Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 7

Old 09-23-2014, 02:30 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hey all,

Applekat's post made me realise it's been a while since I posted too, although I still do try and read as much as I can of the thread. In general I'm still really busy with work, but I think not drinking is actually helping with the stress there as I relax better on the weekends, and never feel mildly crappy on weekday mornings (apart from when I sleep poorly, which is actually still too often). But anyway, I'm at day 66 today, and just want to say that while I'm not the most vocal I'm still here rooting for all of us and proud of everyone in the team making it through. I'll try and check in more often
Old 09-23-2014, 02:34 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Morning everyone! On my mobile so can't keep scrolling back and forth to remember who posted what so forgive no personal mentions! Lovely to wake up to lots of positive messages!! Have a great day all, will post more later. Oooh have just booked a last minute break to north Wales this weekend, so this will be my first sober holiday! (practising for the big one in November! Day 26 here :-) happy days xx
Old 09-23-2014, 03:06 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Thank you guys so much for your kind words. I only have a minute this morning but I wanted to say thank you and say that waking up sober and with ok regrets or fuzziness about the night before or the day ahead really does make it all worth it.
You guys are awesome, thanks again.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:17 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a great day FABL and everyone

D
Old 09-23-2014, 04:04 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brach123 View Post
Thanks for the advice ultra, I will ask for advice when I get back to the gym later this week also.

Forabetterlife - I'm sorry to hear about your family struggles, but you sure must be an asset and a positive influence being sober. Best wishes.

London I hope you enjoy your day being able to be as productive and positive as you now appear to be in your recovery.

Leeloo oh yeah I love metta/loving kindness! Such a great form of meditation. I need to up my game though and set aside more time to meditate. Thanks for the reminder!

Happy to hear you're perking up Dee!

Hey Knb, I think everybody (even 'normal' people!) has days like that unfortunately and if my experience of the last few days is anything to go by, you may well feel completely different by this afternoon, I hope so!! Do you have anything planned for the day to keep you occupied? Best wishes to you.

I'm going for a wander around Little Moreton Hall today, it's an awesome looking house from the 1500's, it should be interesting. I've also gotta send in tons more apps!! Oh I may also go for a run now I've said I would haha. I've been putting off getting stuck into my step 4 so need to get on with that and will be doing some meditation also. When I put it down in words I still feel blown away by the change from what my life was like when drinking daily, I love it!!!!

Sending all you guys positive power and hoping you have a great sober day.

PS - those struggling keep connected to the forums, it helped me so much thee other day when I was down.
Brach when I feel like this I usually eat doughnuts, apple pie, pizza and a huge curry later and wash it all down with a bottle or two of wine. Then hate myself the next day and do it all over again because I feel sorry for myself.

So I guess I am doing ok. I am breaking this self destructive cycle by just feeling it and not reacting. I will eat healthy today, drink lots of water and do my boxing class later.

Man I am growing up!!!
Old 09-23-2014, 04:45 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by carter89 View Post
Hey all,

Applekat's post made me realise it's been a while since I posted too, although I still do try and read as much as I can of the thread. In general I'm still really busy with work, but I think not drinking is actually helping with the stress there as I relax better on the weekends, and never feel mildly crappy on weekday mornings (apart from when I sleep poorly, which is actually still too often). But anyway, I'm at day 66 today, and just want to say that while I'm not the most vocal I'm still here rooting for all of us and proud of everyone in the team making it through. I'll try and check in more often
Congrats on day 66, carter!! I'm happy to hear that. Post as much as you need to! Just remember to use us when AV comes whispering. I hear you on the continued poor sleep. It's rough - when you're making this major life change...a huge deal for 'people like us' - I pictured sleeping like a baby on a fluffy white cloud. Not quite yet lol. I just keep reminding myself some things are going to take time...after the years of what I put my body through.

Happy sober Tuesday y'all!
Old 09-23-2014, 05:45 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sthlondonab View Post
Hey blackbird sorry, in my post I missed saying congrats on 40 days!

So many posts to keep up with and so much success !

I might have to start writing in a spiral notebook too and then post....
No worries! Thank you!
Old 09-23-2014, 06:17 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. It's been a long while since I've posted. I first want to send a big shout out to Applekat and dingodog for checking in on me. Thanks y'all. . I've had a few bumps in the past month but I'd like to start posting more if y'all will have me back. I've been keeping up with everyone and am so proud of everyone's milestones. Y'all have all inspired me to come back so thank you
Old 09-23-2014, 06:33 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Heck, yessss, girl!

(My secret plan of roll call causing people to check in and post is totally working..!!! <Insert evil plan laughter>)
Old 09-23-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CristinaN View Post
Hey everyone. It's been a long while since I've posted. I first want to send a big shout out to Applekat and dingodog for checking in on me. Thanks y'all. . I've had a few bumps in the past month but I'd like to start posting more if y'all will have me back. I've been keeping up with everyone and am so proud of everyone's milestones. Y'all have all inspired me to come back so thank you
Hey ChristinaN.Welcome back :-)
Old 09-23-2014, 06:41 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Heck, yessss, girl!

(My secret plan of roll call causing people to check in and post is totally working..!!! <Insert evil plan laughter>)
Ha ha you are funny Apple
Old 09-23-2014, 06:42 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by carter89 View Post
Hey all,

Well done Carter!
Old 09-23-2014, 06:43 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
No worries! Thank you!
Brilliant BBlackbird. Awesome
Old 09-23-2014, 06:43 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I don't feel so miserable this afternoon. Yeah ;-)
Old 09-23-2014, 09:55 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hmmm. I still do.

Ok sod the healthy diet and exercise today. Gonna make a curry and chocolate mousse. Then just sit and veg in front of the tv all night feeling miserable.

At least I am not drinking :-/
Old 09-23-2014, 10:05 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hey KNB yeah I do pretty much the same with over eating etc. I went and bought a new jacket today, it's only temporary pleasure, but in these early stages of recovery I wanna get through them by any means!

I also get you on just sitting with the feelings and not acting on them. It has been suggested to me that the best way to deal with negative emotions is not to fight or try to run from them, but to say yes! to them, accept them and they pass quicker this way. It's definitely tough at times, but this is quite often when I meditate and it is helping.

Enjoy your treat tonight and I hope you have a pleasant evening, you're doing amazing!

Welcome back Carter and Cristina! Glad to hear you're both doing well.

Good vibes to you guys!
Old 09-23-2014, 10:12 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Knb I hear ya.

After the whirlwind weekend I was left sober but depressed about missing out, perhaps. So yesterday I had 4 squares of pizza for lunch, a piece of cake at some point and 4 Krispie squares throughout the day. (Puke.).

Better than a bottle of wine. And today I threw out that leftover party food.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:31 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

hey guys hope you all had a good day, am off out to play tennis in a mo to work off the cookies I ate yesterday!!!
London - I love to play but I cant stand to watch it!

Cristina, carter and ph7 nice to meet you all :-)

have found some low cal ginger ale as my beverage of the evening, and low cal popcorn if I feel really naughty - I am SOOOO rock and roll over here!!!
speak to you all later :-)
Old 09-23-2014, 10:57 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

dingodog - I hope you are well! I think last post you were at a friend's jumping on their wifi so I hope things are good and I'm thinking of you!

sober808 - I know I saw you post or 'like' a post recently and I wanted to give you a shout out!

zozotxiki - I hope Madrid was fun and restful!

It's a gorgeous day here in New York!
Old 09-23-2014, 11:04 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Mvngon how was your dinner last night??