Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 2

Old 10-19-2014, 06:59 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hey all! Good morning!

I hope everyone is doing well. Welcome Fantail!

Today is day 4. I had som jitters and anxiety last night, but it's getting better each day. The cravings were particularly bad around 5:00 yesterday afternoon.

I'm looking forward to a good day today. Carving a pumpkin with the family, watching football, and reading lots of SR.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:06 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

FacingFuture, sounds like a nice day ahead for you....Pushkin, great news on the driving lesson.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:33 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Day 17. Yesterday went out for dinner and movie with gf and friends.

Food was great. Atmosphere was a restaurant/bar...was ok though. Movie was dracula...which was meh...mediocre.

The night went longer than I would have liked..got home at 4 am.

Grouchy as my sleep pattern is interrupted.

Looking forward to next Walking Dead Tonight!
Old 10-19-2014, 08:24 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hi fantail! I think we were in the same February class but I only lasted 4 months.

Checking in on day 9, I'd love a lie in next weekend, I've had to look after a family member that involves getting up early for, but so much easier not being hungover ( or more likely still drunk). I've been eating a lot (compared to what I used to) and I'm absolutely bouncing about with energy (literally) especially in the mornings.

I need to catch up on the walking dead, I stopped watching half way through season 2 which was boring. But the first season was some of the best tv ever.

Hopefully get home soon so I can watch some Grimm on Netflix. And, stuff my face.

Hope you're all having an awesome sober weekend

ER
Old 10-19-2014, 08:43 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

Today is day 2 for me. I had made it to 8 days. At that point, I had finally become not ambivalent feeling, about my drinking. And now that I had some to drink on friday, I am back to feeling ambivalent. "do I really want this? Is it really that bad!?" blah blah blah... so I somehow have to get through a week again. This is so tough!!!

Good luck to everyone!
Old 10-19-2014, 08:56 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hi Lucrezia, good to see a familiar face. I've been having a bit of a rough time getting some decent time under my belt again. I'm feeling confident this time, but I'm cautious of course.
Day 3 here. I have a sick little one today so my plans changed to staying home and caring for him today. Having a lazy day cuddling and watching movies. I hope that I doby hit bad cravings this afternoon, if so the plan is to stick close to SR, drink water juice and tea and snack on healthy food.
Hope you all have a good sober Sunday!
Old 10-19-2014, 09:03 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

Hey, it's you!! Hope your afternoon goes well and your little one gets better! My plan is I guess to sleep, read, eat, eat some more... coffee.... Hang in there everyone.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:10 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Good morning everyone! Feels good to wake up to my daughter padding into the room, and being able to greet her with a hug instead of pushing her aside to get to my bottle. Looking forward to a day where I can do basically whatever I want, including stuff at places I'd have to drive to.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:44 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Homebase! I'm back from a visit with family. They're one of my greatest motivations for staying sober, yet also one of my greatest triggers. How is that possible?! Right now, I'm emotionally drained, a little jumpy from too much coffee, and so thankful that I cleaned out the fridge and dumped out all temptations yesterday. A nap sounds like the best choice right now.
It's awesome to see everyone checking in today. Weekends are tough, but we can be tougher!
Old 10-19-2014, 01:26 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Day 7 Sober Sunday, excellent day, Early morning coffee and a walk checking out the leaves with Dakota (my German Shepard ) and Kim my wife of 29 years. Then did some work on my property and cleaned up around the cabin. It amazing how much you can get done when your not drunk. Tonight we are going to a cookout and campfire with friends here on the Mountain . Its always a big drinking event. Will not be drinking and will be telling them Ive stopped drinking because I choose to and its ok if they drink. A few may be shocked we have pulled many all nighters with 2 day hang overs. Im done with that just looking forward to some good BBQ and the cool mountain air around the fire with Kim.
Day 8 here I come, Wish all you well Enjoy.
Old 10-19-2014, 02:32 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Choosingsober, my first social experience with alcohol involved was yesterday. Leading up to it was most anxious because in the past I always primed myself with a six pack or so. Within half hour or so after arrival I was fine and genuinely enjoyed myself. When I was offered a drink I just declined and said I not drinking tonight.
I hope you all have fun. This autumn weather is some of the best of the year.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

It was hard going to the grocery store today with all the wine and booze everywhere, but it was worth it to get the groceries I needed. Now I've made banana nut muffins for our breakfasts, southwestern style quinoa salads for lunches, and there's a massive vat of chicken noodle soup simmering on the stove. We are set at least for a couple days. It feels great to be prepared instead of winging it every morning.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:01 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Nice work Briar. Don't have to worry about the wine in grocery stores out my way in CT. Not allowed! Good thing or my bad habit could have been way worse over the years.

