Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 8

Old 10-01-2014, 02:33 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Dingo! Glad u got your hair did :P I love this time of year! Pumpkins, Turkey, Christmas Trees, lights. Can't forget pumpkin spice and peppermint mocha products :P
Old 10-01-2014, 02:36 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1stepup View Post
Glad you made it home ok London, took the last couple of days off to get well, feeling better tonight

Used the time I had to myself today to get stuck into my step 4 work- written 36pages so far- think I may have gone OTT!!!! Still only halfway through!!! Its hard to look back at times, mistakes that still make me cringe etc, but Im trying to look on it as cleansing and moving forward so going to stick with it.
Cheers! Glad you are feeling better. "Fearless and thorough" step4 mate!! I think you are doing great, I'm writing a similar amount if that helps. It's tough as anything but I can see where it will go and that it will all be taken away, you've got that too from your post.

My work book is battered from throwing it across the room several times, lol. What I have started doing is finding an hour before going out to AA rather than doing it before bedtime etc and then it running through your head. Maybe give that a try? That way I get to share it in a meeting, well usually a quiet chat with someone afterwards
Old 10-01-2014, 02:38 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Happy birthday dingo!

Sounds like a productive day. I wish I lived in the US for fall season. All the pumpkin talk and thoughts of the holidays coming makes me jealous. You guys do it all so well !
Old 10-01-2014, 02:53 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Happy happy birthday dingo!!!!

Do something special for yourself!
Old 10-01-2014, 03:02 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy birthday Dingo - Hope this is best eyar ever for you

Originally Posted by Grateful11 View Post

Y'all be future trippin'...saying you will still be here and sober in August 2015! I was thinking of how much that contrasts with sthlondonab's story about the woman at his AA meeting in his travels. She was 33 years sober - she said she did it by just staying sober one day at a time - she didn't say she would be sober for 33 years. She said "If I don't drink today, I can't get drunk today." I respect that wisdom.

For me I really do have to take it one day at a time. I hope I am still here and sober in August 2015 but I have no idea. I do know that I don't drink, don't want to drink and I am not drinking today.

Work it sober because you are worth it! Hugs to all of you!
I started off as a one day at a time guy cos forever seemed immense to be...I also didn't really have faith in myself to do it back then....

But, as you rack up those days, one at a time, and you work hard at recovery, you change...

Eventually forever didn't feel so scary...cos I was already doing it.
And I preferred being sober

I'd say categorically everyone here has the same capacity and opportunity to be here sober in Aug 2015 if they want it

D
Old 10-01-2014, 03:19 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grateful11 View Post
Hey Team! Just checking in. Grateful to be sober today. Grateful to be blessed with work.

CelestialWaves - Congrats on 2 months! Fantastic!

1StepUp - Hope today is a better day!

Y'all be future trippin'...saying you will still be here and sober in August 2015! I was thinking of how much that contrasts with sthlondonab's story about the woman at his AA meeting in his travels. She was 33 years sober - she said she did it by just staying sober one day at a time - she didn't say she would be sober for 33 years. She said "If I don't drink today, I can't get drunk today." I respect that wisdom.

For me I really do have to take it one day at a time. I hope I am still here and sober in August 2015 but I have no idea. I do know that I don't drink, don't want to drink and I am not drinking today.

Work it sober because you are worth it! Hugs to all of you!
Totally appretiate your perspective Gratefull!

The fact that we all have and share different perspectives, motivators, strategies, and tactics is fantastic.

I work better by focusing on a (sometime extreme!) long term goal, then breaking the goal into manageble short and near term bites, then attacking the short term goals with vigor (recognizing that without short term commitment and work- the long term goal is futile). Steven Covey calls this the "Start with the End in Mind" strategy.

I also recognize the value of simply focusing on a key short term task day, after day, after day, and consistently and persistently pursuing excellence in it. Then, looking back at how far one has come. I'll call this the Forest Gump philosophy who, "Just Felt Like Running" and ended up running across the country.

