Notices

Class of March 2013 part 32

Old 09-16-2014, 06:19 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Go, Gilmer!

Life, I recommend unending supplies of ice cream. You can diet later. You sound lots better, BTW.

Oh, also, I talked to Homeland Security. We're keeping toots.

Budd, "quiet"? You ain't foolin' me. When are you in ATL?
Old 09-16-2014, 06:25 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

How is Papa Shoes doing Shoes? Fingers crossed for your lottery ticket!

Talking bananas, JoyGirl posted this on a media website in honour of her Marcher friends.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (90.9 KB, 65 views)
Old 09-16-2014, 06:34 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

dance6: dance6: dance6: dance6: x 2

For my lovely friend Gilmer!

Sass, wow double celebration tomorrow then, 6 weeks sober and a visitor!!! Yay!!

Ken, I would miss you if you disappeared completely, I always look forward to a post form you.

Marcher, how is Mr Marcher now? Did you finish knitting your gift for N? X

Good to see you taking stock Life, there is no such thing as over planning where it comes to maintaining sobriety.

Hugs all
Old 09-16-2014, 08:34 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

So much to celebrate here!! Toots on 18 MONTHS! Gilmer on 10 MONTHS! and Sass on 6 WEEKS!! So proud of all of you! Sassy, I'm so glad you've found the formula that works for you!!!
Old 09-16-2014, 12:23 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

On the way home last night, at the exact same spot I got pulled over, were the police administering the field sobriety tests to someone. It brought back some bad memories, but quickly changed into thinking that getting arrested was probably the best thing that could have happened.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:48 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

(((Gilmer))), congrats on 10 months!!! And yes, this process I'm going through is invaluable. It's so much more than not drinking.

Life, you are sounding good :-) yes, planning is a good thing for our issues! I just trashed my remaining 4 wine glasses, corkscrew, foil cutter and Vacutainer stoppers. I figured if I didn't toss them and ran across them later, it could trigger me if at the wrong time. By itself ditching that stuff wouldn't stop me if I really, really wanted to drink but I don't want that reminder in my home.

Toots, thanks for sharing JoyGirl's banana pic! And happy visit tomorrow!

Shoes, I never feel 'stuck' with you - I will always value all of the Marchers. Although it took me much longer to finally stop drinking, you all helped an enormous amount and I am so grateful that you all have stuck with me. I was getting pretty darned discouraged for awhile. Dee had it right when he kept asking me what else I needed to add to the mix!

Trachy, thanks for talking to Homeland Security - we definitely need to keep Toots :-)

Duff, another one of our faithful Marchers! You remind me of Marcher - here regularly, generally brief notes but you are so supportive!
Old 09-16-2014, 12:49 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Sass, I think it was Scotland that contacted Homeland Security about us keeping Toots!
Old 09-16-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BuddinK View Post
Sass, I think it was Scotland that contacted Homeland Security about us keeping Toots!
I thought they were voting Yes or No about that on Saturday?
Old 09-16-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
I thought they were voting Yes or No about that on Saturday?
Old 09-16-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers

Congratulations to Gilmer, to Sass and to Life!

Toots it will be months before I finish knitting the cardigan for N but that's good, I like process as well as results. Click here to see the pattern.

Mum's doing pretty well. We are coming to the end of the football season, her team looks like making the Grand Final so she's happy.

Have a good day peeps.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy

Like Ken, I'm always lurking, even if I don't post for days (or weeks; shame on me) at a time.

I've actually been reading a lot of the friends and family forum lately. It's been helping me with some of my amends - relationships I screwed up with my drinking.

Congrats to everyone celebrating anniversaries.

In other news, I bought myself a fancy new iPhone. Don't know when it's coming because I had to order through my company (I can't really complain; they pay my cell phone bill in full). But credit card has been charged. I just hope it gets here in time for my cruise in November.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:47 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hey kids! Yes marcher I've been lurking some... Lol

Wow so many anniversaries!! So cool!

Sassy, congrats on 6 weeks that's huuuuge
Gilmer, 10 months? You rock!
Tooooots, 18 months. Wooohoooo!

I miss you guys, but was indeed quite busy with good stuff. My partner and I got engaged, in England, in her home town. So we will get married, sometime while we still have our teeth, , in my home state of California. Where conveniently, we can get married legally.

There are a lot more hellos to say, but I'm just getting here at almost 1:00 so I better quit while I'm behind. Good to see you all.

Oh, few more days and I'll have 19 months. Soooo very grateful for that!
Old 09-17-2014, 03:17 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Great to see you, WeHav! Congratulations! I'm glad the storminess is behind you and J.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:43 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wehav2day View Post
My partner and I got engaged, in England, in her home town. So we will get married
Oh Wehav and J, my loving congratulations to you both. I think you are our first engagement, what a wonderful celebration!

Much love to you both, I wish you all the happiness in the world.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:51 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations wehav

and congratulations to Sass and life and again to Gilmer and Toots

D
Old 09-17-2014, 03:54 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Wehav lovely to hear from you, I have been following your visit around the UK. Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming nuptials.

DD always lovely to hear from you sweetie, enjoy your new toy when it arrives. Where does your cruise visit? I am very envious!

Marcher you must be more careful how you write. Or perhaps I ought to reign in my imagination. The thought of a field of octogenarians and nonagenarians running round after a football was priceless and a wonderful start to my morning! ( it reminded me of the episode of 'Father Ted' when the old priests play a needle match - I dare say it is floating around YouTube somewhere!!)

Budd, I'm not sure whether to be pleased or insulted! Is the inference here that Scotland want rid of me, or that USA don't want me to leave???
I am chosing to be pleased!

Trachy you would be welcomed in Scotland, especially in my small corner of it..... Anyone who can do yardwork is welcome to visit anytime and help me fame my wilderness!! :lmoa:

Sass, I will see you at about 11:40. I see you have ordered sunshine for me, thank you!
Yes folks, Toots is travelling up to visit with her 'Soba Sista' Sass for a few hours today, another Marcher F2F and my fourth SR meet up. I must be heading to some kind of record by now!!

All my other Marcher friends, have a Happy Hump Day x
Old 09-17-2014, 04:52 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Just a quick one so I can be ready when Toots arrives :-) This is exciting!

WeHav, congrats to you and J on your engagement! I'm very happy for you :-)

Budd, yes I think you're right about Scotland contacting Homeland Security - I may just have to hide Toots up here in the hinterlands, lol!

Dee, Duff, Gilmer, Marcher, DD, Trachy, Shoes and all other Marchers, have a lovely day!
Old 09-17-2014, 03:57 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Marcher you must be more careful how you write. Or perhaps I ought to reign in my imagination. The thought of a field of octogenarians and nonagenarians running round after a football was priceless and a wonderful start to my morning! ( it reminded me of the episode of 'Father Ted' when the old priests play a needle match - I dare say it is floating around YouTube somewhere!!)
Old 09-17-2014, 04:00 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers It's a breezy cool spring morning in Paradise, a good day to get four loads of washing dry. I've been eating raw shelling peas while putting out the washing, they grow just a little way from the line.

Oh wow, I'm so excited to hear about Toots and Sass meeting up! I'll bet you have had a fabulous time, I'd love to be a fly on the wall.

Have a great day peeps.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:24 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I know, Marcher! I've been waiting anxiously for a report from Toots & Sass. Oh how I wish I could have been there!