After some serious yard work with my son today it felt good to settle in watch some football and make dinner. Wife and I made Slow Cooker Quinoa, Chicken and Kale Soup. Was a good day with no real urges at all. Hope everyone's enjoying the rest of the weekend.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:09 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Briar, What time is breakfast tomorrow?
When at the store, I enjoy nonchalantly flipping the bird at the booze aisle. Or, imagine what it would be like to just start chunking bottles everywhere. It's empowering and makes me smile to myself.
Way to work through another sober day! Big hugs
Old 10-19-2014, 07:15 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

thanks for the awesome posts. Being able to log in every day is great for keeping me in check, esp when I can't get to a meeting (I need them now).

i celebrated my birthday this weekend sober. It was fantastic! I had a great time - from morning til night - with a great group of friends. wasn't around alcohol at all. I'm grateful for that - I was a bit worried about myself when i was hungry today.

Tomorrow will be Day 10
Old 10-19-2014, 07:29 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Conquest View Post
When at the store, I enjoy nonchalantly flipping the bird at the booze aisle. Or, imagine what it would be like to just start chunking bottles everywhere. It's empowering and makes me smile to myself.
Conquest - I like that and will definitely be doing that. I have to pass 2 liquor stores in the 1 mile drive I have to work. Which of course I used to go there way too much! I always try to look the other way. Now I will give them the 1 finger wave since they took so much of my life, money, and happiness!!!

Day 19!! Weekends are getting easier since my craving have gone way down. My family time with my boys is getting better too.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Old 10-19-2014, 10:20 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Day 5 now...

Wake up... Check.
Breakfast...Check
Sober recovery... Check
Time to get cleaned up and go to work.... In progress lol

Have a good sober day all.

ps, Looks like the aftermath of hurricane Gonzalo is heading to Scotland. :o
Old 10-19-2014, 11:59 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Deaf to AV

Hi everyone
I'm here for October part 2 and really enjoy reading everyone's posts. It's interesting to know what you all have done with "beverages" that remained in your house after committing to sobriety. We do what it takes to make it through another day..and another.
There are still Molson Canadians in our basement "beer locker" (as my hsb calls it), because that's his drink of choice. And I have left part of a bottle of citrus vodka sitting in the pantry. I plan to leave it there because that's my sign to myself that I've accomplished my goal. I quit and nothing will tempt me, my resolve is iron clad. As odd as it may seem to some of you, that tangible evidence is comforting to me.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:17 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Morning all Day 10 here. My goal for this week is to brush my teeth twice a day. Pretty basic stuff. But when you're going to bed hammered every night, it isn't normally on the top list of priorities. I'm looking at building good healthy habits and I'm not going to rush it. If I manage every day morning and night, I'll add something else next Monday. No smoking, no alcohol, weighing myself (last weeks task, to watch the weight gain - I stayed the same despite eating a lot more food) and brush teeth.

I'm happy to say it looks like there won't be a halloween party this year, I'm so relieved! I went to a party sober last year when I didn't drink for 143 days. It was so uncomfortable. I'm shy, introverted and didn't know most of the people there. Everyone else was very drunk and I left early, but I have no interest in going to anymore parties like that again.

Let's have an awesome sober week! ER
Old 10-20-2014, 01:34 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Checking in for day 22.. this thing is a real challenge, I hope all those that are struggling can dust themsleves off and get back on board. I had some great news from my AV (the slug) yesterday, it seems I am not an alcoholic and that I can return to drinking socially whenever I am ready. Luckily for me I have been reading SR for a few years now and see this old chestnut for what it is. I love being sober, I love that my daughter thinks I look 15 years younger.. I love the extra energy, I love the early mornings with no hangover, I love the money in my purse, I love the spring in my step. KNITTING!! I had forgotten how much I loved to knit and crochet.. I love discovering better ways to use my time. Day 22 rocks and so does this group, sending hugs to all and especially those struggling, we need you all on here, come back. Good luck today everybody x