Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 2

Old 10-20-2014, 03:14 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
Kevin, making it through the weekend is fantastic....hope you're sleeping has improved.
jshep, I've heard of others that do the same as their tangible evidence. As you said, whatever it takes to get another day.
Easyrider, I won't be going to any parties like that either....not my cup of tea anymore.
Dunsuppin, I'll take younger looking anytime!
Wishing a great week of success for all.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:08 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Day 3 here and back to work. Started Day 1 with a family party and surprisingly, it went well. Yesterday was my 23rd wedding anniversary; celebrated with a nice dinner out.

I quit smoking 5 years ago and it felt so good to lose that ball and chain. The only thing that stands between me and smoking is a pack of cigarettes but I would NEVER go back. Getting here was too hard and feels too good.

I am hoping that someday I will feel the same about alcohol.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:55 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Off to a meeting today

Finally feeling well enough to leave the house (day 8 of the cold that won't go away), so my dad's going to drive me to a meeting.

It'll be nice to be around people again.

Today is day 11. Not feeling like I want to drink (well, not that often and the desire is not that strong). I think reading a lot of the stories here has been a big help--it's like going to a speaker meeting every day.

I hope you all have a great day and remember--don't drink NO MATTER WHAT!
Old 10-20-2014, 05:40 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Working on day 22!! Thank you guys for your continued support!
Anyone get more headaches since quitting drinking?
I've had side headaches, eye headaches, front headaches, sinus headaches... Other than hangovers, I'm not one who gets headaches. Anyone else? I do NOT want to go on Dr Google.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:52 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Afternoon Sobertobers! It's a lovely day here in London although I think the clouds are starting to draw in.

Today is...day 21! Three whole weeks! And it feels bloody amazing. I'm sleeping well, the sugar cravings have died down and I'm feeing ridiculously good.

Pink cloud territory? Maybe but this is what I'm trying to focus on right now...it's so easy for me to wallow in all the regrets and the "why can't I have just one" and "it's so unfair". But I have gained SO much in just these three weeks.

I love the quote in my signature but there's another one really resonating with me right now. This is from Sara Wheeler's book "Terra Incognita":

Living without a glass of wine in my hand was another voyage of discovery. Like all the best journeys, it had its long moments of agony, too. But I couldn’t jump ship now. It was too thrilling.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

That's great news for a Monday morning pushkin. I'm one day behind you and feeling quite well also. I'm really enjoying how I feel, but the message to myself now and ongoing is that feeling good doesn't mean I can drink. I'll bet you feel the same way. Hope you have a great start to your week.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:18 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I fail! I drank again on Saturday. I have an insurance claim over a knee injury that the crooks denied. I had been putting off opening the file because I knew how much it was going to insult and enrage me.... anyways I drank over it. They say my injury could only of happened from overuse or a traumatic injury which is exactly what I say happened! I'm going to need a lawyer because I'm a fighter and they aren't going to get away with it. I trust lawyers as much as I trust insurance agents and it's going to cost me money I don't have but the claim is worth a lot money so my hand is being forced. My knee is never going to be the same and it's going to be a continuing problem so I need this claim to go through..... FML.
Anyway getting drunk obviously didn't solve anything just made me feel like a failure and also like puking. I rationalized it by saying it was Saturday... I'll only drink once a week on the weekend and that I was just way too overwhelmed and upset. More nonsense.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:22 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day Four

Day Four beginning here.

Yesterday was pretty much a repeat of Saturday--nice, easy day at work followed by a meeting at night. Not much else besides doing some reading and watching a little television. Once again the thought of having a drink didn't enter my head until around eight o'clock last night. Luckily the meeting was about to start so I was able to channel my thoughts in a different direction.

I'm off work today. Only real goal is to get some laundry done. I'm trying to talk myself now into getting dressed and going to be a new kettle so I can start drinking tea again. I'm kinda feeling off right now--I have a little headache and I just feel foggy in my thinking. Maybe I just need to wake up more fully.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:24 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Glad you're back on board zen. I hope this will be a better week for you.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Dust yourself off zen. It's a new day!
Old 10-20-2014, 07:01 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Pushkin and countrygirl well done! Three weeks is awesome. I'm right up there with you. Feel so much healthier. It's amazing. For the first time in my life I really feel like I got it this time. Such a wonderfully feeling. To know that it's going to be alright. But I know I cannot let me guard down or get too complacent. Which is why I'm here at SR everyday. Just started another book too. Alan Carrs book on stopping drinking. Recommended by someone in our class I believe.

Keep at it Zen. Glad you keep coming back here.

Good day everyone!
Old 10-20-2014, 07:33 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Day four - countrygirl, I've been waking up with headaches, I don't know why. I think sinus headaches and not as bad as hangover headaches, at any rate.

Zen, sorry about your legal troubles, glad you're back and realising that drinking won't make anything better.

Casey, Pushkin, Brighter and everyone else, good going!
Old 10-20-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

week 1 out of the way.
Thanks everyone for helping me forward with your posts.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Officially living in day 6. Never thought i'd say this, but i'm happy to be at work. Still have not managed to find a steady sleep yet. The stuff my mind is conjuring up in my dreams is terrifying. All in all, feeling okay today. Afterwork will be a challenge as Monday evenings were always a go to the bottle night for me, but i'm already trying to make plans to curb that. Bike ride immediately after work when I get home (trying to get physically active again) to the grocery store to pick up a couple little things needed to make mussels for the first time tonight. Wish me luck !
Old 10-20-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Hi everyone, morning here and I'm at work and sober and feeling good.

Zen I'm sorry you're having a hard time. Insurance companies are so difficult to deal with. Dust yourself off and keep going. There is a lot to be learned from our slips, so turn this experience around and use it to get stronger.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:20 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hi all. Still here, still struggling. Had a bad weekend with my daughter. She is a teen and deals with depression, but expresses it as downright tantrums and nastiness at times. One of those weekends.

I do not feel like I handled her or myself well last night.

Congrats to all who are racking up the weeks. It is wonderful!
Old 10-20-2014, 09:50 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I hit my second AA meeting today. Good stuff. I kept my mouth shut and listened. I'm going to take the advice of one of the elders and bring a journal so I can write the stuff that makes sense down. I don't know about a sponsor yet. Part of me is still feeling people out and I also think it's too soon for me. I know if I ask someone now and they say no, AV will be all over that. And my emotions will turn to poor me, no one wants to help me causing AV to go "nom nom nom nom nom" and gobble me up. I have numbers to call in an emergency. I know who is positive so far that can handle a little "urge" call if I need it. I know I'm not alone.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:51 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Day 1 again for me. Gave into a rather easy temptation that was even easier to avoid. Still working at this.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:56 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by halfvictory View Post
Day 1 again for me. Gave into a rather easy temptation that was even easier to avoid. Still working at this.
Keep reading here, posting here and trying. Welcome back to day 1!
Old 10-20-2014, 10:04 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Zen, The most important thing is that you're back here. Next time, if you encounter some bad news or something that is starting to **** you off, we're here for you if you want to talk through it!

CountryGirl, I think that any physical symptoms that you notice during your quit could possibly be related to the withdrawl. Especially in the first month. DEFINITELY in the first 2 weeks. Every time I have weird symptoms, I come to SR and either ask or search. Tooth Pain? yep. Itchiness? yep. Night Sweats? Yep. Anxiety? Yep!

So, I'm on day 5 here. And doing better each day. Yesterday afternoon was still tough, but I started getting occasional bouts of feeling more "normal" among the crappy feelings. I woke up today with more energy than I've had in a while. Overall doing better!

I hope everyone has a great day!