Notices

Class of March 2013 part 32

Old 09-17-2014, 04:28 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Yeah gilmer, you are right, it was stormy for a while there. When I quit drinking, I moved the emotional goalposts. And I had never gotten past seven months before, so she was wondering if it was gonna stick. And it has to be hard to go from basically being in a relationship by yourself to suddenly having a very present, sometimes anxious partner. She acted out, I was sensitive, we both had a loooot to learn. I started growing and changing, she didn't know what to do with that. She used to be afraid of my embracing sobriety, now she loves it that I'm texting and laughing and crying with sober drunks.

You should see her now. I don't know who started it, but we don't just respect each other now because it's the right thing to do, we do it because we really want to be kind. It's a subtle shift but a biggie.

Anyway, yeah it's been pretty cool lately. I don't think I have ever felt this solid. And I'm yeah I've been engaged before...

Toots and sassy I want a full report of your fun time!
Old 09-18-2014, 02:42 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Good morning, Marchers!

I think I'll let Toots tell the stories 'cause she is so good at it :-) We had a rollicking good time! I thoroughly enjoyed the visit and hope we can do it again. My cat is extremely shy and for the past few years has disappeared for hours when anyone came to visit. She stayed out the whole time and the cutest part was after Toots left. She kept wandering around the living room looking lost and then jumped up on the sofa and sat where Toots had been sitting. I've had that sofa for almost 2 months and she had never even jumped on it before. She missed Toots :-)

Have a great day!
Old 09-18-2014, 03:52 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
We had a rollicking good time!
Girls I am so glad for you both, I knew you would but I'm glad all the same. Wonderful news about the Sass kitty!
Old 09-18-2014, 04:10 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

What fun, you guys!
Old 09-18-2014, 04:51 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

PS. Sass kitty is again sleeping on Toots' spot this morning. She is happily sacked out :-)
Old 09-18-2014, 04:57 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Toots, did you leave some sort of special scent on Sass's sofa cushion?
Old 09-18-2014, 07:17 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hahahahahaha I swear I left none of my 'special scent' on Sassies sofa! ( though that would explain why Kitty has been unconscious since I left!!)

It was such a great day! It was such fun to catch up in person, like an elongated SR postathon!! Sass is just as lovely and wise and kind in the flesh as online. We had an awesome lunch at a glass crafting place, after we ate we went to watch the guys making stuff it was absolutely fascinating!
We had a lovely drive around as I have never been to that part of the state, you can see some of the leaves beginning to turn, in a few weeks the colours will be amazing.
Thank you Sass for being the perfect hostess, and for all the giggles! Kitty is such a cutie, I thought it was my strange accent that kept her hanging around, but perhaps I just smell like an old Tom Cat and everyone has been too polite to tell me!!

I also found out yesterday that we need to vacate our apartment at the end of this month. hubby already has a temporary roof lined up for us for the remainder of our time here, so although it is an agrevation we would have preferred to avoid, Meh, it is what it is!

Wehav, I am so happy for you, it sounds like you have really both found a new strength in your togetherness, and it is right to stand up and share that bond with your nearest and dearest.

Love is too precious a gift to be taken lightly, we need to cherish and nurture it, or we realise only too late what we have lost. Sobriety changes us, if we do it correctly it cannot but change us, because finally, in sobriety, we allow ourselves to grow and become the mature emotional being that we had stunted and restricted with alcohol. But in that growth. The nature of our surrounding relationships change, and the ground becomes unsettled and boundaries shift. It is a scary time for those who love us, as we become someone different before their eyes. But relationships built on mutual love and respect will always survive the turmoil and usually become stronger. I count my blessings daily that I trusted my judgement and trusted my husbands love enough to be vulnerable. It gave me the strength to heal.

Love you all Marchers, I wish I could meet every one of you in person and hypnotise your pets!
Old 09-18-2014, 11:06 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Toots, kitty is continuing her odd behavior -- did you put a hex on her? I just found her perched on my coffee table and that's most unusual :-) Also, she has been marching around making lots more noise than usual.

Life, just a footnote about alcoholism and is it a choice or disease? In my IOP today we watched a movie called "Pleasure Unwoven" by a physician who is also an addict. He spent some years finding out everything he could about how addiction affects the brain. It is in layman's terms though it is quite complex. The movie is about 1-hour long and is available online for $25. It can be found easily with a title search.

WeHav, I am so happy to hear that you and j are doing so well!
Old 09-18-2014, 03:47 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers Oh Sass and Toots, I am so glad you had such a great time together, I'm green as anything about it but glad. How peculiar that you met when the national vote was going on about whether Scotland is going to let Toots come back or not! On the news it says that the polls have just closed so I guess we'll hear something in the next few hours.

I am champing at the bit for some warm temperatures, I might have to fly over to see Ken and go with him to see Trachy.

Have a good day peeps.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:31 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Well, Marcher - if you come over to see Ken and Trachy, then we should get the rest of the Marchers and probably make SR history with a full f2f get-together!

