Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 9

Old 10-13-2014, 10:56 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CristinaN View Post
Morning everyone. I haven't posted in a while. I am back on day 2 today and I feel like such a heel but I thought I'd come right back and start posting more. I need to get serious about this!! So today I will not drink. Don't even have a desire to thankfully.
You and me both Christina. Day one for me.

Thank you all for your lovely welcomes.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:56 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sthlondonab View Post
Yey! K N Beeeeeeeeee!

Great to see you back. We missed you. Had a rubbish day at work and seeing your posts has made me happy you have come back to Team August.

Dust yourself off, head up high and crack on girl! You can do this! We are with you.
And well done for getting your chip sthlondon!
Old 10-13-2014, 10:59 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

cold and gloomy day... stopped at home for lunch and now I feel like playing hooky for my last two classes. I have 2 minutes to decide!
Old 10-13-2014, 11:00 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rah555 View Post
Checking in...today is day 16! I am recovering from my surgery. Feeling pretty good but a bit tired. I've used the down time to think about how I want to live my life. My husband and I don't seem to be on the same page. I go to bed early, even earlier than normal since my recovery, my husband has been going out to bars to watch sports, play trivia etc. after I go to bed. He comes in late then only sleeps for a few hours then needs to take a nap the next day to catch up. It makes it hard to turn his attention to finding things to do during the day instead of going to bars at night. I'm at work all day so he could find a hobby, volunteer or do something where he could meet people. He retired from his job when we moved but isn't really interested in working. I'm getting frustrated because I think he should be doing more to develop a positive social network in our new city. I feel like I want our life to go in a different direction focused on doing more during the day...kayaking, hiking, volunteering, things not focused on drinking. I am frustrated, but not drinking!
Good for you Rah! I am so glad you are on day 16! I remember when you came back and you were feeling so down ( like the way I feel now). But your post sounds so positive..like you know what you want more.
You may not having any answers as yet but you sure are going in the right direction!
Old 10-13-2014, 11:01 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
cold and gloomy day... stopped at home for lunch and now I feel like playing hooky for my last two classes. I have 2 minutes to decide!
What have you decided?
Old 10-13-2014, 11:02 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Well I got another three hours to go and I got day one in the bag. Phew.

Has Dingo dog posted today?
Old 10-13-2014, 11:03 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dingodog View Post
We missed you too, knb. Feel better soon!
Ah there you are. I am feeling a bit better already dingo. I got to stop letting this ex mess with my head
Old 10-13-2014, 11:05 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

bah. I'm going.

I will have to catch up on here later tonight.
much love ppl
Old 10-13-2014, 11:05 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Happy Monday all---I wrote out a few bullet points on an index card when I first began. I keep it in my old-fashioned day timer and glance at it from time to time. There are dozens more, these simple ones comfort me for some reason…

Although I had my 3 teens for the weekend, they all made plans last night and I was alone with a fire. I thought about a drink and realized that it wasn't a drink that I wanted…it was what I didn't want….namely, boredom and loneliness. There are other alternatives to those two feelings however….my goal over the weeks/months/years is to find them and as Apple's poster suggests….find the real me.

-self-care is a new concept. Relaxing on the couch with booze is not self care

-Try not to get too hungry, too tired, too stressed or too angry

- Take it slow, keep life simple

- Expect to feel all of the feelings you have numbed for the past 10 years

- Play the consequences of picking up a drink thru in your mind

-5 p.m to 7 p.m will be problematic…plan ahead

-relapses are even worse starting all over mentally and physically

- You are going to have down days, fight thru them
Old 10-13-2014, 11:11 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ClearEyes24 View Post
Happy Monday all---I wrote out a few bullet points on an index card when I first began. I keep it in my old-fashioned day timer and glance at it from time to time. There are dozens more, these simple ones comfort me for some reason… Although I had my 3 teens for the weekend, they all made plans last night and I was alone with a fire. I thought about a drink and realized that it wasn't a drink that I wanted…it was what I didn't want….namely, boredom and loneliness. There are other alternatives to those two feelings however….my goal over the weeks/months/years is to find them and as Apple's poster suggests….find the real me. -self-care is a new concept. Relaxing on the couch with booze is not self care -Try not to get too hungry, too tired, too stressed or too angry - Take it slow, keep life simple - Expect to feel all of the feelings you have numbed for the past 10 years - Play the consequences of picking up a drink thru in your mind -5 p.m to 7 p.m will be problematic…plan ahead -relapses are even worse starting all over mentally and physically - You are going to have down days, fight thru them

This is great. Thanks so much.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:13 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
You and me both Christina. Day one for me. Thank you all for your lovely welcomes.

Let's keep each other accountable. . I know I don't want to start over again ever!!
Old 10-13-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

welcome back cristina! glad you're ok :-)
Old 10-13-2014, 11:49 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pinklinzangel View Post
welcome back cristina! glad you're ok :-)
Thanks.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:01 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Great to hear from you Christina!
Old 10-13-2014, 12:16 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ultramarathoner View Post
Great to hear from you Christina!

Thanks. Glad to be back. For good this time.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:52 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Yay, Cristina! Glad to have you back and posting. For good!!
Old 10-13-2014, 12:54 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Yay, Cristina! Glad to have you back and posting. For good!!
Yup. For good. . Btw I loved what you posted a few days ago while on your quick break from your family. Good stuff.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:22 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Welcome back KNB! You were missed dearly. Your honesty will help you do this.

Cristina - Great job being honest and jumping right back on the sober path.

I'm so proud of both you! Keep posting and keep taking good care of yourselves because you are worth it!

Old 10-13-2014, 01:26 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grateful11 View Post
Welcome back KNB! You were missed dearly. Your honesty will be happy you do this. Cristina - Great job being honest and jumping right back on the sober path. I'm so proud of both you! Keep posting and keep taking good care of yourselves because you are worth it!

Thanks grateful. I hope things are going well with you.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:29 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

CuteNGayYay - Thinking of you on your exciting first day at a new job!

My sleep was similar to yours before the beginning of October. I thought I would have a difficult time adjusting but it was fine and I even feel better with more structure in my day!

Way better than trying to get up for work hungover. As others have said, I don't know how I did it. I never drank during the day but my work was most definitely affected by my hangovers. I was never physically sick except for being extremely tired. I also used to have trouble remembering words when hungover. So sad. It became my new normal so I thought I was still doing great. What a lie!

Grateful to be sober today. Had some ghost saves from reading the posts on SR yesterday.

Storm is starting here in the Chi. Yay! I love a good thunderstorm - time to light the candles and watch a thriller.