coming week in terror. No more!

Holidays-
That reminds me to get the emergency sobriety kit for holiday gatherings. So far, my bag of tricks will contain:
my wallet card reminding me why I stay sober
Individual tea bags, sugar
cold drink flavoring
3 news items or articles of interest for changing the subject
eating something small before arrival
Choobie, I love this! I love that you have a plan! This is great and shows your commitment!!
Old 10-27-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Good morning A-Team !!!! I am finally feeling like I am coming out the other side of this blah/funk I have been in for the past 4-5 days. Thanks to you all for your words of encouragement. Thanks to that sneaky lying AV to try to trick me to drink hard over it -- it reminded me of how much worse it would have been to drink in fact !
Still not feeling 100%, but definitely like I am on the other side.
Life is full of ebbs and flows. That was a big ebb. SO Happy and Grateful to be sober thru it all with you all ! Group hug/huddle !! -->
Old 10-27-2014, 10:10 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Just checking in. I had just an awful weekend . I'm trying to stay positive and take it easy today. Glad so many of you are doing well

Have a blessed day
Old 10-27-2014, 11:35 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I started with this group right at the beginning. Got some great help and support and posted throughout August. I had 62 days before I drank again at the end of September.

Looking back the warning signs were there. I stopped visiting and posting on here, stopped following my daily routine, became overconfident.

The funny thing is I thought once I got as far as I did something would just click, and life would suddenly get better. Obviously it doesn't work like that.

Now I need to drink more than I did before, and the hangovers are worse.

Didn't drink yesterday, hoping I can do the same today.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:15 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hi CaptainWhip. Nice to meet you. Good job coming back. This group is wonderful
Old 10-27-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Welcome back CaptainWhip stay with us so glad to have you back!

Cristina, sorry to hear about your weekend. Want to get anything off your chest? We are here for you to listen as always!
Old 10-27-2014, 12:54 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

CaptainWhip great to hear from you- thanks for your post! You strung a bunch of days together and you can do it again.

Sorry for the challenging weekend Cristina.

Glad you're pulling through it Chris!

As CaptainWhip notes, going alcohol free is not a panacea. We'll still experience the ups and downs, opportunities and challenges, blessings and blessings in disguise of normal life. I'll tell you this- its better to face these situations with a clear mind though!
Old 10-27-2014, 01:12 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hey all

Cristina sorry you had a rough weekend. Hang in there

Good to see you back Captain Whip

Had a decent enough day today. I am really tired for some reason so I may treat myself to an early night at like 9pm!! Oh well, many many an evening I used to be up drinking alone until 3am, so I'll call it catching up time.

I hope everyone is having a good Monday.

If I can get my head on the pillow sober that's day 85. Celebrating in fives at the minute as there seems to be a lot of work pressure and drinking in the office going on. Just need to ride on through this patch!
Old 10-27-2014, 01:14 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Chris - great you are feeling a little better. It's much better to face the down times without king alcohol. Happy you are doing good!
Old 10-27-2014, 01:17 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sthlondonab View Post
Hey all

Cristina sorry you had a rough weekend. Hang in there

Good to see you back Captain Whip

Had a decent enough day today. I am really tired for some reason so I may treat myself to an early night at like 9pm!! Oh well, many many an evening I used to be up drinking alone until 3am, so I'll call it catching up time.

I hope everyone is having a good Monday.

If I can get my head on the pillow sober that's day 85. Celebrating in fives at the minute as there seems to be a lot of work pressure and drinking in the office going on. Just need to ride on through this patch!
Celebratring in 5's sounds great London! I will have 80 on Thursday (which is also a 10-day milestone) so I plan to have some chocolate chip cheesecake or something special for sure !!
You are doing great London keep it up !!
Old 10-27-2014, 01:55 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

So far only 14 of us have answered Determined's roll call.......Glandon is away, and some might still be at work......but, please let us know how you are today.

Welcome back, Captain Whip. Thank you for telling us how much harder it is for you this time even after so many sober days; I sometimes get the feeling I could moderate; HUH ! Fat chance of that!

Chris, I am happy you are feeling better. Everyone, drinkers and teetotalers alike, have ups and downs. We now have to deal with them like the rest of the non-drinking world. I thought for sure I would be happy, happy when I got sober...didn't realize life goes on with its ups and downs whether I am drinking or not!

Cristina, put the weekend behind you, and hop back on the wagon.

London, I like the idea of celebrating the 5's when times are rough. My Day 75 is Wednesday - - Book Club Meeting Day! hmmmmm

PINK ! ! ! Where are you? Can you think of anything I can do to secretly celebrate during the meeting? some Mavis-type thing?? something to quietly and seemingly innocently irritate "the foul-mouthed, miserable book club woman?"

Take care, everyone. I will check in after my seminar this evening. Hopefully more team members will have posted by then.

Last edited by ScooterBoo; 10-27-2014 at 01:57 PM. Reason: spelling check