Glad to hear you are getting warmer weather -- we are going in the opposite direction. We are having night temperatures around freezing!
Old 09-18-2014, 06:27 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Wow! I don't know where to start with all the great news!

Duff...don't you have a 1 year celebration coming up or close???
Congratulations everyone. No matter what the count. It's all good.

WE!!! I'm so happy for you and J!!! About darn time you make an honest woman...out of you both!! As they used to say back in the day but now with a much long over due update. I want to be a virtual bridesmaid. I know. We will host your sober wedding shower. Everybody go virtual shopping. Where are virtually registered??? The sky's the limit so go wild.

MF made me beef and vegetable soup and I found a whole chicken leg in it. Okay. That's a new one. Must be an island thing.

Sass and Toots.

What up Marcher? Glad your Mum is doing well.

Hi DD and Ken and Trachy and Gilmer and Life and all you crazy kids out there.

Love you bunches!
xoxo
Old 09-18-2014, 07:21 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by 360shoes View Post
MF made me beef and vegetable soup and I found a whole chicken leg in it. Okay. That's a new one. Must be an island thing.
Sometimes, soup just ain't right without some chicken fat!

OMG, you ALL come to ATL and Ken won't make his flight, we'll all end up in Fulton County Jail, stories will be told, ballads will be sung, probably movies made about our epic adventure.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:36 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Trach, I get to ATL on Oct 3 at 10:15 Am. Leave for Chicago at 12:15.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:54 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

In my calendar, Budd! I will warn you, most of my golf tournaments are on Friday and Monday. That could stop me from meeting you. I do hope I can schedule them around your trip.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:55 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Now, If EVERYONE'S coming, I'll cancel work. And pre-arrange bail.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Now, If EVERYONE'S coming, I'll cancel work. And pre-arrange bail.
You're awesome, Trachy! Make sure the bail goes into effect after the big bash :-)

Well, fellow travelers and dear Marchers, you all have been so patient with me through my many attempts to be sober and words can't express my gratitude to all of you! I'm now at slightly over 6 weeks and can't imagine going back to feeling so miserable. I know there will always be risks ahead yet I've never felt so strongly committed. Alcohol is now where it should be - off the table! I don't expect that I'll always feel great but knowing that I can feel this way is huge. It is one day at a time ... but now I see that it's also more than that in overall motivation. I hadn't realized how much alcohol had affected my brain. The fog has been gradually lifting and I really notice it. I hadn't realized how I had been lying to myself.

I need all the supports I can find. Although AA isn't top of my favorite list, I've accepted that it is important for me to have that additional support. Once my IOP is over, I need to have my ducks lined up for support so I have started looking for a sponsor. Never thought I'd be doing that! After all these years of starting and stopping, I need much more in the way of supports than many.

Dee, you were so right on when you kept asking me what else I needed to add to the mix!

I can't adequately express how grateful I am to all of you and SR!
Old 09-19-2014, 07:36 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Sass I am grateful that you have never given up looking for a way out of the cycle.

Shoes that is one breed of cattle I haven't come across!

Well folks Scotland has marginally chosen against independence. It was my choice, so in the result I am happy. What saddens me is that in the lead up to it much has been said in both sides, lines have been drawn, families and friends divided. My real hope is that now the vote has been cast, regardless of personal choice, we reunite as the strong, generous loving humourous nation I have chosen as the home of my heart.

Trachy, I would so love a Marcher get together, I just not sure the adverse publicity would be good for SR!!!
Old 09-19-2014, 09:45 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

We!!!!! A wedding!!!! Oh my gosh -- this is so exciting!! And how happy you sound! I am so happy for you & J. Have you picked a date yet??? Who asked who and was it romantic? Ok, now I'm prying - I'll stop but just so darned happy for you!

And Sass, I am loving each post you write. You can hear how strong you are and I said it before but I'm so glad you found the formula that works for you. So inspiring!

Shoes, I do have a date coming up but here's the thing - I don't know it!!! It's at the end of October but I was such an emotional mess I didn't take note of the actual date - so I'll just have to celebrate the whole month

Much has changed since then. My brother and I have recently reunited and now that he's about a year booze free he is finally the uncle to my boys I always thought he would be. That makes my heart so happy. He came to our new house for the first time last weekend and he was my old brother again. I can never express how happy that makes me.

DD, I'm anxiously awaiting for that knock on my front door - the one that will be delivering my new IPHONE!!! Have you gotten yours yet?

Toots, very cool to hear an insiders perspective. Heck of a turnout too! I just read that 1 in 4 Americans would support secession. Interesting to think about...

Now I'm going to go and imagine what our get together would be like...I know only that it would be EPIC!
Old 09-19-2014, 10:37 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

(((Duff))), I'm so happy to hear your good news about your brother!! I'll bet you were an inspiration to him. Great for your boys to have their sober uncle in their lives :-)
Old 09-19-2014, 03:41 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers Duff things sound good with you, I'm glad. Trachy thanks for arranging the bail, I don't think I have any American dollars to hand.

It's a lovely morning here in Paradise and I'm so glad the weekend is here. Farmers market and a long bike ride tomorrow -- life's good.

Have a lovely day peeps.