Notices

Class of September 2014 part 2

Old 09-15-2014, 08:17 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
On my way....

Morning Class! Day 15, feeling good, enjoying my one day off today. Fall has most definitely arrived here in WV! A few trees are already looking golden, Autumn is a delicious treat here in the mountains! Homemade chicken noodle soup and fresh baked crusty french bread are on the menu tonight, will pair well with the chilly air!

Alynn, always good to see you!

Hope everyone is doing well today, wishing you all a happy day!
Old 09-15-2014, 08:28 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

ANewDayNYC. 9/14/14 is a good sobriety date. Looks nice in print, if you know what I mean...

PinkiGreen. Double digits! Two thumbs up.

DancingDiva. Keep that positivity going. BTW, I love the quote in your signature.

Alynn. Congratulations on 2 weeks! I'm happy that you've found a good support group and that you're getting out there and talking to people. Very cool.

TryingInTexas. Good on you for breaking your record. I've got to haul out the bike at some point too - I've been too tired, but now I'm starting to feel better.

NotSoIvory. Glad you're feeling better. I have seen changes - I've lost some of the puffiness in my face, especially around the eyes. However, the major difference is in my expression. In the first picture, it looks like there's 'nobody home'. If there's any emotion in my eyes, it's kind of a vague look of sadness and worry. In the second picture, I can see a personality there. I haven't seen myself like that for so long that the picture was almost shocking to look at. I was like - who is that woman? I don't recognize her. It's pretty interesting. (Thanks for posting those links, BTW.)

ForwardMotion. Two weeks. So glad you're doing well - keep on doing what you're doing!

gnarlyboots. I know that it takes courage for a lumberjack with a tiger head to admit that he has emotions, but there's nothing wrong with crying or feeling moved by something. We're all here for you.

SuperMega. 35 days...I can't wait til I get there. SuperAwesome.

safeandsound. As the week goes on it'll get better. You really can do this.

So...it's a beautiful fall day and I'm still feeling all right despite having a wicked headache last night. Little by little, I feel my energy coming back. I'm really watching my intake of nutrients and doing the best I can to make my body start trusting me again. This may sound totally whacked out, but every once in a while I talk to my body. I reassure it that it won't have to go into emergency mode to process any poisons. Basically, I tell it that it's going to be an easy day at work for a change...

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:33 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Smile

Happy Monday! made it through the weekend kept really busy, spent time with family, hit a couple meetings, went on walks watched my favorite NFL team win a game yesterday ( Go Browns ) read a book and most of all I stayed sober and feel great. Day 12 and life is good and for that I am very thankful....
Old 09-15-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Hi Class,

A lot of positive and real messages to read....It's like, "welcome back to reality!"

(3) weeks today. The weekend was a bit of a challenge for the first time since the beginning. Nothing serious, thank goodness, just some habitual flash-backs...."like shouldn't I be drinking right now?"

Though, we know it's a challenge, nice to read that we're all hanging tough.

Stay Strong Septemberites......
Old 09-15-2014, 09:23 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Hi, I am on Day One and new to the forum. I hope to make today a great sober day and hope to get where everyone else is at too, one day at a time.

I am feeling positive for once about quitting and believe this time I really can. I am happy to have found this place. Thanks for being here for me.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:37 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

I drank yesterday. I just don't seem to get it. It started with football at a friend's house and since it was his birthday, I chose to drink with him. Of course, I never stopped. Later after I returned home, I was so furious at myself because I felt crappy (pre-hangover) and out of control. I was ****** to my kids and wife. I ended up kicking a hole in the wall out of frustration with myself. I passed out and then woke up at 11:30pm with alcohol induced insomnia and couldn't sleep until 5am. I slept through my kids getting ready for school and I have a 4 day business trip, so I won't see them again until this weekend. What a great dad I am. I feel awful today. I am so tired of this BS.

This morning, for some reason, I did something different. I reached out and made contact with a live person and asked for help. Today, I will stay sober.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Good to read your post Jazzfish. Good you are trying something different. Me too. There is hope, I know there is. We can do it too, just like everyone else on these threads.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
nmd

This is so much harder than I ever imagined, and it's so tiring drink to the point of passing out. I'm with you jazzfish, it's definitely time for me to reach out.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:40 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Checking in classmates. Today makes 19 straight sober days.

Friday was a challenge...Had to go to 2 AA meetings that day to make it through unscathed...Thing was there wasn't really anything that sparked it...

But 5 PM, on last Friday my AV went ballistic and wouldn't stop!...

But went to the 2nd meeting, and went home that night irritable and grouchy..

But slept good...Woke up Saturday morning and the urges/feelings were gone.

And here i am Monday back at work...Feeling great and ready to rock.

Off to my weekly aftercare session tonight..Looking forward to day 20 tomorrow.

