Notices

Class of March 2013 part 32

Old 09-13-2014, 02:32 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

OMG Klondike meets candy bar??? I'm not safe!
Old 09-13-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Good afternoon all! We had a lovely time at the Farmers' Market this morning -- tomatoes, asparagus, lettuce, strawberries, blueberries, purple carrots, mushrooms, organic eggs, jersey milk, yoghurt & butter. I also picked up some Irish soda bread. It's a stunning spring day and last week is evaporating from my mind.

Have a good weekend peeps.
Old 09-13-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

You, too, Marcher!
Old 09-14-2014, 05:05 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi guys, kinda quiet here just now, on the other threads too, even for a weekend. I normally come online now for about an hour over all morning and eve, check my threads, write so yous don't forget me, write or reply to the odd pm..... In early recovery, SR was like a lifeline, I spent hours here, I had threads linked all over I was on newcomers all the time.... Now I realise I am easing my death grip on SR. I still need my regular fix, though if I miss a day I don't panic, but I am loosening my grip, I don't rely on it to keep me sober the way I did in the early days, not hour by hour anyway. I do still rely on it to keep me sober, just more in the manner of 'remember your a drunk Toots' rather than 'I need a drink pass the laptop and gimme SR stat'
Just musing today possums
Old 09-14-2014, 05:39 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Toots, I always enjoy your posts with your wise comments and great insight. It's both sad and happy at the same time to see friends start to move away from SR. I think it is a good evolution for those who are solid enough in their sobriety and in their new thought processes. You've certainly put a lot of thought and effort into changing your life. You are an inspiration! I will happily read your posts when you are here and will also happily think of you going about your much changed life away from here. I've seen a few others do the same.

I am not in a rush to move on but when the time comes, I think I will know it. I am feeling very solid now but definitely not cocky! If I were to pick up again, it would be a death sentence given my current state of health. This last round of drinking did noticeable damage and I simply can't keep doing that with impunity. I have lots of support from multiple sources now and it's gotten comparatively easy to stay sober. I haven't felt even tempted for the past couple of weeks and cravings are just about gone.

Have a good day, Marchers!
Old 09-14-2014, 01:22 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

That is great, Sass.
Old 09-14-2014, 01:42 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 18 months Toots

D
Old 09-14-2014, 07:05 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Good afternoon Marchers -- the midday pips just went on the ABC. It's a lovely spring day here, the line is groaning with washing and I've cleaned for this week.

Toots congratulations on 18 months! I know what you mean about loosening the death grip on SR but also like you I know it's important for me to check in plus I love you guys. It's good to know that I can ease the death grip but it's also important that I remember what brought me here and that I need to give back what has been so generously given to me.

Have a good day peeps.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:32 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Thanks all for the congrats.
Sass, I'm not going anywhere, being here and giving something back givesl me a good feeling. That won't change anytime soon. I just don't need to check in every two hours and post on every thread any more!!
Y'all are my homies! Xx
Old 09-15-2014, 04:49 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Toots how much longer are you in the States for?
Old 09-15-2014, 04:21 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Good morning all! I can see Wehav up in the list of users at SR, come on down Wehav!

Mum had a checkup with the doctor yesterday, her hand is healing well as are the other bruises from her falling the other day. That's a big relief.

Sass how are you going in the new place? Are you and kitty cat well settled now?

I'm off to work on this cloudy morning. I hope someone has the sunshine somewhere -- have a good day peeps.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:40 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Bimini, I think the bananas started when we hit one month. I'd give a dancing banana. It was the first jumpy cartoon thing I figured out. Then I'd give 2 bananas at 2 months etc. I begged Dee to make a jumpy cartoon thing with a banana bunch since it was getting to be a job keeping up with them but he said I'd have to pay like $8000 for that so I dropped it.

JK on the 8k.

I like bananas so it just became my congratulations thing.

Shoes used to be my thing too though. I would have given shoes but they didn't have a jumpy cartoon shoe. I have gotten some excellent virtual shoe presents though from my buddies here. Ask Marcher to bake you some virtual brownies or knit you a virtual blanket. She will. And Budd will give you free bowling lessons. Trachy is always good for a recipe. Or a word that you have never heard of. I've had to google search a few of those from him.

Still kind of unexciting around here in Shoeland.

Me too Toots, I don't need to check in every day but I ain't going anywhere. I like everybody too much too.

