Class of September 2014 part 2

continues from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...2014-a-20.html

D
Old 09-12-2014, 12:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

shotgun! lol

Thread #2! Lets go everyone lots of support for this month, make Dee start a 3rd thread .
Old 09-12-2014, 01:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Morning all
Hope you're all well today. Test for me tomorrow. I'm travelling out of town for a friends birthday. I'm the only one not drinking out of about 10. I'm looking forward to it and have no desire at all to drink but I know it can suddenly pop up so I'll be checking in here often.
Hello to the newer than me newcomers
Have a strong sober weekend
Old 09-12-2014, 01:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a great sober time, bellaboos

D
Old 09-12-2014, 02:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good Morning class!

Glad to see everyone hanging in there, and also for those that continue to struggle but are not giving up the fight. Thankful to read the positive posts here every day.

Day 17 for me and looking forward to a nice, quiet, sober weekend. I had enough stress this week. Plus the temps dropped. No more summer here...it's cold. Brrr.

All the best to each and every one one of you!
Old 09-12-2014, 02:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
CPM

I've got heaps to keep me occupied this weekend, not fun things, but still better then the alternative

Everybody keep focused this weekend and remember the consequences of that first drink.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

One Dozen Days & I'm Delightfully Delirious.

Ok i am not actually delirious but I couldn't think of anything better begininng with D!!

Still not bad eh!
Old 09-12-2014, 03:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Morning all, hope you are all coping ok!? Got my little lad for the weekend, looking forward to being a sober human nurf gun target. "TAKE COVER........!"

Day 15 whoooop whoooop
Old 09-12-2014, 04:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Have a good time bellaboos hang in there. Have a good day class! I didn't drink last night tho I wanted to and have no regrets!!!! Headed work early, first time in years.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:15 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations to all you guys hitting milestones

D
Old 09-12-2014, 05:04 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Luper View Post
Good Morning class! Glad to see everyone hanging in there, and also for those that continue to struggle but are not giving up the fight. Thankful to read the positive posts here every day. Day 17 for me and looking forward to a nice, quiet, sober weekend. I had enough stress this week. Plus the temps dropped. No more summer here...it's cold. Brrr. All the best to each and every one one of you!
Brrrrrr I was in Chicago last night..

I can do all things through he who strengthens me
Old 09-12-2014, 05:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
On my way....

Good morning everyone! 12 days looking quite spiffy on me, dontcha think??

Have fun bellaboos, check in with us, we're always here if you need us!

Good for you pretend3r, stay strong!

Tic, have fun!

TGIF, hope everyone has a great sober start to their weekend!
Old 09-12-2014, 05:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi,

Day (18). In a nice groove despite a rough morning yesterday which was not a fall-out from alcohol by any means.

Yes, fall is knocking in north-eastern PA as well. I love it!

Stay Strong Septemberites.....
Old 09-12-2014, 05:50 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good Morning class! Today makes 16 days of continuous sobriety.

Just past that half way marker to the first month again. Thanks class for the support and understanding. Together we can do this!
Old 09-12-2014, 06:01 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good morning class from a "chilly" 88 degrees in NC. I love Fall and I love how the South does Fall! We are still swimming and wearing sleeveless shirts, shorts and no socks!

Hitting day 11 here...not really counting, but it feels good nonetheless.

Take care, Pan
Old 09-12-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi all. Chilly here in Ottawa too. I like wearing Fall clothes though, so that's a plus.

thisibelieve. Hello and welcome.
Neverthought. Skeletons with party hats on? Nice. I don't think mine would fit in the closet though. Might need a storage locker.
JasonNorth. Congrats on hitting your milestone. Woo!
ANewDayNYC. I understand the frustration of having to deny yourself a night out. I had to do the same on day 2, but I know it was worth it. Getting out of this sickness is the most important thing to me right now.
bellaboos. Have fun at the party, and check in if you feel tempted.

I hit a milestone yesterday - 7 days. My next milestone will be day 31...I hit day 30 four years ago and relapsed. Yeah...I know...pretty long relapse, right?

I'm still extremely tired and it's starting to frustrate me. I actually have a lot of thinking to do. My future, my job (I'm unemployed for the first time in a long time), my desire to exercise...I'm just way too tired to do much of anything.

However, I did read my horoscope today (no, I don't really believe in astrology, but I like Rob Brezsny's Free Will Astrology). I found it really inspiring and it reminded me to take a step back and not try to fix everything at once. I'll paste it below - it might resonate with some of you.

"Those who invoke the old metaphor about the caterpillar that transforms into the butterfly often omit an important detail: the graceful winged creature is helpless and weak when it first wriggles free of its chrysalis. For a while it's not ready to take up its full destiny. As you get ready for your own metamorphosis, Libra, keep that in mind. Have plans to lay low and be self-protective in the days following your emergence into your new form. Don't try to do loop-the-loops right away."
Old 09-12-2014, 10:09 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey Avice...

From what you've expressed since becoming acquainted with you, you couldn't ask for a better message than that. Whether you believe in astrology or not, heed the good advice!

My first relapse took 1 1/2 years to pull myself together after 63 days, my second took one year after 84 days (that one hurt), my third took 6 months after 54 days. I see some people on SR go right back to sobriety after a slip. For whatever reason, I cannot just pull myself out of it. I guess I just give in disappointment and then I tell myself 'F it.

Strangely enough those intervals are very accurate. Maybe I have something to look forward too after all, e.g., slowly moving in the right direction.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hope everyone is having a great Friday! Peaceful weekend ahead if we just stick w/ it !

I can do all things through he who strengthens me
Old 09-12-2014, 10:58 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Friday. Years ago there was a happy hour every Friday at my office. I was usually one of the first ones there and one of the last to leave. I used to think those were the good old days. Now I just think they were the old days. Today, I just want to get home this evening without worrying about a DWI anymore!!!
Old 09-12-2014, 11:47 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
On my way....

Avice, I'm a Libra too. Normally don't put a lot of stock in astrology but like reading mine on occasion, and I really like that....good advice for the newly sober of any sign!