Best of luck to us all September class. We've got this!
Old 09-15-2014, 03:21 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to the gang cecilia

Congratulations to all those hitting milestones today - and welcome back to those giving this another go

D
Old 09-15-2014, 04:04 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

(Day 9, he said, pinching himself). Event at church tonight. One hour to go. In another time I'd have "pregamed" with one of those Tetrapaks of cheap wine. Tonight I'm going to enjoy these tasty crackers from the vending machine and leave just in time so I won't be tempted to stop anywhere.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:26 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Thanks Avice! Going to go back and read what I've missed today tonight... Since coming out and letting others know I've decided to stop life has been pretty fantastic... Not all the time but for the majority if the time! Feeling free! Enjoying the days more and anxiety is fading! Starting to believe in myself again. Had dinner with a couple of girlfriends tonight. I've canceled so many times on because of drinking. So tonight was great! Hope your week started well also!

Welcome Cecilia!
Old 09-15-2014, 05:32 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Day 3 - I woke up this morning with that feeling like I just don't want to face the day. I wasn't tired. I had woken up early because I went to bed early. But all I wanted to do was keep sleeping and not deal with anything. I don't know where that comes from. I had no hangover, nor a real solid reason for it.

But, I got up, posted here, went to work... Feeling ok now. I promised myself I would go to the gym today. Signed up 15 days ago and haven't gone once because I kept getting myself hungover, lungs hurting, and on a disrupted schedule. So, today I will change that.

Avice - Wow, that is very telling. And amazing how much good recovery can do even in such a short period of time. Thanks for sharing.

ForwardMotion - Congrats on Day 15!

Neverthought - Congrats on 3 weeks! Woot!

Peace2uuu - Congrats on 12 days!

Cecilia 44 - Welcome!

Jazzfish - Welcome back. I can relate. Can't tell you how many times I opened up a beer and told myself I would just have a few and ended up drinking all night long, often to the point of memory loss or worse... I could manage having just a few on some rare occasions, but that did nothing more than give my AV ammunition to lie to myself some more. Ugh... and the alcohol induced insomnia. The torture that is. Glad you were able to muster up the strength and courage to reach out to someone. That is a huge step.

nmd - It sounds like you're struggling. Are you okay?

TryinginTexas- Congrats on day 9!

findingtheway - Congrats on day 19 and thank you for the inspiration.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:47 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Tired, little one just constantly whiny and defiant. Work asking way too much every day. Not sure how much more I can take. Air conditioning seems to be broken / leaking through my laundry room ceiling. Not a good time for this, I'm scraping up money to buy a plane ticket for friends destination wedding in Mexico that i really should be using the money to get a divorce (plus i will have alcohol shoved in my face the whole time I'm there). Just soooo tired of it all. If she wasn't the closest friend I've got I wouldn't go at all. I'm lying in bed trying to relax. Congrats to all those with sober days and welcome to those just joining. Sorry I'm the Debbie downer, sober debbie downer though! Cup half full, lol.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:50 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Sorry jazzfish about your struggle, we're in your corner and here to listen.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:53 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
On my way....

Sorry to hear that Pre, anyway you can come up with a viable excuse not to attend the wedding....if she's your closest friend even the truth might do, she may understand that traveling somewhere isn't cheap, especially for a mom going through a divorce! Plus, it sounds like you'd be facing a lot of temptation in the midst of so much stress, never a good combo in my experience! Hugs....sorry you're feeling down! We're here for support!
Old 09-15-2014, 06:01 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Hey Fwd, i rsvp'd earlier this year, paid for the room already. Its like the ball is in motion and I dont want to hurt her. She cried because her dad got a room at a nearby hotel instead of the one the package is for. Just not wanting to be another source of disappointment for her. Her soon to be hubby has a sober brother tho! I'm going to hang with him. It is stressful though as far as finances.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:02 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

I'm jealous of the turn to autumn you're describing fwd!
Old 09-15-2014, 06:12 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
On my way....

You know we're here for 24/7 support when you go!

Yes, being so clear minded in the mornings has helped wake me up to the surroundings on the way to work....I'm actually observing the process of the leaves changing this year, normally on the way to work my mind is humming with anxiety of what was said or done the night before. It brings an inner peace to appreciate stuff like nature, warms my soul!
Old 09-15-2014, 06:52 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

blah but better

Hi, everyone. Just checking in. Today was really hard. I felt just like NSI this morning: "Day 3 - I woke up this morning with that feeling like I just don't want to face the day. I wasn't tired. I had woken up early because I went to bed early. But all I wanted to do was keep sleeping and not deal with anything." Exactly!! And I'm on Day 3, too, so it really helps to hear that. I dragged myself to work, but it actually went well in spite of my exhaustion. I can already tell that my mind is a bit clearer.

I got a second wind after work, but also that nagging thought that a drink sure would be nice after I put in all that effort! To make it worse, after I got home my husband texted to see if I wanted to come play pool at the bar with our friends. I was angry at him for being able to drink and felt excluded, but I didn't go. After that I was losing my mind for a bit and ate two full dinners, snacks, and a bag of candy. I felt panicky. Hanging by a thread. Then I made some chamomile tea, hoping it would calm me down, and have been on SR since then, reading tons of threads in the Newcomers section. The Gratitude List helped a lot because I'm already grateful for some things in only 3 days and needed reminding. But I also liked reading the stories of where people came from and the people who are struggling. Such great support. It really helped.

So now I don't feel happy or relaxed, and I'm WAY TOO FULL of food and tea, but I am so grateful I didn't drink.

Jazzfest, hang in there! I have felt that way so many times. You're with friends here. Glad you made the decision to change.