The air is getting crispy here. Sweater weather. I love it. Also is hot tea weather. I'm going to fix me up a delicious concoction of something. With natural honey. Yum yum. I love that natural honey. Hey Duff, I think Toots and Marcher have one of those vita mixers. I'm working on paying my car off first before I look at one of those. Only 6 more payments and she's all mine. Yay! I love no car payments. Cross your fingers car runs for long time after no payments.

Later!
xoxo
Old 09-15-2014, 07:29 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hi Marchers!

Checking in while dealing with a touch of insomnia.

Marcher, I'm more or less settled into my new digs, though I still have a lot of those moments like "Now where the heck did I put that little thingamabob?". My kitty loves it here. She is much more relaxed and sociable :-)

On other fronts, in a couple of days I will be 6 weeks sober. The great part is that I'm not white-knuckling and am having almost no cravings and the few of those are mild. It seems that SR + IOP + AA are doing the job. This afternoon I got rid of my wineglasses and as soon as I unearth my corkscrew, foil cutter and vacutainer stoppers, those will follow!

Happy days!
Old 09-15-2014, 08:11 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone!!!!

When I first joined here, as well as the rest of us, I imagine, this site was my lifeline. I didn't know what else to do. I was so used to my routine of, get done with work, hit the bar, drink til I ran out of money.

Coming on here was my way of developing a new routine. Some days I'd stay at work and read for 2-3 hours, until the thought of drinking passed.

As time went on and the sober days started piling up, I used the tools I learned from everyone here to retrain my thought mode. Nowadays after work my thoughts run to, go home, relax for a bit, got to bed, get up the next day and try to get something accomplished.

Like some others of us, I don't post nearly as often as I used to, I'm really very quiet by nature.

I still check here a few times everyday and am always happy to see everyone's posts, especially if they are doing either great, or struggling (because I'm glad to see your posting instead of hiding in a bottle, not happy that you are struggling!)

So, even though I don't feel I need the lifeline any longer, I will always be grateful for the times when we were all scared, broken, flawed but still hanging on to each other, getting through 10 minutes at a time, let alone 1 day at a time. And also in the knowledge that this lifeline will always be here.

If I don't post for a few days it's because I really have nothing to brag or complain about, but rest assured I'm always lurking and will be here any time anyone needs me.

However, Wednesday is my birthday so I will be expecting a cake!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-16-2014, 02:21 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Good morning, Marchers!

Ken, that is a really nice post! I am so happy for you :-) I'm glad that you will still be sticking around - it's good to know that although we are fewer in number, the Marchers haven't diminished in strength. You have overcome many obstacles and in the ways that count, you are a different person than the one I met back 18 months ago! I wish you much more of a happy, sober life.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:07 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Great post Ken.

Fantastic to hear you're six weeks sober Sass, you're sounding in a really good space.

also huge congrats on the 18 months Toots another fantastic milestone.

all good with me. Ending my second day of unemployment. It was a grey wet, stay in PJ's kind of day today. Need to sit down and write plan for myself until I go home to ensure structure and keep temptation at bay. so far, still no cravings, loving quality sleep.

Hugs to all.

Xx
Old 09-16-2014, 03:15 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

That sounds great, Life.

Congratulations, Sass! You're really getting a lot out of this process, aren't you?
Old 09-16-2014, 03:21 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Today I have 10 months!
Old 09-16-2014, 05:44 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

It's throw back Tuesday. Let's see if I remember how to do this...

Congratulations Gilmer!!

xoxo ((Gilmer))!
Old 09-16-2014, 05:53 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I'll start on the cake Ken. It will take me a day.

Today is a sweatpants type of day for work. I pull it off by fibbing that I'm going to the gym over lunch when really I don't. Not that too many people actually care.

Hey Life! Glad you are feeling good. Maybe the job was more stress than you realized. I know that sometimes you don't actually feel the stress till it's gone.

My Mom died a year ago this month. Not that I forgot but I was switching purses yesterday and found the old uhaul truck receipt from sept 2012 when I moved them to the Alzheimer's place. Plus a $100 bill. I didn't know whether to cry or jump for joy. I bought a lottery ticket just in case though. Love found money.

We have all been through a lot together. Some great and some not so great. I'm with you Ken. I owe quite a bit to everyone here. Plus, Marchers are all pretty special people. I wouldn't want to miss anything so you are all stuck with me.

Later!
xoxo