Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 10

Old 10-17-2014, 04:44 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Yay pink!!! 50 is awesome!!!!!
Old 10-17-2014, 04:48 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Way to go Pink (50!) and Cute (20!). Outstanding!

London, your progress has been amazing. You mentioned being honest. Don't forget to be proud!

Dmcheshire, great decision to join the group. Special people and connections here.

Knb and Penkins- Your resolve is fantastic. I'm sorry your journey of late has been challenging. The advice the team has given is strong. Let us know how we can help. Nobody is going to get left behind here!
Old 10-17-2014, 04:54 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Choobie at 70- awesome! Sorry I missed that as it happened (and to anyone else!).

Acknowledging success- in every form- is important.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:21 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Good morning class. Welcome new members!!

Apologies for not posting regularly. Have been quite occupied w/our new puppy---he's much like a new baby!! He's a large breed (German Shepherd), and protective by nature, so socialization and active training are going to be important.

Well, today I am on day 33. This should be close to day 60 for me, but I did have a day that I made a poor choice. Decided not to dwell on it, and picked myself up and got right back on track. Really wish that hadn't happened, as I found no joy in any part of it. Not sure if this makes sense or not, but I think that I may have this down this time---I am just so over alcohol that it holds no attraction to me at this point. The very thought of it repulses me.

I'm really sorry to hear of those who are struggling right now. KNB--you can do this!!

Have a great day class!!

Much love,

MV
Old 10-17-2014, 05:44 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I agree, Ultra, and thanks!

My AV attack a few days ago let me know that I still have some work to do! I went through my true motivations to quit and made a wallet card, and made a few copies for my purse, briefcase, beside the couch and by my bed. My next step is to outline exactly how it feels to relapse (it's awful) and write it out. Then i'm going to make a list of all of the benefits i've experienced in just 70 days. This choobie is the real choobie. That drinking choobie was just a shadow! Then i'm going to take some time to think about what I need to, or would like to, do next. The AV loves inserting itself into my future plans, so it's worth while to me to imagine myself in situations that are likely to come up and how I will behave. For example, I have to meet a few friends this evening in a bar town. We are getting dinner, and they will have a drink or two. I can imagine meeting them, ordering a soda, enjoying the crush of loud people, eating dinner, and getting another soda before heading out. I'm going to look extra fantastic, of course Next up will be an imaginary dinner with my daughter and BF, and then on to thanksgiving where I am the most fabulous sober host imaginable!

Way to go on 50, pink! I hope your app. went well, London. Thanks for posting, mvgon, and happy 33!

No matter where we are or where we are starting from, Relentless Forward Progress!

I think we need some team colors. Thoughts?
Old 10-17-2014, 06:04 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Choobie. 70 is amazing!!!! You have wonderful ideas to keep yourself inline.

Mv great to hear from you. Good job on 33 days and also for picking yourself right back up and coming back here. Yay for you.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:15 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by penkins View Post
Every weekend is a struggle. Ive somewhat got weekdays down and I'm staying sober during the week (yeah!). But the weekend comes and at some point i realize I'm drinking without recalling how it started. That may not make sense. I guess what i mean is that it isn't a conscience decision to drink. I just find myself with a glass in hand. My drinking has gotten better/less. Even on the weekends. It rarely gets to the point of passing out. Still wake up feeling like a jerk.
Well how about you and I trying to have a sober Friday together?
Old 10-17-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScooterBoo View Post
Pink, CONGRATULATIONS on Day 50 ! ! Woo hoo! And, I totally relate to your description of going to work hungover. Why, why why didn't I stop years ago? It seems, from day to day, I forgot the hangover, unless it was so bad it required a day or two of bed rest - - So, so happy to be free of that.

DM, welcome! This is a great, supportive group.

Pink, I hope you find Mavis today!

knb, write the list and keep it with you. Can you make plans for a movie or shopping or a museum right after work to change your routine for a few days? Have you tried fighting the AV with comfort food like chocolate and ice cream? Can you bring your running gear to work and run at the end of your work day?

knb, I think you should continue posting, as often as possible, and read a number of threads. I find some very inspiring. STAY WITH US! Think of how proud of yourself you were - - you can get to that point again. It is the first few days that are the toughest. Get through those, and you will be right back on track. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Scooter I am glad I inspired you. I inspired myself too back then.....

