Notices

Class of March 2013 part 32

Old 09-11-2014, 05:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hope your blood pressure is back to normal Marcher. And hope your Mum's hand is better. I know how their skin is paper thin and just a little bump can hurt it. However, I think older women's hands are so beautiful. It's like we get pretty ones when we are young, then middle age they show our age and then when we get much older the paper like skin makes them look like delicate porcelain with the light shining through. I love them.

So alls good over in Shoeland.

Thanks for warning me on the juicer Toots. I gave it to mf. He will use it. I'm only out $5.ninety nine so I'll live.

Budd and Trach in an airport. How fun. Post a pic. I'd love to see you two.

It's getting kind of cold here. I'm loving it. I'm so ready for sweaters and boots. And soup and homemade bread. Turn that oven on! In fact I'm going to bake some muffins tonight just to turn it on.

I'm sucking wind on the morning person thing. I'm not giving up though. I have determined I need exactly 7 hours of sleep. My problem is I get a 2nd wind about 10pm. I used to be able to fly on 4 or 5 hours but not anymore. Boo. Don't tell me to go workout to be able to go to bed early. I don't want to. Haha.

Later buddies!
xoxo
Old 09-11-2014, 07:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Budd, you cooking for a military base..... Now surely that is an act of terror- ism!!

We were on holiday in Turkey. The kids had headed back on a flight in the early hours. No we were in panic mode until we knew for sure that they had landed ok. Now Turkey is a mainly Muslim country bordering Iraq and Syria and had British Air bases, so we had absolutely no idea what to expect to happen over the next few days as events unfolded. We genuinely wondered if we would ever get back to Scotland.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I often wonder if I will ever get back to Scotland.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:14 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 360shoes View Post
Fantastic Bimini!! 6 months is awesome! Join the Banana club!

See Bimini, I told you Shoes would give you a piece of fruit. Now you are officially a Marcher!
Old 09-12-2014, 01:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
I often wonder if I will ever get back to Scotland.
Course we will, Toots will see us coming up the street ...

Old 09-12-2014, 03:14 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi all. Marcher hope you're Mum is feeling better, that fall must have given her a shock, I understand how tissue thin their skin can be, good you got to spend the day off with her.

All well with the plant. Still sober and still got absolutely no desire to drink. Long may it continue!

Finished up at work today, it was quite sad, it was a great job and such a fantastic team but alas, time to move on. We went out for lunch and I received some lovely gifts, altogether very spoiled today........didn't get a lot of work done!

Not much to report today guys. Sending love to all.

Oh welcome back Bimmie and congrats on your six months. This is a great crew to hang around with, fell free to pop in anytime........you'll always be welcome.

Later folks

LP xx
Old 09-12-2014, 03:46 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Just so y'all know..it's 6:45 AM and I can already tell it's gonna be onna those days. Much wailing and gnashing of teeth may follow.

Love ya! Bye!
Old 09-12-2014, 03:49 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Toots, my mom was in Turkey too. She did say, though, that everyone in Turkey was wonderful and made them feel at as ease as you could feel in those circumstances. I think we were much more worried about her than she was.

We're having dinner on Sat night with a good friend who is a retired NYPD Captain who was a first responder. He talks very openly about it and seems to have processed it all ok. I have another friend who was a NYFD chief and suffers from major PTSD - his battalion was one of the first on the scene and he lost most of his men. He gave my son the NYFD T-shirt he was wearing that day. The boys are too young to know much about it but they know that "bad guys" knocked down our building in NY and they know that a lot of people helped that day - they also know that the Soldiers (the "good guys") keep us safe. It's strange to think that for them it will just be a story, a part of history. For all of us it's something we lived through and know how it changed the world.

On to today...

Shoes and Sass, I'm really wanting to get a Vita Mixer (is that the one??) -- I'd love to do more juicing.

TGIF!! I start a 2 week boxing trial tomorrow! So psyched - it's supposed to be an majorly intense hour long workout. They say it's a wonderful way to relieve stress and take out anger. I'm not angry right now and my stress seems to be in check at the moment (could have used it last week).

The inspection went well on our house and looks like we are set to close on 10/16 - such a relief. I didn't realize what a stressor that was on us and I'm really looking forward to closing.

Enjoy the weekend everyone!!
Old 09-12-2014, 03:51 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

(((Life))) I know you loved your job but I can't wait to see what's around the corner for you in this next chapter.

Trachy, hope your day gets better! Vent to us as needed...
Old 09-12-2014, 04:18 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good weekend everyone
Hope today is ok Trachy

Good to hear from you life

D
Old 09-12-2014, 04:22 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

You have a good weekend, too, Dee!
Old 09-12-2014, 05:43 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Good morning, Marchers!

I've been a little scarce lately. Posting here and on Undies, 9 hours a week IOP plus 3 AA meetings and it feels incredibly intense - but good! Being sober is the name of the game!

Duff, it's called a Vitamix and there is a web site of the same name. They have at least one video demo on there. It is an awesome machine! Selling a home is so stressful. Having just gone through all that, I can really empathize! And boxing! Hello world, look out 'cause Duff is gonna knock you out.

Toots, that sounds scary! Are you now back in Boston?

Marcher, love the pics and other images you share with us.

(((Life))), so happy to hear you are doing well! I've considered asking my doc for meds but am still hesitating.

Trachy, sorry you've had a rough start to the day. I hope the rest is better!

Shoes, soup and homemade bread ... I'm heading over to join you!

Budd, did you serve them all pop tarts and pot pies, lol?

Hi, Gilmer! I hope you and Dee and everyone else have a really good weekend!
Old 09-12-2014, 10:56 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Thanks for the shout-outs everyone.

Trach, hope you feel better.

Shoes - what's with the fruit? Does the banana have a special meaning - other than I had to think when I typed it? And, thank you. I'm pretty sure

It's a lovely day here and I've wasted half of it already. Had an intense meeting yesterday, I'm not quite recovered yet. (HOA - we've got some big issues right now, and no clear consensus.)
Old 09-12-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Today got progressively better after the initial dousing I got. It rained so much as I was loading the truck this morn that I had to change clothes before I could head out. It took two hours to make a one hour trip. Then the clouds parted, the sky blued, and the tournament went swimmingly. Pun intended. I came home to find another scheduled for Monday. Copuple more errands to run, later.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:42 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Trachy, happy to hear your day got better - swimmingly :-)
Old 09-12-2014, 04:21 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers Trachy that was really clever -- while I slept your day improved!

Life I am glad to see you, good to hear from you girl.

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Budd, did you serve them all pop tarts and pot pies, lol?
Oh Sass I am so glad you said that! I almost said it on the 11th but I stopped myself because I thought it might be culturally insensitive of me, but now you've said it I can say I had visions of this entire military base eating Ken's pot pies!

I am glad it's the weekend and I hope you all have a good one.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:47 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Smooch, Marcher...don't tell him
Old 09-12-2014, 05:13 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
!Marchers

Oh Sass I am so glad you said that! I almost said it on the 11th but I stopped myself because I thought it might be culturally insensitive of me, but now you've said it I can say I had visions of this entire military base eating Ken's pot pies!

I am glad it's the weekend and I hope you all have a good one.
No pot pies were injured during that episode!
Old 09-13-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I need veggies. Who wants to go to the chinese buffet?
Old 09-13-2014, 01:21 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
I need veggies. Who wants to go to the chinese buffet?
Sorry, Trachy! I'm not big on Chinese food...