I wish the team continued success as we continue to refine what works for us as we relentlessly pursue our worthy goal!
Old 10-01-2014, 03:19 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Thanks all for the birthday greetings. I was so glad I faced this day, able to do the things I wanted and needed to do, with a clear head. And no regrets. Got alot done, and loving my new haircut. Going to go get a pizza too. No cooking tonight for Dingodog. Thanks everyone.
Old 10-01-2014, 03:31 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Dingo!
Old 10-01-2014, 03:52 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Happy bday Dingo!!
Old 10-01-2014, 03:54 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Happy Birthday Dingo! Glad u got your hair did :P I love this time of year! Pumpkins, Turkey, Christmas Trees, lights. Can't forget pumpkin spice and peppermint mocha products :P
I love this time of the year too..mince pies and was gonna say mulled wine but none for me.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:02 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dingodog View Post
Hey Cute, I really get that. When life issues are the hardest, boy, its really hard to get it together. Going through that now. Congrats on day 5!
We will get there.
Today is my birthday, 50 something.. that's all I wish to add!
I celebrated by getting that much needed haircut. Then I got my butt outside, and did all my fall prep work in the yard. Put my pumpkins out, and my wreath on the door. It kept me busy most of the afternoon. And it looks so nice now. Wouldn't have given a hoot about all that if I was drinking. I'm trying to accomplish small things, and then give myself a huge pat on the back, for doing them. Good therapy.
Happy Birthday, Dingo!

I know exactly what you mean about trying to get small things done, that in the past you never would have bothered with. I covered my central AC unit today - - probably the first time in three years I have bothered to do it.

I am starting to think I am (was?) lazy. There are many chores I could have done instead of drinking because I was bored, lonely, etc.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Happy birthday dingo!! Day 4, feeling better today. Went for a walk today at lunch and went for a walk after dinner w my husband. Finally feeling better physically. Wish I was like most of you who were starting their second month. Congrats to you all!
Old 10-01-2014, 05:07 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rah555 View Post
Happy birthday dingo!! Day 4, feeling better today. Went for a walk today at lunch and went for a walk after dinner w my husband. Finally feeling better physically. Wish I was like most of you who were starting their second month. Congrats to you all!
You'll be there before you know it!
Old 10-01-2014, 05:17 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Thanks to team A. For all the support, through good times, and bad. Just ate 3 pieces of pizza! Ugh! Need to do an extra mile or so tomorrow, on walking. I'm really not into horoscopes, but just thought I would look up mine for today, being my bday and all. Just for the fun of it.
It says, this year Libra , is a time to let go of things that no longer serve you. Hold onto things that have a future. And let go of the things holding you back.
Wow, how true is all of that? Hits home. Nice reading. And very inspirational.
Thanks again team for the support, and bday wishes.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:34 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Rah, we will get there. Let's just do it one day at a time. The fact you are back, me too, and others, means we still want this. That's saying so much. And good luck on your tummy tuck. I'm sure you will come through it all with flying colors. Keep us all posted. I need one myself, but have to do it through exercise and diet. We shouldn't get hung up on the # count, but when we do add enough up sober days, who doesn't want to toot their horn? Makes me feel discouraged sometimes too, but we will get there. And that is a proud moment that deserves much praise. They deserve it, we will as well. I'm so proud of all of team A.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:36 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Happy birthday dingo!
Old 10-01-2014, 05:47 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Cristina how are you doing girl!
Old 10-01-2014, 06:35 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dingodog View Post
Thanks to team A. For all the support, through good times, and bad. Just ate 3 pieces of pizza! Ugh! Need to do an extra mile or so tomorrow, on walking. I'm really not into horoscopes, but just thought I would look up mine for today, being my bday and all. Just for the fun of it.
It says, this year Libra , is a time to let go of things that no longer serve you. Hold onto things that have a future. And let go of the things holding you back.
Wow, how true is all of that? Hits home. Nice reading. And very inspirational.
Thanks again team for the support, and bday wishes.
DingoDog...thanks for this! I am also a Libra and I love that this fits perfectly with recovery.

Old 10-01-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hi candy bars and diet coke for me tonight.

October! Best month ever! And we get to spend it sober!!
Old 10-01-2014, 07:41 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Happy birthday, Dingo!
My family is now on the second stage of the flu and I have been holed up for a few days. Your posts are so thought provoking and inspiring today. Thank you guys for you insights. Ghost save!

Talk to you all tomorrow