Gosh I got to get back on track. I usually quit on the weekends. Got to nail this
Old 10-17-2014, 06:46 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
knb, I am sorry you are struggling. This has got to be painful and demoralizing.

In reading your posts, I must say, that two things that I haven't detected are:
1) an absolute firm commitment to yourself that you will not drink ,unconditionally, and
2) a clear plan on how you will support that commitment.

I will double check some of the prior posts (from months ago) but, I sort of recall this stuff being discussed then? In fact, I seem to recall, that in addition to the fact that every lasting quit has to start with that firm, unconditional commitment to stop, and I recall that to do lists in preparing for that quit, were detailed here.

I am pretty sure that "hope" as in "I hope to quit" isn't a sufficient strategy... it takes more than hope. Takes firm determination and then executing specific steps.

Make sense?
Old 10-17-2014, 07:11 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by glandon View Post
knb, I am sorry you are struggling. This has got to be painful and demoralizing.

In reading your posts, I must say, that two things that I haven't detected are:
1) an absolute firm commitment to yourself that you will not drink ,unconditionally, and
2) a clear plan on how you will support that commitment.

I will double check some of the prior posts (from months ago) but, I sort of recall this stuff being discussed then? In fact, I seem to recall, that in addition to the fact that every lasting quit has to start with that firm, unconditional commitment to stop, and I recall that to do lists in preparing for that quit, were detailed here.

I am pretty sure that "hope" as in "I hope to quit" isn't a sufficient strategy... it takes more than hope. Takes firm determination and then executing specific steps.

Make sense?
Yes it absolutely makes sense Glandon. Its almost like I have lost the desire to stop.
Okay.....I will not drink today...no matter how I feel.

I will go for a run. I will drink tea. I will watch a movie. I will eat biscuits

And I will call the AA if I am really desparate. Already nervous as hell cause the AV is creaming at me
Old 10-17-2014, 07:40 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

That is my plan. I may be posting alot to keep it on my mind.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:47 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Come on Penkins. Lets do this.

I am leaving work in 15 mins and I will collect my son. Then have a cup of coffee. Then go for a run.

I don't want to drink today
Old 10-17-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Scooter I am glad I inspired you. I inspired myself too back then.....

Gosh I got to get back on track. I usually quit on the weekends. Got to nail this
knb, I am going out to lunch today wearing a pair of Calvin Klein jeans from the 1990s! I kept them for inspiration because I loved the way they looked on, and I ballooned out of them so quickly that they are like new. I am now comfortably into them only because you inspired me to stay on track, cut down on the chocolates and ice cream and UP, UP, UP the exercise. I am so happy I never put these in the donation bin. You have only gained two pounds, that will come off quickly if you get back on track today.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:52 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Penkins, post, post, post if it helps. I also like to read the new posts in other threads, too.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:08 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I don't like myself right now. As you can tell lol
KNB YOU CAN DO IT~~~~!!!!! xoxoxoxox
Old 10-17-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScooterBoo View Post
knb, I am going out to lunch today wearing a pair of Calvin Klein jeans from the 1990s! I kept them for inspiration because I loved the way they looked on, and I ballooned out of them so quickly that they are like new. I am now comfortably into them only because you inspired me to stay on track, cut down on the chocolates and ice cream and UP, UP, UP the exercise. I am so happy I never put these in the donation bin. You have only gained two pounds, that will come off quickly if you get back on track today.
Oh bless you scooter. That made me emotional.

Ok ok. One day a a time. Will collect my son now and go for a run. Even if it kills me
Old 10-17-2014, 08:37 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
KNB YOU CAN DO IT~~~~!!!!! xoxoxoxox
Gonna do it!! Gonna do it,( white knuckles teeth clenching)

SOD YOU AV.SOD YOU!!!!
Old 10-17-2014, 09:12 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Checking in on Day 67. Don't have time to catch up on posts right now I just wanted to say my thoughts are with anyone struggling right now !! Love, Chris
Old 10-17-2014, 09:49 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Go Scooter!! Rock those jeans!!!

Knb. You got this!!!
Old 10-17-2014, 09:50 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Way to go on 67 days Chris!!! Awesome!!!