Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 2

Old 10-18-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hey phoebe, I'm proud of you for getting right back up and rolling again. Let the guilt go and make it a great Sunday!
Old 10-18-2014, 07:16 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Having a hard night.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:24 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I'm sorry for what you're dealing with zen. Be careful tonight and please update us tomorrow that you're ok.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:29 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

You okay, Zen?
Old 10-18-2014, 07:40 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hey Zen! Stick around here for a bit. Or, try to get a change of scenery if possible. I had to leave the family festivities for a bit and felt much better after a little walk. Sending positive thoughts your way tonight.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:44 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hi Kevin78, I'm glad to hear you got a little bit of sleep. That can make a big difference. How's the rest of your day? Hopefully it got better.

Hang in there everybody. Better times are ahead.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:56 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hey Zen, what's going on?

How can we help?

We are all here for you!
Old 10-18-2014, 09:08 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

I haven't been very good about following this thread, but I'm going to jump in anyway. Sounds like some folks are having a tough time.

Zen - can we help?
Old 10-18-2014, 09:10 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Day 3 over with, I don't feel as angry with stuff as I did earlier. ODAAT.

Gnite all.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:46 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
now's the time

Hey all -- Just wanted to say hi. I'm a re-quitter First time was February 2013 and I made it about 8 months. Then the last year was kind of a slip & slide until I stopped again about 6 days ago and plan to make it permanent this go around.

Feeling proud of myself tonight because after a lot of deliberation I decided to skip a party that I really wanted to go to. They're people I'd like to know better and who are very close to my boyfriend... but I can sometimes be a bit shy in large groups and he's not one to want to stick that close, so I realized that the temptation to try and get some liquid confidence while he wasn't looking would be way too much of a risk.

Anyway, just wanted to share that with someone. Looking forward to getting to know you all!
Old 10-19-2014, 03:22 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hi fantail, Jump right in!

Roll call, Octsobers!!! Saturday night was rough for many, but I'm hear to smack you on the bum, kiss your cheeks, hand you a water bottle and say
GET BACK ON THE BUS!

You've done it before. You got this. We got this.
Lotsa love, Conquest
Old 10-19-2014, 05:04 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I'm slipping and sliding too. It sucks. I'm glad I have you guys who are going through some of the same things. Sometimes I think I should just refrain from counting days because it's been 16, 1, 4, etc. Just all over the place.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:25 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support yesterday, friends. Back at it and glad to be sober this morning.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Yay Phoebe! Way to get back at it!
Old 10-19-2014, 05:32 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Good morning all!

Welcome fantail...I think you made a wise choice. Your new little treasure (sobriety) is like a precious little baby worthy of nurture and protection.

Kevin, I was so grumpy off an on last week. I guess it's part of the process, but I'm hoping that when your sleep pattern improves you'll feel better. For me, a vigorous exercise program has been key.

Good morning conquest and josharon, I'm looking forward to hearing from the class today. Let's try to make it a nice Sunday. I'm so thankful for this site.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:42 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Good choice fantail.
To those of you slipping and sliding, well I've been doing that for years. Just trying to figure out where I've been going wrong and what I can do to make it stick this time. The important thing is to keep fighting, just maybe fight smarter. That's what I'm trying to do anyway.
Woke up sober for day 3 and I'm going to bed sober tonight.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:44 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Morning team! Its 8:45 eastern time. Two year old decided to sleep in till almost 8 so got some much needed sleep. Feels good.

Glad to hear you made it through phoebe. This site is like a lifeline. I always have to remember when I'm having a hard time to come here even if my AV doesn't want me too.

I hope things are ok Zen. Please come back and let us know.

Thanks for the encouraging words Conquest!

Very glad to have joined this class. Should have joined one months ago. It's like a digital diary but with instant feedback. Amazing!
Old 10-19-2014, 06:21 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Zen!! Where are ya sweet pea? Are you ok?

Starting day 21 here!!!
Old 10-19-2014, 06:48 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day Three

Feels good to wake up sober to start day number three.

Worked during the day yesterday. It went quickly and smoothly. Amazing how seems to happen when I'm not trying to work hungover!

Went to a really positive AA meeting last night. Gave me a lot of hope. A couple of hours before the meeting I just felt weird sitting around the house so I decided to just get there way early. Stuck a book in my backpack and rode my bike the couple of miles there. Felt very relaxing to just sit outside reading on a nice, quiet cool day here. Came home and watched a pretty good older movie ("Blow Out" starring John Travolta) before sleep.

Stupidly enough, the only real thought/craving I had re: drinking was while sitting in that meeting. It only lasted like thirty seconds but I just had this thought of, "Man, I could just leave now and go buy a bottle of wine for tonight. Could always start being sober tomorrow." I knew that was a crazy thought, that tomorrow never comes, so I just kept listening to what others were saying and the craving was gone within the minute.

Today looks to be much the same schedule. I'm off work tomorrow so will have to come up with some plan to keep myself busy.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:55 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, sleepy hello from me.

I didn't sleep well at all last night but I know excactly why - I was stressing myself out about my driving lesson this morning. And of course, after all that worry and panic, it went brilliantly! First time since I started all this that I feel like I might actually get the hang of this driving stuff

I hope everyone who had a tough Saturday is doing better today.